PDA

View Full Version : Brainwave Gen.. trojan downloader?

Akorah
25th November 2007, 01:10 AM
I downloaded brainwave gen from the main site, my antivirus scanner picked it up as a trojan downloader. I have a fully licenced version of AVG antivirus so it may be just because its one of those odd type of programs that are rare so they get detected wrongly, or perhaps it does indeed have some malicious code in it? thought it was worth mentioning anyway.

Jonathan2525
6th January 2008, 05:36 PM
Hello Akorah,

I realize that's it's been a while since you posted this but since noone answered.... Anyway there is no virus in the program. I downloaded and installed it a while back myself and I've never had any problems. Just in case I re-downloaded today and scanned it with Kaspersky and ClamWin; nothing was found. The file is clean.

Anyone
13th March 2008, 09:03 PM
Yes, I mentioned this some years ago, under a different moniker. Some "moderator" blew it off then too. Ad-aware software (available free on the net) takes care of lots of things like this, and is the software that told me that there was a problem.

Tom
13th March 2008, 09:29 PM
Given that BW Gen is not free, I am not sure why it is so popular ... maybe you only get the ad-ware driven version if you do not pay for it more directly? How does it work, anyway? It has been a while since I checked.

CFTraveler
13th March 2008, 09:57 PM
Yes, I mentioned this some years ago, under a different moniker. Some "moderator" blew it off then too. Ad-aware software (available free on the net) takes care of lots of things like this, and is the software that told me that there was a problem. Can you tell me what moniker this was in? I'd like to look into it.