PDA

View Full Version : The 'empty physical body mind' ...

Quantum Mirage
20th November 2007, 09:00 AM
In your recent Dreamland interview, you say that previous to your work in 1999 it was assumed by other researchers that the physical-body mind was left empty during an astral projection. This is incorrect.

In the book, Out of the Body Experiences, (Celia Green, director of the institute of psychophysical research, Oxford, England, 1968), a few of the case-studies had people having OBE's even while doing things like riding motorbikes !

These 1968 examples are the earliest i know of, but i'm sure if we dug around we would find even earlier ones as this isn't exactly a new field.

Regards,

Quantum Mirage

CFTraveler
20th November 2007, 01:37 PM
Dear Quantum Mirage:
The 'empty body' model was the most popular model prior to both Robert Bruce's and Robert Monroe's work. Undoubtedly, being an incorrect model, it was shown not to be the case, however the majority of the established dogma concerning OBE assumed this to be the case.
In fact even today, some modern-day researchers see what Robert does as 'different' as 'old-style' traditional' OBE which they still say leaves the body empty, even though we know this not to be the case.

For example: http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=6764

Quantum Mirage
20th November 2007, 11:38 PM
Thanks for 'clearing that up' for me ...

Robert Bruce
1st October 2008, 06:27 AM
G'day,

While the evidence was everywhere for those with the eyes to notice, no one had defined the mind split beforehand.

Many people today, including authors on obe, still dont' agree with the mind split.

This is something you often have to experience in order to grasp.

Robert

Korpo
16th October 2008, 08:58 AM
I personally am very glad that Robert wrote about the mind split. I experienced it in minor ways and am glad I was prepared to understand it.

Many of the phenomena associated with projecting I only read about afterwards in Robert's books. I started trying to project with Monroe tapes, so I did not actually know what was happening to me. I find it a very solid validation of his work that I actually read his lucid explanations for what was going on after I had the experiences, not before.

Oliver