PDA

View Full Version : How helpful can they be?

SeekingTheTruth
6th November 2007, 04:58 AM
There have been sites that I've found that promise if you buy their audio CD, they can induce astral projection in as little as 20 minutes. Is that possible? Are there any free CDs or at the very least audio tracks that can be downloaded that will do more than just make you feel calm and relaxed?

CFTraveler
6th November 2007, 02:55 PM
I really doubt that. Since people are different, and react differently to everything, a blanket statement like that is highly suspect. There's probably some really fine print in those claims.

Korpo
6th November 2007, 08:23 PM
I got nearly pulled out when I listened to my first Focus 10 Hemisync track, because I did not know what would happen or what to expect. Only me panicking prevented that and that formed a mental block soon enough.

It can happen first time, it can take a lot of work. For some people fear, maybe subconscious fear, is the worst obstacle. Others require more energy body development. Others can do it at will but never really tried or figured as much before.

You just have to find out what works for you.

Take good care,
Oliver

Deadliner
7th November 2007, 12:06 AM
There have been sites that I've found that promise if you buy their audio CD, they can induce astral projection in as little as 20 minutes. Is that possible? Are there any free CDs or at the very least audio tracks that can be downloaded that will do more than just make you feel calm and relaxed?

If it was that easy, everyone would be doing it. OOBEs would be known to all people and we'd all have fun in the astral. This very forum would not exist since there wouldn't be a need for it to do so.

There's always people who want to make money, and marketing tricks. People saw this potential OOBE market and started making products about it. It's so easy actually, all you have to do is make a CD with binaural beats, market it, sell it and make profit. And how would you sell more of it? By advertising it as the tool that can give you an OOBE quite easily. Hmmm... how about in less than 20 minutes?

Of course, an OOBE could occur in less than 20 minutes if you listen to such a CD. If you really *beleive* that a CD can do that for you, then you could actually do it yourself. Like placebo!

I suggest you think twice before you pay for stuff that are using such aggresive marketing scheme. I'd stick with BWgen/sbagen which are free!

JoSac
1st January 2008, 07:11 PM
Ya i use R.B.'s for like the meditation and stuff. But i dont think they can actually cause projection. I think its all in the mind, since u think it will cause an altered state of consciousness, you will alter your state. IMO.

JS

CFTraveler
1st January 2008, 07:34 PM
Ok, now for some known facts (and I don't use these terms a lot):
Fact: Binaural beats or hemispheric synchronization audio equipment work by putting tones of differing frequencies in each ear.
Fact: When different tones are inputted in a working auditory system (healthy hearing), the brain takes each tone and creates a third tone. This third tone is the difference in tones that was put in each ear.
So If I put in 10MHz in one ear, and 1 MHz in the other, my brain will synchronize with both and create a 9MHz tone. Because of entrainment, the brain will 'tune into', provided this frequency is within hearing range. The human ear has a limited range of hearing. Ultrasound is sound that is too high to hear, and VLF or ULF (very low frequency and ultra low frequency) are close to going below the human hearing range.

Scientists have experimentally shown that the human brain does different things at different frequencies. The frequencies in which the brain normally functions vary from Alpha all the way to Delta. (This may not be strictly correct as I'm hurrying through it. There may be freqs. below Delta and higher than Alpha that the human ear can hear, in fact there's a resource somewhere in the 'science and research' sections. For more details look it up.

Statistical studies and scientific research have found that certain altered states happen mostly at certain frequencies. Delta is commonly known for REM sleep, the time when most dreaming is done, but actally dreaming happens in other frequencies. More detailed info is obtainable- many researchers have done extensive studies in this. De Gracia, La Berge and Leland come to mind, but they are just the ones that came to mind as I type this.

As dreaming occurs mostly in Delta, the OBE state seems to occur in Theta. Once again these are statistical studies based on experiments by researchers. In other words, these things may diverge. For example, I have had some gnarly OBEs in Delta. But that's another story.

So if you put these together, you can induce some brain frequencies conducive to altered states using binaural beats. This doesn't mean you will have an OBE when you hear an induction tape based on this, because there are too many variables that contribute to the attainment of the altered state that's just 'right' for you to achieve it.

Hypnosis tapes are another thing altogether, so I'll keep my opinions to myself as to their effectiveness.
However, saying "if you think it will" as the sole facilitator for the experience is a bit too simple, IMO.