PDA

View Full Version : BWG or Henisync reprogramming sounds?

magic
28th October 2007, 11:23 PM
Is there any bineural sounds that can reprogram the human brain to interpret things differently, for example to program a person to feel more comfortable in social situations.
If not in bineural beats, could this be done by hypnosis?

/magic

journyman161
29th October 2007, 02:33 AM
It isn't the binaurals that do any programming. They merely entrain the brain to run at a particular 'beat' - this can then be used for a variety of purposes. At basic, without any other use, it can bring both sides of the brain into equivalent use, enhancing creativity &/or thought.

However, once the rhythm is established, you can then add in extras that will do what you're asking about. Given the initial 6 - 7 minutes it takes normally for the brain to reach entrainment, you can then add in voice tracks that do what is basically self-hypnosis.

you should read carefully about how to engage in any form of hypnosis - you're basically opening the sub-conscious to whatever might be said & you need to be aware of the possible consequences of not thinking through what you say while the defences are down. There is not a lot of evaluation going on in hypnosis sessions.

journyman161
29th October 2007, 02:36 AM
To avoid any misunderstanding... by "There is not a lot of evaluation going on in hypnosis sessions" I mean by the subconscious - when hypnosis is happening, the instructions are bypassing the normal censor system & the analytical processes normally in use. So be careful what you say while in the hypnosis state, which means be careful what you record.

Pneumaphor
29th October 2007, 06:30 AM
Brainwave generator allows you to make your own presets. Their website includes many user created programs too. However, I would keep Jman's advice in mind when selecting or creating a program.

You want to use simple, short command statements in active voice. Do not say, "I want to smoke less", because the subconscious will hear the first four words and the reprogramming will be done before the fifth word, "less" reaches your ears. Your subconscious may thus only hear, "I want to smoke." Say instead, "I don't smoke," or "I detest tobacco." If you use the correct phrasing, there is some evidence that self-hypnosis done by using one's own voice is far more effective than any other voice can be.

Korpo
29th October 2007, 08:09 AM
you should read carefully about how to engage in any form of hypnosis - you're basically opening the sub-conscious to whatever might be said & you need to be aware of the possible consequences of not thinking through what you say while the defences are down. There is not a lot of evaluation going on in hypnosis sessions.

I read a lot to the contrary - that the subconscious will not engage in activities that run contrary to what you would agree to basically. So you're neither completely manipulateable nor defenseless. You can, however, get yourself in trouble by implementing ambiguous instructions and producing an inner conflict.

Oliver

journyman161
29th October 2007, 09:39 AM
I read a lot to the contrary - that the subconscious will not engage in activities that run contrary to what you would agree to basically.Actually the subconscious can be persuaded to do anything required by simply placing the subject into a frame where such a thing is a legitimate response.

That however is not what I was talking about in the least - I was referring to poor programming based on not thinking through what is being said - such as the example given above by Pneumaphor.

I'm not sure why you'd leap to the 'what you wouldn't do' conclusion

You can, however, get yourself in trouble by implementing ambiguous instructions and producing an inner conflict.Which is pretty much what I said.

journyman161
29th October 2007, 09:45 AM
You want to use simple, short command statements in active voice. Do not say, "I want to smoke less", because the subconscious will hear the first four words and the reprogramming will be done before the fifth word, "less" reaches your ears. Your subconscious may thus only hear, "I want to smoke." Say instead, "I don't smoke," or "I detest tobacco." If you use the correct phrasing, there is some evidence that self-hypnosis done by using one's own voice is far more effective than any other voice can be.Another way to address the issue is to focus on what you want rather than any negatives. In the example above, you don't even mention smoking - you focus on the improvements wanted once the smoking stops.
"I want to be able to breathe" "Fresh air is wonderful in my lungs" I want my taste buds to work" things that focus your desires on the positive results rather than trying to address the negative behaviours.

Serenity
29th October 2007, 10:58 AM
I've been hypnotized before. :D I did a lot of things I would never do normally. :lol: :oops:

Absinth Minded
3rd November 2007, 05:17 AM
I've been hypnotized before. :D I did a lot of things I would never do normally. :lol: :oops:

Hmmm...does it work faster and better than alcohol? :wink: