PDA

View Full Version : Pyrokinesis

12th November 2007, 08:07 PM
I've read a lot about this topic on other websites, and I know that this forum doesn't really have much to do with pyro, but, on most forums people are saying that pyro doesn't exist, or something similar.

Anyway, I'm a beginner, I've only just started trying dancing flame, and I can move the flame slightly to one side (and I mean only slightly). Anyone got any helpful tips for me? Since I'm not really all that sure how I'm meant to move the flame :)

CFTraveler
12th November 2007, 08:52 PM
When younger I used to be able to move smoke, but I've never tried to move fire. Is your intention to learn to move it, or to completely control it?

12th November 2007, 09:39 PM
In the end, I'd like to learn to control it, although at the moment I'm happy to just learn to move it

journyman161
12th November 2007, 09:44 PM
I'd suggest you begin by learning to deal with energy within you, using NEW. Then move on to some of the exercises with psi-balls & you may find the ability to move & create your own energy in & outside your body will translate across to flame.

Have you purchased your fire extinguisher yet? I'm serious! Fire is a lovely thing to use but if control falters in the slightest you can kill - yourself or others. if you're going to do this ALWAYS have the extinguisher closely available.

13th November 2007, 06:53 PM
Ok, thanks, I'll start practising NEW then.

As for the fire extinguisher, I'll keep a bucket of water with me for now, whilst I convince my grandparents to buy me one

Thoughtbreach
14th November 2007, 02:22 AM
Also remember that psychokinesis is psychokinesis. Giving different objects different labels is usually given by little 14 year olds, no offense.

Example 1, if you can bend a spoon without pushing your going to move and or extinguish a flame, if you can extinguish a flame you going to have success bending a spoon. Why? Because it's all the same chi(energy) manipulation, has nothing to do with defining via the object.

For example 2, I can move a flame till it is almost out (at this stage), yet i am not a "pyrokinetic". I can bend spoon to a degree, yet i am not a "spoon bender". I can manipulate objects using their own energy...-all of the above, this is purely PK or TK, it would be wise to learn this, as it *will* limit you.

Moses parted the sea? "Oh he is a hydrokinetic", totally incompetent... When the kiddies start naming "Sexakinesis" I think it will be time for me to do something insane to myself out of embarrassment of this planet. lol.

CFTraveler
14th November 2007, 04:29 PM
Also remember that psychokinesis is psychokinesis. Giving different objects different labels is usually given by little 14 year olds, no offense. If no offense is intended, then don't write it in an offensive manner. Please try to rewrite this post or it will be deleted.
Admin.

Thoughtbreach
15th November 2007, 08:58 AM
Yes, these labels are more enjoyed by the extremely young.
If people are asking for advice we can assume they want the best true advice to help.

The forum often 1 sided and bias in explanation. It appears we are expected to explain why we disagree with a view, yet we are are not expected to explain why we agree with a view?? E.g. Reasons why a book is good. Reasons why we must think it terms of pyrokinesis etc.

Kisses ti you

Beekeeper
15th November 2007, 09:09 AM
The forum often 1 sided and bias in explanation. It appears we are expected to explain why we disagree with a view, yet we are are not expected to explain why we agree with a view?? E.g. Reasons why a book is good. Reasons why we must think it terms of pyrokinesis etc.

Kisses ti you

You miss the point. It's not what you said but how you said it. We're trying to create a place where people feel comfortable asking questions and do so freely.

I hope the kisses were sincere.

15th November 2007, 07:04 PM
Also remember that psychokinesis is psychokinesis. Giving different objects different labels is usually given by little 14 year olds, no offense.

how do you know I'm not 14? :) I'm actually only a little over 14, but still...

anyway, in my opinion, I think that pyrokinesis could be a branch of psychokinesis, an example would be:

in primary school we all learn maths for example, same in secondary school, we learn all the basics and stuff, then at college you can continue doing one small part of that, like algebra, but you are still able to some parts of other branches of maths.

so, I think pyrokinesis is just a small branch of psychokinesis that you can try to perfect and such. Well, that's just my opinion anyway

journyman161
15th November 2007, 07:26 PM
Yes, these labels are more enjoyed by the extremely young. From the perspective of one who has many years on the clock, I think labelling is something done more by the older person. It comes as values & limits are defined & the personality becomes more resistant to change - that's when there's a tendency to make labels & make them stick.

The problem isn't labels per se, it's seeing only the label & failing to discern the individuality underneath it.

But sometimes labels are meaningful - we have running, but within running there is jogging, sprinting & long distance, all requiring different skill sets & training methods. Linked but separate.

And as Beekeeper said, it's the tone of the post more than content that brought the reaction from Admin. It didn't sound like you were agreeing with Avatar.

Tom
15th November 2007, 07:42 PM
Getting back to the subject, when we are talking about controlling fire do you really know what fire actually is or is it just an abstract concept? The flame of a candle is a complex mixture of chemicals - solids, liquids, and gases, which are heated to the point where they glow. It is for the most part a moving stream of hot air. It is easier to shift the movement of something that is already moving, because the inertia of a stationary object is less than the intertia of one already in motion. Unless your purpose is to generate an actual fire, this is really just a form of telekinesis.

journyman161
15th November 2007, 07:50 PM
On a step further down, only gases burn. Look closely at a flame & you will see a gap between the fuel & the flame - the fuel is heated to the point molecules sublime off the fuel & they burn.

The problem is, unless things have changed in the past decade or so, flame is not fully understood. Back when I last read about it, nobody was quite sure just why the flame effect happens. A bit like electricity, we know all kinds of ways to use it but what it actually is remins shrouded.

chips
16th November 2007, 05:45 AM
like tom said, moving a flame with your mind would be catagorized as telekinesis, and not pyrokinesis. pyrokinesis is the ability to heat-up objects (and other things) with ur mind.