PDA

View Full Version : Opening the Third Eye

oath
4th November 2005, 08:28 PM
"Opening the Third Eye

This exercise is done with a specific tone and chant. You need to do this exercise for 4 days in a row.
Regular meditation on the third eye should folllow to completely open it up and establish an energy uptake. This exercise only gets it going. Further work is needed and must be consistent to reap maximum results.

The mantra to be used is "Th" - T-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H as in the word "the." Use whichever one you can feel best vibrating in the center of your forehead. The chant is of the "Dagr" Rune and "tha" is also the Sanskrit word for "moon energy" and the ruler of the 6th chakra and third eye is the moon. Try to get it to the correct vibration where you can feel it in your forehead. This can take some experimenting. Just do the best you can. You may have to try as many as ten to fifteen times or more to get it right.

1. Sit with your back straight. 2. Place your hands in the position as shown in the photo. Your for people who are right handed, your right hand should make a fist around your left index finger; for people who are left-handed, your left hand should make a fist around your right index finger. The thumbnail should press on the side of the finger as shown, at the spot where the cuticle ends. When you feel a very faint electrical shock, you will know you have the correct spot. Don't get discouraged if you cannot find it. It should be apparent in those who have naturally stronger auras. What this does is redirect the flow of energy to the third eye.

This mudra can be used at any time during regular meditation on the third eye. Keep this position throughout the meditation.

3. Breathe in through your nose and hold your breath as long as is comfortable- open your jaws so there is a small space between your top and bottom teeth, place the tip of your tongue between the space of your slightly parted teeth to make the English "TH" sound. 4. Once your tongue is in position, release your breath slowly through your mouth saying T-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H in one long exhale (vibrate the sound one time per exhale, as with the Yogic "humming breath") Your tongue will be vibrating between your teeth. It may take a few seconds to adjust this to where you feel it in the middle of your forehead (3rd eye), don't worry, just keep on going.

4. Do the above 4 times in a row and then relax.

5. It is very important the above exercise be done for FOUR consecutive days, preferably 24 hours apart. Then it is a done deal and you will have performed the initial step of opening and activating your third eye.

6. After you are finished, it is important to meditate on your third eye to get the energy flowing. This way it will fully open.
Just close your eyes and "look" at the 3rd eye in the middle of your forehead. It is important to relax and not to strain your eye muscles, even though your eyes are closed. At first, there is usually just blackness depending on how active your 3rd eye is, then possibly swirling colors and shapes like a kaleidoscope. Like scrying into a mirror, the colors and shapes will give way to images when you do the meditation long enough and regularly. Remember to keep your gaze soft and relaxed. Feeling pressure here or a knot is normal after the above exercise is completed. This usually diminishes in time.

WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:

1. One of the first experiences is a headache or pressure in the center of the forehead. This sensation may also feel like it is originating from within, usually an inch or more beneath the surface of the forehead as it afffects the sixth chakra. This is a positive indication the pineal gland is awakening and beginning to function in a healthy manner.

You may also find you can feel this ache or pressure whenever you focus your attention on your third eye or meditate on your third eye. This is perfectly normal and eases with time.
*Some people can experience a migrane lasting several hours. The severity of the side effects will depend on how atrophied your pineal gland is to begin with."
__________________________________________________ ___________

What does everyone think of this? It was taken from http://www.666blacksun.com/OpeningChakras.html I dont really like the feeling I get when I go to this site at all but I found the technique sufficient.

On the fourth day and after I had done the technique all four times 24 hours apart I slept and had something like a dream. There was a man or a being like a man speaking to me. I couldnt really make him out, it was almost like a shadow but it seemed like a white shadow and not a dark one. He was telling me something, I dont remember what only that he was helping me to understand something. I was getting a powerful sensation in my ajna (third eye) that reminded me of projecting. Like a highly concentrated amount of energy projecting out of my third eye. Perhaps this is just related to my conscience moving into my third eye?

Planet_Jeroen
4th November 2005, 09:07 PM
All I can comment on is the site logo and the mantra used, and both are just my own impression. But since you asked for comment:

Site Logo: They didn't just build it that way artisticly. It is a correct inversion of the positive type. Not that that means bad, but the difference between yin vs. yang type of inversion. If that, including the site domain dame and the copyright info are just a joke then I find it a strange way to joke about the subject.

Mantra('s): They feel not 'pleasant' (to me), while other's I've heard and practised do. I'm not a guide in any way here, but I prefer ones that 'feel' well.

Regards,

Jeroen

Akashic_Librarian
4th November 2005, 09:08 PM
A bit too steeped in "Occult/satanistic" worship for me but none the less useful. However the dream may have been coincidence, autosuggestion is ripe within those kind of sites, (not trying to dampen your sucess) As for the "White" shadow that you saw maybe you had projected and where in an cosmic conversation (:-)) with a higher spirit (angel or demon maybe)
But having said all that good on ya mate i aint got even close to what you have said happened to you!

oath
4th November 2005, 09:59 PM
I spoke to a couple friends on the mantra (th) and asked them if it was bad. They told me some bad some good. They also said there was another mantra that was more "pure" and it is su as in how you say soup. I kept with the th mantra becuase I felt that experiencing that bad would be more beneficial.

CFTraveler
4th November 2005, 10:19 PM
Just looking at that site gave me the creeps. I hope I don't get nightmares tonight. :cry:

sash
5th November 2005, 03:23 AM
Just stick to AUM

:D

Peace
Sasha

Quantitativefool
5th November 2005, 03:40 AM
Just seems too ritualistic for me. not that it's not effective, just alot of excess stuff and belief that isn't really necessary. Not to say it might not work better with it, I just find some stuff un necessary.

-Stu

oath
5th November 2005, 05:41 AM
Just seems too ritualistic for me. not that it's not effective, just alot of excess stuff and belief that isn't really necessary. Not to say it might not work better with it, I just find some stuff un necessary.

-Stu

I have a habit of putting my own spin on things. For this all I did was use the mantra (th) in one breath like it says. And when I used all the air in my lungs to say it I then concentrated on putting all of my awareness into my third eye. I did see things but they were dark. Probably took me ten minutes each of the 4 nites.

Akashic_Librarian
5th November 2005, 02:49 PM
I have no doubt that the site "Content" is good but the overall "Feel" is horrible and ghastly

Amur
5th November 2005, 03:16 PM
If you wish to awaken all the energy centres I really recommend getting the book Kundalini Tantra by Swami Satyananda Saraswati... It contains techniques to awaken all energy centres as well as how to awaken the kundalini force... As far as I have tested they have been very powerful techniques... (Whenever a centre has awakened my consciousness has been overflooded with euphoria so intense that I almost burst :) )...

It requires daily practice to achieve great effects.. The effects are of a divine-like quality...