PDA

View Full Version : HOW EFFECTIVE ???

planet
4th November 2007, 03:46 AM
Just curious

how many people learning OOBB from this metod has met in the astral yet?

Beekeeper
4th November 2007, 03:56 AM
Planet, some people might find this easy but I struggle with recall when this happens. I've had a few people tell me I visited them (one didn't even know I was into projection) and I've had vague recall of meetings that I've been able to confirm, at least one with CF.

A lady I work with told me she had a "terrible nightmare" the other day. She was in a tube and her daughter was in a tube above her. They were moving through rapidly and were aware of one another but couldn't connect. In fear, she called out to her daughter who sung out from her bedroom, "I'm here, Mummy."

When she asked me what it might mean, I suspected a cover dream for an astral projection. I asked her if she had actually called out to her daughter in real life or only in the dream. She thought she had done it in real life but said she'd check with her husband. As it turns out, her husband heard their daughter call out, "I'm here, Mummy," but not T calling to her daughter first, that had happened in the dream.

Aunt Clair
4th November 2007, 04:47 AM
Just curious

how many people learning OOBB from this metod has met in the astral yet?

As Beekeeper said it is more difficult to recall than to do . I have met others in the astral and I have had others tell me that I visited them .What is especially curious is when people who do not know what you look like ,pm to say that you appeared in a projection or dream and they accurately describe you . That is not as uncommon as we might suppose .

kiwibonga
4th November 2007, 09:05 PM
Here's an experience I once had: I left my body and walked down the hallway and walked past my sister's room... I turned towards her door, and then I went unconscious. I then dreamt that I had this big blue fireworks rocket, I shot it horizontally into the neighbor's window, it landed in their microwave and blew up.

The next day, I told my sister about it, and she stared blankly at me for a minute... She dreamt that she was at our uncle's house and all of a sudden, their neighbor's house blew up...

It could be a coincidence, of course, but if it's not, then it could indicate that astral meetings can also take place symbolically...

Maybe we do meet others on a regular basis in dreams, but we interpret things subjectively and end up experiencing the same experience differently, which completely prevents us from identifying astral meetings as such!

planet
9th November 2007, 03:46 AM
I asked because if oobe is something real then it should be possible for any experienced practicioner to experience a real gathering in the astral .

Also , if the oobe "meetings" you guys have experienced are not a creation of the subconcious mind, then it all should be put togheter as a method achievable in a predefined period of time. I mean there is gotta be a mecanical proceadure workable for anyone who tryies it. ..otherwise there`s something else dancing in between.

CFTraveler
9th November 2007, 04:08 PM
I asked because if oobe is something real then it should be possible for any experienced practicioner to experience a real gathering in the astral . It sounds like an opinion instead of a question.

Also , if the oobe "meetings" you guys have experienced are not a creation of the subconcious mind, then it all should be put togheter as a method achievable in a predefined period of time. I mean there is gotta be a mecanical proceadure workable for anyone who tryies it. ..otherwise there`s something else dancing in between. And this sounds like you have decided on what this is should be, and solid opinions on what this phenomenon should be. Are you sure you want to go down this route?
I have said it before and I'll say it again: You are welcome here if you are here to investigate the phenomenon and to try to learn how to do it. We have free tutorials on site and plenty of journals to see what people have seen (and what they haven't), etc.
However, if you are here to try to get people to prove to you what they do is 'real', you're in the wrong place. There are plenty of other forums that welcome this type of challenge.
This forum is for people who have experiences and want to talk about them, in a safe environment. And we are very strict about how we enforce them. Please consider this your first warning.

planet
9th November 2007, 11:09 PM
I just tried to put it into cientific pattern :?
I cannot decide what the opinions regarding to this phenomenon should be because I dont have a cientific base to talk about... nor even authority.

This forum is for people who have experiences and want to talk about them, in a safe environment.

So I know now what is this forum taking about.

CFTraveler
10th November 2007, 12:45 AM
Dear planet:
The scientific method deals with the measurement of objective phenomena- phenomena that can be measured and it's results tested and double tested until a hypothesis can be proven or disproven.

The out-of body experience is essentially a subjective experience, in which your consciousness can perceive a variety of experiences, some which can be verified as being outside of the body, but a great percentage the objectified subconscious projection of a person's psychology.

It is because of this that the OBE can't be tested in the way that scientific methodology would require.
For example, I have been projecting since I was a child, and am now in my 'middle age'. I can't even count how many projections I have had. But, if you ask me what evidence I have of having been out of the body? I can tell you that as a child I had a projection in which I saw my family members in a party, and could tell them what they were wearing, etc. (verified). Years later, when newly married, I went to my husband's work and saw what he was doing. Because it was so out of the ordinary, I called him on the phone as soon as I got up, and he was baffled at my telling him what he had been doing. I have had similar verifications like these, and one shared projection with my husband (who wasn't into this stuff until recently), are enough to convince me that my ego left my body and saw objective stuff. But scientific proof? No, I wouldn't call it that.

CEP2plet
10th November 2007, 12:45 AM
planet:

I asked because if oobe is something real then it should be possible for any experienced practicioner to experience a real gathering in the astral .

First of all, I don't think anyone actually said it was real. We're all excited when we talk about it, like something wonderful just happened, yeah... but real? Does it have to be to be able to be experienced? Philosophers have spent hours thinking about why stories affect people listening to them as if they were real (so have I). You can use this syllogism here, for example:

A physical/emotional sensation/experience is "real".
People listen to myths as if they're experiencing/inside the myth itself
Myths are "real".

As you can see the syllogism has true premises ("true", as in, agreeable), but the conclusion that naturally follows in a categorical syllogism is false ("false", as in, disagreeable). It's not the syllogism's fault that this phenomenon occurs regularly whenever we watch a movie, listen to a good story, or read a novel that moves us. It's one of the many paradoxes of ourselves ("paradox", meaning a statement that is illogical but nonetheless true). But this paradox is one that does not exploit or subordinate us. It's one that we love to participate in. We've done so much with it since (whenever). An OBE is sort of just another paradox of us, but waaay more complex, hence, it is also waaay more elusive. Not that it's beyond all of logic. It's just... more elusive.

planet:

Also , if the oobe "meetings" you guys have experienced are not a creation of the subconcious mind, then it all should be put togheter as a method achievable in a predefined period of time. I mean there is gotta be a mecanical proceadure workable for anyone who tryies it. ..otherwise there`s something else dancing in between.

Yep, there's "something else dancing in between" alright. Hahaha! And it's nothing you or I can figure out at the moment.

planet:

I just tried to put it into cientific pattern Confused
I cannot decide what the opinions regarding to this phenomenon should be because I dont have a cientific base to talk about... nor even authority.

Scientific... it's scientific...

CFTraveler
10th November 2007, 12:50 AM
Ceptuplet: It is possible that planet may be spanish speaking, in which the word for scientific would be 'cientifico'. So I can see how he or she could have the tendency to write it that way.
I have the problem with some words in english that, spelled correctly, break rules in spanish, and I have to struggle with myself to write them correctly. It's funny how some things become ingrained.

CEP2plet
10th November 2007, 01:15 AM
AAHHHAHAHA!!! Oh, OK. Alright. No hard feelings. Right, international. Keep forgetting.

planet
10th November 2007, 02:00 AM
hehe absolutly dificult to get info from CFtraveler !!! but i least got a clearer picture.

... yes planet is a male word so im a "don juan" dear traveler.

Korpo
10th November 2007, 10:02 AM
planet,

Even while there are "mechanical approaches" to having an OBE they work for varying degrees for different people. We don't know if only our minds are involved. We don't have even a near-complete picture of the anatomy of the energy body or how it works or how it relates to projection, so we can't even really say if there's a mechanical approach and what its parameters are.

Robert published a rate with a comparatively high rate of success and holds workshops which are helpful for inducing the experience. But this cannot guarantee you an OBE.

Maybe we don't have enough skilled masters to report back yet to formulate a truly mechanical approach, yet. There have been attempts at this, but unless everyone could produce an OBE or precisely be told why it fails I would not call it "mechanical".

Personally, I find people's experiments and experiences more exciting at this stage where we don't know much for sure. It's this early, pre-scientific stage that happens in any discipline. I guess thousands of physicists would give an arm or an leg to be part of that age where big truths are still waiting for the right mind, before the nitty-gritty of detail work starts. People from those times always get remembered best - like Einstein, like Newton.

Take good care,
Oliver

planet
10th November 2007, 10:47 PM
Checking out some threads on this site I´ve found something interesting about learning getting out of body, ..everyone who gets any degree of a success obe by the first time soon or latter finds out that it is almost impossible to achieve a 2nd time oobe..
You see there are some coincidences in all cases which are very interesting to dig in.

Many children under , lets say 8 yrold , does obe in a spontaneouss fashion, it just happen for them.
As well as they grow up that ability fades out.
The same happens when you put a person under hypnosis, you take away their "conscious" mind and you can actually trigger an oobe for that individual. But if the conscious mind is still awake, "somthing" will prevent to any "uncontrolled" action to take place by its own.

Something in your words above Korpo made me recall that old movie about aliens taking out the planet , ..hehe I dont know if you remember but the alliens finally die because of the bacteria their bodies didnt know how to manage... The movie ends saying that we , the human race, have earned this planet by developing bodies which automatically can protect us from the hostile enviroment around us.

SO, what keeps us living in one astral pool (reality) instead of fluxing from one to another is the self learned protective memory which keeps us safe into one place probably.

thanks to internet that makes us all internationals. :wink:

CFTraveler
10th November 2007, 11:03 PM
Checking out some threads on this site I´ve found something interesting about learning getting out of body, ..everyone who gets any degree of a success obe by the first time soon or latter finds out that it is almost impossible to achieve a 2nd time oobe.. I think if you dig in some more you'll find that people usually get out once and then try the same way and fail... but when they adapt their approach they usually succeed. There are lots of people that have OBE journals here, and you'll see how we've adapted our exit techniques depending on how we adapt to the changes in our subconscious beliefs and energy bodies.

I do agree we do have built-in 'safeguards' against this type of thing, and it is very simple- survival would be very difficult if you were projecting consciously while you were trying to run away from a hungry sabertooth, let's say. And it would become difficult to distinguish your choices if you had conscious access to all the probable outcomes of a decision- it would make terrestrial life very difficult, and after all, we seem to have incarnated for a reason.

But still, it's so much fun to do those things that you know you can't while in-body, and that's probably why we do it, scary experiences and all.