PDA

View Full Version : Feeling of getting big

planet
19th November 2007, 05:24 PM
I was contemplateing and all of a sudden I felt like I was getting Big and thick, all of a sudden I had a feeling of familiararity as a lack of a better word.I couldnt do any thing except bath in that wonderful familiar feeling.Can you tell me what this was? I want to do it again, but so far I havent ben able to.I think it has made me feel like nothing is as it used to be.I feel bored,Like life is lacking something! I have had other out of body type experiences,but they werent ANYTHING like this!

G'day!

The experience of swelling and growing huge is a fairly well known symptom of spiritual development. You may feel yourself swelling up and filling the room, or the universe, or you may feel yourself shrinking down to a tiny point and the room around you feels huge. The macrocosm and the microcosm....

I am not sure what this means exactly, but many people have this during the early days of learning meditation and etc. I had it myself many years ago. It usually only happens a couple of times, and then stops.

Robert Bruce

This used to happen to me when I was a kid, most of the time while I was sleeping (semi-trance state probably).

That feeling of getting bigger and smaller (in dreams also) is caused by a chakra located at the chest area (heart chakra?). If you concentrate on your cheast while experiencing that feling you will probably notice that is the expanding energy from your chest the one responsible for that kind of sensations.

Actually that energy feeling is like a magnetic field (created by opposite poles) coming out the chest that can be accompanied by a stirring movement.