PDA

View Full Version : I want to get back into energy work.

akashic610
22nd November 2007, 09:18 PM
I have been on a quest to find myself for several years now. I'm only 20 years old so of course I still have much to learn. I have always known that things such as meditation and energy work were great assets to someone looking to fully realize their Oneness with God. Therefore I have always pursued these things. However I have never been able to stick with it. I'll always begin to do energy work or meditate, and I won't stick with it. I end up stopping, and returning to my old usual habits. I never stick with it long enough to see considerable results. Part of this is because of my desire to see immediate significant results. I have been away from these practices for awhile now. But recently, I have been reconditioning my mind to realize my Oneness with God by affirming Universal Truths. These truths are being subjectified so that they will have effect on my physical life. I have only been doing this for a week or so, but it has now spun me back into my interest of meditation and energy work. The first days of practicing such things are the hardest for me though because I know that I am so far away from having any sort of energetic development. This is discouraging, and is the reason why I desire to see immediate significant results. However I am fully willing to pursue these practices for as long as I have to, which is the amount of time I have here on this physical plane. Any suggestions?

Korpo
23rd November 2007, 09:23 AM
Hello, akashic610.

Well, what can I say? :)

Immediate significant results might happen, but they usually don't. In almost any endeavour. That's part of our learning experience - that things require effort and persistence. At least for the beginning until you get the hang of things.

The beginning is often the hardest - overcoming inertia and picking up speed in another direction requires more energy than just to keep going. Over time results accumulate and become significant while resistance lessens.

Try to find out why you feel so strong resistance - this technique can be helpful:

http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=10302

Take good care,
Oliver

akashic610
23rd November 2007, 09:19 PM
Thank you for the response, Oliver. I don't really feel a strong resistance, after all I do have great interest in these things. But usual habits and thought patterns seem to like to maintain their stance.

I think I'm just going to meditate for a while to get a good foundation going. Just a simple meditation on my breath going in and out of my nose. Perhaps I'll also meditate on the feeling of my breath entering and exiting my lungs. I am also taking measures to change my thought patterns throughout the day. When I start to begin a thought pattern that is destructive or for any reason whatsoever I want to eliminate, I stop it in its tracks and affirm my Oneness with God. Once I got a good foundation going, I'll begin energy work. Good idea?

I thank you once again for your advice.

Pneumaphor
24th November 2007, 04:29 AM
I think I'm just going to meditate for a while to get a good foundation going. Just a simple meditation on my breath going in and out of my nose. Perhaps I'll also meditate on the feeling of my breath entering and exiting my lungs. I am also taking measures to change my thought patterns throughout the day. When I start to begin a thought pattern that is destructive or for any reason whatsoever I want to eliminate, I stop it in its tracks and affirm my Oneness with God. Once I got a good foundation going, I'll begin energy work. Good idea?

That's exactly what I do when I'm at my best, akashik610. I call that set of practices metaprogramming, reprogramming yourself, I think that's one of the best ways to focus on a strong foundation! Meditation is the best all-round practice I've found, by far.

Korpo said:

The beginning is often the hardest - overcoming inertia and picking up speed in another direction requires more energy than just to keep going. Over time results accumulate and become significant while resistance lessens.

I couldn't put it better and the key words are, "over time." Be consistent over time for a good foundation, and you won't just have results, you'll have high quality results!. Keeping calendars and schedules help a lot here too, in my experience.