PDA

View Full Version : Physical exercise with NEW work

Caelrie
11th November 2007, 06:05 AM
I looked and didn't see this answered anywhere. I found a similar title but it wasn't about what I thought it would be. So I figure I'll ask.

I'm just starting energy work, but I also exercise at the gym daily. Does rigorous exercise hamper energy work in any way? Should I be doing the energy stuff before exercising? After? Another part of the day? Or doesn't it even matter?

ButterflyWoman
11th November 2007, 06:24 AM
I actually find that exercise and energy work go hand in hand. I've been doing energy work for a few months now and I've found that it makes me enjoy physical exercise more. Sometimes I do both at the same time, actually (though it depends on the kind of exercise, of course).

journyman161
11th November 2007, 08:44 AM
I think it depends how you do the physical work. If you do it with attention to what is happening, rather than rote moving of muscles, then the physical IS energy work. Those you see in gyms watching TV or listening to MP3's on headphones are unlikely to be doing energy work as it is discussed here. AD is more about the Being doing things with the body, not simply the moving of muscles while the mind is elsewhere.

I'd say it would be of benefit to do the exercise while focussing on which part is moving, noticing the Ch'i movements & feeling the body parts in motion - this would be energy work.

Caelrie
11th November 2007, 09:02 AM
Thanks you two. :D

I don't think I've done nearly enough energy stuff (I just started yesterday) to even have any idea what my energy is doing while I exercise, but I'll give it a try.

journyman161
11th November 2007, 09:06 AM
At the physical exercise level, you don't really need to know about energy - like NEW, it's about where you put your attention. Being aware of what you are doing is the beginning. Being able to feel the flows that establish themselves as your body warms to the task is also part of it. Visualising or imagining doing each exercise in the smoothest, best way possible is another level of it.

Eventually you will feel the flows that happen as you do the work. As in the use of Ch'i, with practice you will be able to cause the flows to where you want them.

Korpo
11th November 2007, 10:02 AM
Hello, Caelrie.

Active energy work like NEW can also help you in the aftermath of sport, to relax and prevent sore muscles, bring up circulation a bit more and therefore feed your just-exercised muscles more oxygen.

When you get some skill at energy work you can also use it to treat minor (sports) injuries. I used it last week to extremely speed up healing of strained muscle/tendons and removing bruises. Where I used energy work the bruises quickly went from blue to dark to purple to gone - within two days at most. The place where I did not is still slowly fading, giving it at least 2-3 times the healing time, even if it had to benefit a bit, too.

Take good care,
Oliver

Caelrie
11th November 2007, 07:03 PM
Are you able to use that on others with any success? I've used the touch assist from Scientology on my boyfriend when he's had sports injuries with great effect. I didn't really understand why it worked, but now that I know about NEW I realize it was a very specific method of getting another person to direct his energy through an injury, without needing to direct any energy yourself. I like it when puzzle pieces fall into place like that. I finally understand why something I've been using for ten years works.

Naturally, after reading your post, I'm wondering if I can apply more principles from NEW to that touch assist to make it work even better.

Korpo
11th November 2007, 07:33 PM
I'm using a certain energetic technique that's similar to Robert's "NEW Etheric Wrap" as my main technique I now have been working on for nearly 1 1/2 years. Recently I began to use it on other people on touch and remote, doing various experiments in enhancing effectivity, and it worked. I have feedback from my wife that it worked both on touch and remote, so I think doing such stuff with NEW techniques should work, too. (By applying them on another person's aura with their permission)

Robert also wrote about healing, which can be removed by clearing your own body up with NEW and then using natural healing abilities with greater success on others. Robert has called his approach "Healing from the Heart" and describes it here on the site and in his book "Energy Work". Highly recommended if you want to learn more about NEW in detail - the on-site tutorials contain a lot of material and free! :D

Take good care,
Oliver

CFTraveler
11th November 2007, 08:06 PM
Are you able to use that on others with any success? I've used the touch assist from Scientology on my boyfriend when he's had sports injuries with great effect. I didn't really understand why it worked, but now that I know about NEW I realize it was a very specific method of getting another person to direct his energy through an injury, without needing to direct any energy yourself. I like it when puzzle pieces fall into place like that. I finally understand why something I've been using for ten years works.

Naturally, after reading your post, I'm wondering if I can apply more principles from NEW to that touch assist to make it work even better. Yes, Robert has a technique called "Healing through the Heart" that uses NEW as it's basic flow technique. It's in the website, and there's a link to it stickified in the Healing subforum.

Caelrie
11th November 2007, 08:10 PM
Thanks! I'll check those out.

Pneumaphor
12th November 2007, 09:38 PM
I've found that Hatha Yoga, the 'stretching' branch of yoga that is taught in almost every high school these days, combined with NEW and physical exercise to be a highly optimized program if all three can be practiced regularly. NEW and physical exercise increase the level of energy on tap. Adding a 45 minute, whole-body yoga routine to stretch all the muscles opens up the cardiovascular system and expands the energy pathways, effectively reorganizing the body/mind/spirit system on a higher level, IMO raising baseline abilities in most levels, not to mention sleeping like a baby!

In my past, a program like this has led to waking up feeling totally rested and enthusiastic the moment my eyes pop open, day after day! Considering that my youth was spent sleeping in and waking up groggy, which I didn't feel could be changed at the time, these effects have been very impressive to me, allowing me to wake up feeling even better than I did when I was on the high school cross country team! I'm talking about that first waking moment now, where what happened yesterday is most apparent.

But alas, life cannot be lived on a schedule and getting a program like this up and running (no pun intended) can be like climbing a mountain, but the summit is truly inspirational in my experience.

Love and Light,
Ron

Caelrie
12th November 2007, 10:45 PM
I've never tried yoga. I probably should, it's just one of those things that sits on the list of "maybe" and I haven't gotten around to.

Your statement about waking up groggy made me giggle. I was like that too until one day I realized I didn't have to be that way if I didn't want to. After deciding not to be groggy anymore, I found I could snap myself out of it whenever I wanted.

What made me come to that realization was the army. In my days as a soldier, I had to be out of bed and at 100% alertness in a split second. It didn't take long in that situation before the realization hit me that my level of awareness and physical state at any given time were my choice.

Since that day I've greatly expanded on that idea. Later I found I could completely negate the effects of a sugar rush or caffeine, or at the opposite end stimulate myself without chemicals. Sugar and caffeine ceased having any effect on me whatsoever after a while, as did blood sugar level.

ButterflyWoman
13th November 2007, 12:32 PM
I went for a swim the other day and while I was in the water, I was consciously moving energy in various parts of my body. It was pretty amazing, actually. Almost meditative.

Korpo
13th November 2007, 12:49 PM
I tried that, too, several times in the past and it had actually no effect on me. Can't say why, because I like swimming and water... :?:

Oliver

ButterflyWoman
13th November 2007, 01:06 PM
I tried that, too, several times in the past and it had actually no effect on me. Can't say why, because I like swimming and water... :?:

Well, I did find that there was some ... dampening or .... dilution, maybe, of the energy. What I had to do was move the energy very much internally, close to the bone, and it had to go in the direction that I was moving the arm or leg. I was also swimming very gently, not vigorously. If I'd tried to swim harder, I wouldn't have been able to do it, I don't think.

Korpo
13th November 2007, 01:31 PM
Sounds plausible. :D

Oliver

Caelrie
13th November 2007, 06:13 PM

Oliver
I love to swim. I'll have to try that when I'm better at NEW.