PDA

View Full Version : electro stim for brainwaive entrainment

TalkingHead
13th November 2007, 07:34 AM
I recently purchased a neurotrek device that uses direct electrical stimulation to put you in a particular pattern. Its QUITE powerful, and practically puts binaural beats to shame.

It's supposed to be good for the brain because it uses microcurrent that mirrors the brains own waves.

If anyone can find evidence to the contrary I'd be very interested.. but right now I'm looking forward to having someone increase the frequency on the device while I'm already sleeping(lucid dreaming!).. alas it does only have manual control.

On that note.. does anyone know of any binaural programs where the frequency moves from say delta to alpha over the course of a few hours? Sbaagen does not seem to have that.

CFTraveler
13th November 2007, 01:51 PM
Didn't you post almost the same thing in another thread? If you did, please don't post multiple posts of the same thing.
I believe "Power nap" from the Monroe Institute takes you through a variety of frequencies in a shorter amount of time than it would take you through a whole night's sleep cycle.

Deadliner
17th November 2007, 05:35 PM
I guess that what you need is some sort of bio-feedback, which will monitor your brainwave activity and/or eye movement and determine when you're sleeping, so to enhance the effect.

What kind of device is this you're using, can you link to it on the Net?

TalkingHead
24th November 2007, 06:38 PM
Sure.. here's the link to the device although I'm not sure if I have enough posts for it to remain. And CFT; I did post a related question in the Ask Robert Bruce section but then I thought it would be better to put it in the section it directly pertains to..

The link: http://www.wellnesstools.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=WS&Product_Code=NDP&Category_Code=

Deadliner
25th November 2007, 01:10 AM
Sure.. here's the link to the device although I'm not sure if I have enough posts for it to remain. And CFT; I did post a related question in the Ask Robert Bruce section but then I thought it would be better to put it in the section it directly pertains to..

The link: http://www.wellnesstools.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=WS&Product_Code=NDP&Category_Code=

Well after reading the product info, I guess there's no option of biofeedback on this machine. But what I didn't really like was this:

**NOTE:This unit is for researchers and educated consumers only. The unit and literature have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration in the US. This product is not intended to cure or treat any disease. Government health departments and medical associations state that you must consult a medical doctor for treatment of all diseases. Individual results may vary.**

Not to mention the extremely high price! At least I hope it does have an effect on you. Have you achieved anything extraordinary by using this machine?

CFTraveler
25th November 2007, 02:52 AM
I'm only leaving it on this once, but TH, please make sure you have 20 posts before posting any more.

al.luciddreamer
25th November 2007, 06:31 AM
It's a little odd that in the list of scientific papers they refer to on their website that the newest article is from ten years ago, and some of the older articles are almost 40 years old. You'd think there would be some more recent research on this.

TalkingHead
29th November 2007, 09:09 AM
deadliner: what would the option of biofeedback involve? It does come with body pads and is powerful enough that I can feel the stimulation though these.

Its definitely extremely powerful when used attached to my ears. If I keep the stimulation at a low level in delta I will fall asleep quickly.

I'm still within the warranty period so I could return it.. but so far I like it!

AstroBoy
21st January 2008, 08:00 PM
:shock: a bit to pricy....besides you shouldn't relay in no special equipment to astral project, because the subconcious mind will see it as if you depend on that equipment to astral project, making it harder for you to project only using basic methods

Neil Templar
21st January 2008, 08:59 PM
:shock: a bit to pricy....besides you shouldn't relay in no special equipment to astral project, because the subconcious mind will see it as if you depend on that equipment to astral project, making it harder for you to project only using basic methods

I was worried about that,but i've been informed(by CF i think) that using equipment like this helps your mind become more used to these states,so that reaching them without the equipment becomes an easier thing to do.

CFTraveler
21st January 2008, 10:32 PM

I was worried about that,but i've been informed(by CF i think) that using equipment like this helps your mind become more used to these states,so that reaching them without the equipment becomes an easier thing to do. Not only was it not me, I have said before that I would never put electrodes in my head to induce anything , as I consider it possibly dangerous and would not recommend it.
If I was talking about brainwave entrainment products, I was talking about binaural beats (using sound waves) and NOT electrostimulation.

Neil Templar
21st January 2008, 11:54 PM
hey,my bad.
that's what i was refering to.Sorry CF,i wasn't talking specifically about this product,just artificial stimuli in general.
:oops:

CFTraveler
22nd January 2008, 02:50 AM
I'm just sayin'.

ButterflyWoman
22nd January 2008, 03:16 AM
I'm just sayin'.

And everyone knows if you're just sayin', then that's okay.

:)

maynoth
5th August 2008, 03:24 PM
very interested in buying a neurotrek does anyone else here have one for sale?

Also can anyone confirm that at 0.07hz it induces a high type feeling?