PDA

View Full Version : Awakening technique

thoth
31st October 2007, 01:17 PM
I heard of a Tibetan technique and would like an opinion on. The following will have to be done on a daily basis.

Relax you joints and spin counter clockwise a total of 99 times(33 at a time, all together, or any other combination you feel comfortable with). The point is to spin and then stop abruptly without feeling dizzy. This should be done in addition to drinking at least 2 liters of water and deep breathing exercises.

This is designed to start spinning your chakras into some form of activation and cleansing your body, eventually activating the 12 strand DNA. It is also advisable to meditate as well. I was warned that this technique is very powerful and it is absolutely essential to ground myself when doing this.

I did some light research on this without any luck, but because of the dangers never went ahead to trying it out. More recent reading, especially AD, confirmed that any type of brute force chakra activation is unwise.

I’m still wondering though, could this work at all?

star
31st October 2007, 03:21 PM
You'll have to try it and give us an update. :) Keep in mind that some stuff is only supersition.

Böng
31st October 2007, 08:35 PM
Are you by chance reffering to the spinning done by Whirling Dervishes (Maulawiyans)?
The 5 Tibetian Rites whirling rite is done clockwise. (When done like descried in the book "Eye of Revelation")
The Sufi Dance whirling meditation one is done counter-clockwise when you look at youtube snippets

Tom
31st October 2007, 10:14 PM
It sounds more like a summary to me than a complete description of how to go about it. Is there a more detailed set of instructions to work with, so as to be able to try it if we were to choose to? It would be easy to imagine that the breathing part means a certain number of rotations while breathing in, a certain number while holding the breath in, a certain number while breathing out, and possibly even a certain number while holding the breath out. Also I could imagine that if it is yogic the idea may be to combine with mulabandha and other locks.

Chris_com28
5th November 2007, 09:37 PM
Well it is a summary. Deep breathing exercises sounds kind of vague. There's also no mention of how to spin, where to focus etc. What some Muslims do is spin in a way what doesn't get them dizzy. I'm sure this is involved. Maybe someone not so stressed out at the moment could dig up some more information on this.

Cal
5th November 2007, 09:42 PM
I don't know if this specific technique will work or cause awakening, but I can tell you that physically spinning parts of your body in sync DOES have effects.

However it's not just any kind of spinning, or more specifically it's not spinning at all, but it does feel like it, it doesn't look like it though, because the spinning is so smalling it actually looks like shaking.

I haven't done much with this but here are my experiences. I have only done it with my arms, the joints must circle perfectly and very quickly. The direction of the spin has an effect. One way seems to speed everything up, the other slows everything down.

The speed boost makes you feel really alive and alert but also slightly detached, as though you have "stepped up and away" passing your physical body, mind and life a little deeper into your consciousness (subconscious, so you don't have to worry about it, you can just watch, but you must maintain focus, you don't leave your body, and it's not a way to escape anything). If tranced then the mental sensation alone I believe will cause immediate projection (but haven't tried it).

The slowing down is useful for putting yourself into trance very quickly.

But it's not just about spinning your joints the right way, there's more to it, if anyone wants to learn how to do this all I can say is do what I did: Practice moving your eyes around fluidly until it becomes your natural way of moving your eyes and all will be revealed naturally.

Cal