PDA

View Full Version : How does NEW work scientifically?

magic
8th November 2007, 10:53 PM
Recently started doing NEW again and I now feel much better in mood and how people around me feel and other small things, what is it exactly that causes this phenonemen scientifically?, has there been any study on this?. I haven´t seen Bruce talk about this or have I missed a chapter?

/Magic

CFTraveler
8th November 2007, 11:02 PM
IDK if there have been any scientifically based tests on NEW but I can extrapolate a scientifically known theory to NEW, and there's nothing woo-woo about it.
According to Dr Candace Pert, who is a neuro-something-ist (who discovered endorphins in the human body), when you put attention in any specific body part, the blood circulation increases (and according to her book Molecules of Emotion this has been studied in the lab and demonstrated to happen). So if you take this info at face value and extrapolate it into NEW as an attention-delivery system, then it would make sense as a circulation improving system.

Despite my mental meanderings, I think Robert would be the person to ask.

Jonathan2525
8th November 2007, 11:53 PM
Hello all,

CFTraveler, I have not read the stuff by Candace Pert but I have long considered this hypothesis as a possible explanation for the sensation felt during NEW. The body is full of sensations, like the circulation of the blood, but our nervous system has evolved to ignore these sensations, we block them out because they are unnecessary and distracting. When we start to focus on those parts of the body, and trying “sense” something there, then this blocking mechanism begins to give way. This would explain why the left side of the body is usually more responsive to “energy”; because the circulation of the blood is strongest on the left (hence the sensations will be stronger there). We also have to consider nerve clusters and the flow of nervous energy through out the body. There is a continuous flow of nervous energy flowing through all the nerves in the body, this too perhaps generates a sensation which we are not normally aware of; but that comes to the foreground when we focus on it.

magic, if you were asking if subtle energy is a scientifically acceptable explanation then the answer is no. Mainstream science makes no provision for this kind of phenomenon. I am sure however that there are some scientists that do believe in this and have developed theories for it, keep in mind that if you look for it you can find scientists that believe just about everything.

Korpo
9th November 2007, 09:03 AM
The left side is not always and in everyone more easily accessible. I think Robert observed that.

The observation is ages old - where the attention goes, the Qi goes. Where the Qi goes, the blood goes. Just observing the blood is like declaring the butt of the donkey the whole donkey just because we see it from behind. ;)

Bio-Electricity seems to play an important role. The human mind seems to be capable of creating electro-magnetic field effects, therefore increasing or reversing currents in the body. This seems how for example nerve and muscle activity can change. Just another aspect, but first the mind has to create the field, and the resulting current is just the donkey's butt again. :)

Looking deeper, just increasing the blood pressure or the current would beyond a certain point just do damage to tissue, or loosen dangerous material which could block finer structures (an emboly), etc. My experience is more like that the energy simply restores the original plan for a muscle, a tendon or whatever. A muscle/tendon pair elongates back to optimal length and equilibrium, a blood vessel gets elastic again, a organ starts to detox and rejuvenate.

This is beyond a mere chemical process, which would just increase the amount of X. Applied within certain parameters (not trying to overcontrol the process so that actually a bigger amount of X happens instead of what is needed really). I think this is testament of the body's overall intelligence, of the capability to restore the body according to a higher blueprint that pervades the body. This would then go beyond just blood and electricity, but to the level of DNA. Energy work becomes the recalibration of cell conglomerates according to their optimum parameters in a joined state, not so much in an individual state.

As for the bodies instinctual and reflex reactions, the emotions generated by the body are influenced and balanced first, as are the body's ailments and stresses. The glands get regulated, hormones and encymes go into equilibrium, and good circulation creates a healthy system.

Even when discussing this, it is just body-centric. Beyond all that energy work and meditation influence our mind and allow it to perceive and interact with energies beyond our physical restrictions and those of space-time. So looking for physical effects and describing that as "energy work" is really small thinking. Or in other words: It's multi-plane donkey beyond time and space, which's tail wagging we oerceive as healing our body. :)

Oliver

journyman161
9th November 2007, 11:19 AM
Or on the other hand there might be a 3rd option, described many years back.

From the emerald tablets...

In the physical are these channels, the blood which moves in vortical motion, reacting on the heart to continue its beating. Magnetism which moves through the nerve paths, carrier of energies to all cells and tissues. Akasa which flows through channels, subtle yet physical, completing the channels.
Each of the three attuned with each other, each affecting the life of the body. Form they the skeletal framework through which the subtle ether flows. In their mastery lies the Secret of Life in the body. Relinquished only by will of the adept, when his purpose in living is done.

magic
9th November 2007, 11:55 AM
That´s a really interesting theory Korpo, not sure I understand It all, but the Donkey explanation make it easier ;)
How did you come to this conclusion if I may ask, from personal experience, things you have read or just faith?

/magic

Chris_com28
11th November 2007, 02:49 PM
I don't think there's really much in way of scientific knowledge. There are a few small scale experiments but nothing replicated and tested to the extent that science is happy with. This also get pushed aside as it's believed to be BS, though I've had much success with it and other people who've tried it have so I don't think it can be ignored so readily.

When medication doesn't work and a "sugar pill" gives me more noticable results and energy work give me back what the medication took away I tend not to look to mainstream science for answers.

You might find these books usefull. The Field and a book by Valerie Hunt about auras.
http://www.reiki.org/Download/OschmanReprint2.pdf