PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Projecting

LizEmerson
1st November 2005, 12:14 AM
Hi

I'm new to these boards. I have had Robert's books for about four months now after hearing him on Coast to Coast. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Although the thought of astral projecting makes me extremely excited, I'm very scared to even begin.

I understand our ancestors knew all about the other realms, etc. but i'm not sure what to do. Knowing what I know now, I'm even afraid to sleep in the dark. Thanks mainly, to the radio show coast to coast. haha.

Anyway, I'm not a born-again Christian or anything. I'm into some Odinism. But doesn't the Bible warn against any kind of occult practices. I've always been interested in things like remote viewing, but how do these people know (including psychics) that these aren't just demons telling you lies. Jesus said Satan is the "father of all lies".

I'm not sure I'm going to do any of these things, but the thought of leaving one's body is very exciting.

---Liz

Apex
1st November 2005, 12:30 AM
Well, I won't get into it too much, but I'll say I used to be a Christian, raised from birth. To me, being a Christian meant believing the things the church and Bible taught me. It is indeed true that the Bible warns about straying from it, in fact the Bible warns about pretty much everything that might 'stray you from the path'. The tone of the Bible can be interpreted many ways, and it is. You could say the Bible is protecting its believers from harm by limiting their practices, which it does. You could also say it is harming them by not allowing them to explore on their own.

If you want to discuss this further, let me know. To clarify, I'm not an agent of the 'devil' drooling over the idea of straying you from 'the path'. Any decisons you make you have to make on your own, without warning or threatening of punishment if you choose incorrectly.

5th February 2006, 02:25 PM
I am the father of all lies.

That is the truth

Sachiel
5th February 2006, 04:54 PM
Satan is a concept. We are sure that this is not demons telling us lies because finding and killing demons in the astral for fun is something many of us do. You'd think charading angels would be a little pissed off at that, and, oh, stop sending us healing/positive energy, which demons are incapable of anyways.

The bible warns against occult practices, but I suspect that that refers more to the Dark Arts, i.e. necromancy, satanics, etc. In fact, there is even a verse in the bible talking about some projection phenomena.

Remember your Creator
When the Silver Cord is severed
The Golden Bowl is broken

That's just a part of it, but the silver cord is the energy attachment from astral body to physical during a projection, and the golden bowl is the Crown (Sahasrara) Chakra. These are both broken/severed during death. More specifically, the Golden Bowl will break from a too-powerful Kundalini surge, which is an aspect (albeit more dangerous one; everything else is pretty safe, peachy!) of astral work.

So, as long as you aren't trying to kill people, no worries. And you'll be safe. Trust me. If you're worried about that at all, just look in the Psychic Self Defense forum for one of Spectral Dragon's and DK's chats. That's rare, but it was handled.

Enjoy your new life. It won't be the same now, because you can't ignore reality.

Astralonaut
6th February 2006, 03:16 PM
Yes, the Bible warns about occult practices, but that's mainly in the Old Testament where it also warns of eating the wrong animals and demands a daily fire sacrifice :-) I've noticed that in fact the Bible is full of what might have been astral projections - not only the well known part about "the silver cord is severed", but also some visions in the Prophets Books, well, even the Resurrection might have been a projection including materialization (not wanting to offend any Christian who believes that Christ was resurrected in the flesh).

And not to forget the Wisdom Books where it says that you should explore and gain knowledge as much as you can.

Scorpyn
7th February 2006, 12:31 AM
Considering that you can meet angels, god, jesus etc when projecting I don't think it's really something we should be afraid of.

I have only read some minor parts of the bible so I can't tell what it says about these matters, but from what I've heard it seems to be contradicting itself in various places, and the search for the truth about life, the universe and everything shouldn't be stopped just because someone (might have) told you to not do it imo.

Where I live (Sweden), only very few still go to the church. While a strict religion may not be the right thing for many of us, it seems like we are still fairly interested in religious matters, only we don't necessarily follow the path someone else laid out for us 2000 years ago far away in a very different society. The ability to judge for yourself about right and wrong is more important in my opinion.

Unfortunately, this has made it possible for some "brain washing" type of religions to get a foothold, but I think more and more people are realizing what's wrong with those and stay away from them.

Regarding psychics and whether they are told lies - indeed, sometimes that happens. Even the most skilled psychic can never always be 100% correct. In some cases it might be daemons telling them lies, in other cases it may be the spirits of people telling them lies, and it might also be that they completely misunderstood what the message was.

I am not a psychic myself, but in most cases it should be possible to tell the good ones from the evil ones, but that may not always be possible and sooner or later you may make a mistake. It's like when dealing with people - some may lie, and it's not obvious that they do.

If satan is the father of all lies, then he sure has a good sexlife :P

Seriously though, not all lies are bad or intended to be bad, and not all truths that are told are good or told with an intention to do good. Things are not always black or white, there are many shades to pick from and then you have various colors aswell, and sometimes you can get a headache from the chemicals in the paint.