PDA

View Full Version : Some Techniques

JoSac
18th November 2007, 05:39 AM
I know there is proably a list of them but i read CTFtraveler post about the waterskiing one and that seems pretty good (ill try it tomorrow)

What are some other ones you guys find pretty affective?

Also when i just meditate i seem to go into a trance (i think) i get the symptoms but im not sure. Can meditation cause a trance?

Beekeeper
18th November 2007, 05:54 AM
Meditation can cause trance and many people use the terms interchangeably.

RB mentions the following methods in Mastering Astral Projection:
Rope cargo net method
Balloon Method
Steam engine technique
Big wheel technique
Steam method
Rocket method
Roll-out method
Boomerang method
Walking and falling method
Driving method
Bouncing ball method
Floating Turn exit technique
Corner-Fingering method

So, tell me which one sounds appealing and I'll describe it for you. :D

JoSac
18th November 2007, 04:15 PM
Well the balloon method sounds good.

But what is one you would perfer and think easiest. Im working on the rope mothod and i ot vibratios once but i cant seem to get them again.

CFTraveler
18th November 2007, 05:10 PM
I'll add a few more:
Yo-yo method
Swing method
Hand-gliding method
snow skiing method
Surfing (catching a wave part) method
falling from an airplane
Doing a pushup (all the way up)
Situp (simple yet often ignored)

Note: These are exit techniques, not trance techniques. Trance techniques are (or should be) 'relaxing' while these can be abrupt.

JoSac
18th November 2007, 05:16 PM
O i know these are seperate from trance methods but the sit up thing sounds really good. Have you or anyone else had sucess with it?

CFTraveler
18th November 2007, 05:17 PM
It's what I do when all else fails.

JoSac
18th November 2007, 10:13 PM
I just got done trying to project but i couldnt so i just meditated and i have a couple of questions.

Is is possible for a begginner to not really use a method just kinda work your way out. I made it seem like i was just floating up and i was getting presure but nothing happend.

And i was trying to do some energy work and it was feeling like my hands were going numb but they werent. I also noticed my 2 middle fingers seemed to just move together and touch. Is this a sign of stimulating energy?

CFTraveler
18th November 2007, 10:20 PM
I just got done trying to project but i couldnt so i just meditated and i have a couple of questions.

Is is possible for a begginner to not really use a method just kinda work your way out. I made it seem like i was just floating up and i was getting presure but nothing happend. Of course. That's how spontaneous projections happen. If you feel like you're floating already you've already projected. In this case try to go with the feeling, don't redirect energy to your body, because you'll just go back in. If, however, it's just a mild floaty feeling, then try energy loosening methods, not direct ework.

And i was trying to do some energy work and it was feeling like my hands were going numb but they werent. I also noticed my 2 middle fingers seemed to just move together and touch. Is this a sign of stimulating energy? This is a sign of your energy body being disassociated (or disassociating) with your physical body. If you were able to move your physical body then some trance work is in order to make sure your physical body is 'out'. Numbness is a sign of impending trance, btw.

Peaceful_Philosopher
7th April 2008, 04:35 AM
Alright, I see all these methods lsited and I'd like to know what these two mean:
Pushup, Big wheel, and Situp.
My question is, when should I do any of these, and other techniques? Should I do them right when I relax and I'm still in beta, or do I have to relax more and go into alfa? My problem is that I havn't even made it to alfa yet!! :x I mean I never went there and stayed there.. I can't even meditate even known I've been practicing some techniques for meditation for some years...

Here are some things I experienced while doing some different techniques for AP, in Beta:
I felt that my left arm was lightly covered with warmth, or somewhat the same temperature as my arm, and like my fingers were slightly touching eachother OR they were VERY SLIGHTLY moving on their own.
Also, when I tried falling asleep one night, I woke up to a sound which I can't really explain; kinda like a finger snapping sound, but I know that it was not in my room, I mean it was not physical. Could this mean that I was in trance without noticing it, and the sound was astral but it woke me up??

CFTraveler
7th April 2008, 03:24 PM
Alright, I see all these methods lsited and I'd like to know what these two mean:
Pushup, Big wheel, and Situp.
Pushup- If you are loose, turn around and do a pushup. You should then float up to the ceiling.
Big Wheel- Imagine there is a wheel in front of you with a handle on the side. You are turning the wheel and as you turn it up and towards the front it pulls you up and to the front. Keep doing that and it can pull you out.
Sit up is as simple as it sounds, but it works better on a recliner. You're feeling some sort of 'dislocation' but are not sure if you're in full-on trance? Felt exit sensations but other nonphysical exit techniques have not worked? Just get up from it. If you really get up, you weren't in trance in the first place. If you float up, you just separated. In that case, keep going and don't look back.

My question is, when should I do any of these, and other techniques? Should I do them right when I relax and I'm still in beta, or do I have to relax more and go into alfa? My problem is that I havn't even made it to alfa yet!! :x I mean I never went there and stayed there.. I can't even meditate even known I've been practicing some techniques for meditation for some years... Don't do exit techniques until you are receiving cues that you're in full-on trance (I suppose it's alpha, I don't remember) and the cues could be: If you have vibrations, wait until you can control them or see them. (Yes, I said see). You're point of view isn't fully on, or you have astral sight. And if you have hypnagogics, slow them down. If you can do all these you're in trance.

Here are some things I experienced while doing some different techniques for AP, in Beta:
I felt that my left arm was lightly covered with warmth, or somewhat the same temperature as my arm, and like my fingers were slightly touching eachother OR they were VERY SLIGHTLY moving on their own. This seems like the beginning of trance, but it doesn't always mean you're ready to separate. There seems to be a range of readiness from this point on, and it really depends on the person.

Also, when I tried falling asleep one night, I woke up to a sound which I can't really explain; kinda like a finger snapping sound, but I know that it was not in my room, I mean it was not physical. Could this mean that I was in trance without noticing it, and the sound was astral but it woke me up?? Yes, and it's fairly typical. This can also happen while you're going into it, and often startles people.

Peaceful_Philosopher
8th April 2008, 12:58 AM
Thanks for all your answers.
The thing that really sucks, is that I can't even reach alfa, nor trance, and I've never felt anything that is said here on the forums, none of these vibrations, nor sensations. I have been very angry many times because I could never even meditate, and I'm looking for ways that help me with going into deep meditation and trance and stuff. I'd say that I'm a beginner, but then again; I've been doing a meditation technique for about 8 years now and nothing ever works. I even punched some walls once because I was so angry. I let go though, I'm not so angry at it anymore, but I still feel like crap when I hear about everyone's success of reaching trance or feeling anything, and leaving the body? That's something that's just a dream for me now.
I just really need a very clear, logical, and easy technique to try out because nothing has worked, or maybe I'm too impatient.
Can you please let me know if you know of easy techniques that take me all the way from eyes closing, to getting vibrations?

Peaceful_Philosopher
8th April 2008, 01:00 AM
How do I know if I have Astral Sight???
How do I know if I'm in Alfa???

CFTraveler
8th April 2008, 02:07 AM
How do I know if I have Astral Sight??? If you can see through your eyelids with your eyes closed, you have astral sight. However, this is not as common as it sounds, and it doesn't happen as often as you'd think.

How do I know if I'm in Alfa??? You don't. The only way to know you're in the beginning of trance is if you're having hypnagogics or if you're having symptoms as previously described.
Other than having an eeg strapped to your head there's no way to know.

It's apparent to me that if you're getting upset enough to punch the wall then maybe you should just concentrate on relaxation with no expectation of anything happening. Tough, but if you don't let go of expectations you'll tense yourself enough to make sure nothing happens.

sleeper
8th April 2008, 03:00 AM
What meditation technique have you been doing?

Peaceful_Philosopher
8th April 2008, 04:47 AM
Me punching the wall because of this was a LOOONG time ago, I'm not so upset anymore, I realised that I need to calm down about this.

I've been doing a technique that my father taught me, which he used to learn meditation, and now he can snap into alfa, and start meditating in about 2 or 3 seconds, even with his eyes open, it's insane.
The technique is as follows:

For a whole week, every night, before falling asleep, in complete quiet, with your eyes closed, start counting from a 100 all the way to 0, and then if you can, try visualizing or imagining that you are in the body of any animal, or that you're flying and going through walls. This has to be done for a week, every night.
The next week, you do the exact same thing, but this time you count back from 50 instead of a 100.
Next week, the same but from 25 instead of 50.
Next week is from 10.
The last week is from 5 to 0, and that last week, when you get to zero, tell yourself something like, "By each day, I feel better and better."
I've been doing this strictly for learning meditation, I never even dreamed of Astral Projection untill I saw a book on the internet, written in Hungarian (my first language, but I speak it like I speak English.) and so it all led to this because of all the research and effort I put into finding out how it's possible to do Astral Projection.
I just really wish someone would inform me about a pattern of techniques that take me from beta, to alfa, then to theta, (theta = trance, just incase lol), and then I know the rest from there... I read MAP part 2 in Hungarian, but I got a little confused, and I'm not exactly sure if that stuff would even work for me...