PDA

View Full Version : answer to astral practitioner's post

Jonathan2525
2nd November 2007, 12:38 AM
Hello Astral P,

If you’re low on energy you can always use the NEW tutorial until the book arrives. There’s lot of stuff in the book that’s new to NEW :D. The book has more information about the structure of the energy body that is found in Robert’s other works (central channel, ida and pingala, major chakras and the structures that surround them). It also instructs on how to use energy balls and elemental energies in order to develop, stimulate, and heal the energy body. However, the full body storage circuit is practically identical to the one on the tutorial. There is no need to wait to raise energy, and if you want to make good use of those techniques in the book it would be better if you filled up your storage centers before it arrives.

Here is one of the key ideas in the book that you can start using right now; changing the subtle qualities of energy. You already know that if you focus your awareness in a part of your body and move it around you are moving energy, but you can change the subtle quality of that energy by using your imagination. Something as simple as adding color to the energy changes it. That is you can visualize the energy as red as you focus you awareness on that energy (make sure you don’t loose the tactile imaging portion of it – you cannot loose your awareness contact with that part of the body as you visualize). Simply visualizing, in addition to body awareness action, can change the quality of this energy. You can also use your imagination to add intention. Let’s say you are trying to heal a sore elbow using NEW. You use the old etheric wrap technique but now you imagine that the energy you are using is healing energy (that it has the property of being able to heal you elbow). Hold this idea of healing firmly in your mind as you carry out the body awareness action. You can also add a visualization component to it by picturing the energy as green (I say green because I’ve always associated green with healing).

There’s a lot more on the book about this, there is a chapter entitled “Charging Energy with Intention” which includes working with elemental energies (the fundamental principles of creation) and another chapter on healing. But you can start applying the above right now if you use your imagination, which is what this is all about.

Here’s a quote on this very subject from another excellent text, albeit less practical:

Imagination, in effect, is like the soul's eye; therein forms are outlined and preserved; thereby we behold the reflections of the invisible world; it is the glass of visions and the apparatus of magical life. By its intervention we heal diseases, modify the seasons, warn off death from the living and raise the dead to life, because it is the imagination which exalts will and gives it power over the Universal Agent [referring to akasa perhaps? – the ether – causal principle]. Imagination determines the shape of the child in its mother's womb and decides the destiny of men; it lends wings to contagion and directs the arms of warfare. Are you exposed in battle? Believe yourself to be invulnerable like Achilles, and you will be so, says Paracelsus. Fear attracts bullets, but they are repelled by courage.

The above is from “The Doctrine of Transcendental Magic” by Eliphas Levi. The stuff in brackets is mine and the bold emphasis was added by me.

Although I wouldn’t put the more extreme of these suggestion to the test (“thanks Mike but I don’t need a bulletproof vest, I’ll just use my imagination” :D) I certainly get the point.

I hope this wets your appetite and tides you over until you get the book Astral,