PDA

View Full Version : Awarness point

JoSac
19th November 2007, 10:46 PM
I have 2 questions.

One is i cant seem to project so i decided to work on my energy using the New system. This is basically what its for right and will help me?

Also about the point of awarness. To me it seems like a point in my mind that i can just move all around my body like a little dot. But i can do it so quick if i want to idk if im doing the right thing. Any help explaining this?

Thanks, JS

CFTraveler
19th November 2007, 11:51 PM
I have 2 questions.

One is i cant seem to project so i decided to work on my energy using the New system. This is basically what its for right and will help me? Energy work is for strenghthening your energy body, giving you control over it (the most important IMO) and increasing your awareness of it. All of these are helpful for projection.

Also about the point of awarness. To me it seems like a point in my mind that i can just move all around my body like a little dot. But i can do it so quick if i want to idk if im doing the right thing. Any help explaining this?

Thanks, JS A point of awareness is basically knowing where any part of your body is without looking. It's feeling it, and feeling the body part as you move your awareness through it.

JoSac
20th November 2007, 12:05 AM
Ya i actually just got the feel for it in the time you replied. And what does IMO mean i see it a lot.

CFTraveler
20th November 2007, 12:40 AM
IMO=In my opinion
IMHO=In my humble opinion
IMNSHO=In my not so humble opinion

Caelrie
20th November 2007, 01:05 AM
This reminds me of a question I wanted to ask about NEW. Is it REALLY that important to use awareness hands? Or is that just a tool to make it easier for some?

I ask because points-of-awareness seem to work better for me. I get more sensation out it that way, and I find I can split it 4 or even 8 ways and still comfortably maintain the points of awareness doing the energy work. But using awareness hands, I feel limited.

Will it hurt my progress later if I just forgo using them?

JoSac
20th November 2007, 01:08 AM
From what i know you only use your awarness hands for like pulling energy through your legsand stuff. the sponge techniques. correct me if im wrong.

CFTraveler
20th November 2007, 01:18 AM
You use whatever works for you. Sometimes I imagine someone else painting my legs with paintbrushes, but I can see how that would make some people uncomfortable. I do use them for opening up my bagels (I mean chakras, lol.) :lol:

Neil Templar
20th November 2007, 10:32 PM
i found that focusing on awareness hands helped alot with developing astral sight..i think the fact that your hands are one of the things you look at most in your day to day life,make them an easy thing to visualise,and become aware of.
yeah?

but whatever works for you,is what works for you. :)

CFTraveler
20th November 2007, 10:37 PM
I used to meditate in the car line at school (now the schedule is different, so I don't have to sit there for long periods of time) and I developed astral sight for my feet. I could see them sometimes with my eyes closed- I guess it was the position I was in. Now, no car line, no astral feet.

Jake
21st November 2007, 12:33 AM
I find I can split it 4 or even 8 ways and still comfortably maintain the points of awareness doing the energy work. But using awareness hands, I feel limited.

definately go with that... keep an open mind to different 'energy body teqniques'... but the idea is to get that energy flowing... i know it sounds like cliche,,, but,,, gotta do what works for you... and that may take some experimenting... i find that 'feeling' my whole body at once, is actually quite easy... multiple points of awareness is too... 'sponging' i do not do... i get a 'lock' on a point of my body, and then i 'energize' and move on... i energize a bunch of single 'points' along my arm (for example) and by the time i am done, energy is rushing along on its own...

Try to think of the energy as already there... and all you have to do is 'feel' it... kinda 'reach out' for it...

this all comes much easier when in deeper levels of trance/meditation...
do not give up... this is REAL...

once you get that 'whole body curcuit' flowing,,, WHOO.... hang on for the ride!!!

Korpo
21st November 2007, 09:23 AM
To throw in my two cents...

Whatever feels right for you to work with the energy is best.

Awareness hands can be a wonderful tool, but IIRC Robert uses them predominantly in earlier versions of NEW and the tutorial, but in MAP and "Energy Work" he introduces more and more different ways to do it.

I visualised a sponge in a hollow glass body to do my initial NEW cleaning. That worked really well.

One day I got the idea to visualise a laser pointer red dot on a anatomic map in my mind for fine-tuning, and that worked well, too.

Then I moved point(s) of awareness, just small dots, in my body, and that worked well.

These days I either feel full blocks, limbs, pieces of my body, move my whole awareness or stretch it into that point, touch upon a point, wrap a point, move an awareness point through it, apply my awareness on both sides of a block and let energy run in between, expand and shrink the awareness point, make my awareness more foggy and let it sink in, or focus it and let it feel contours...

There are really many, many ways to do these things. I mean, I even don't do all what Robert uses in visualisations and thought forms, like he describes in "Energy Work". I think a lot of people can benefit from that, too. It strongly depends on your mental disposition and preferences - how you can get to the desired effects and convince your own mind of doing the intended thing with the energy.

I think NEW with points of awareness is just as powerful as with awareness hands. Whatever suits you and makes your mind feel comfortable. I think the desccription of the "NEW Energy Bounce" in MAP is with points of awareness, as are the awareness splits, but I'm not fully sure. It should work and produce similar effects if not the same.

I think experimentation and playfullness belong into energy work to make it a fun thing and experience to connect to your own energy. If it just feels like a chore or if you think you want to do it one way just because it was written at some point, overriding your intuition of how to do it, then you are not getting optimal results. Just IMNSHO of course. :lol:

Take good care,
Oliver

Caelrie
21st November 2007, 09:37 AM
Cool, thanks for the advice, guys.