PDA

View Full Version : How do I raise Kundalini?

thekidheat
1st December 2007, 06:54 PM
I've been doing Energy work for over a month now. I am able to get my 7 primary centers fully activated. How can I directly attempt to raise kundalini?

Jonathan2525
1st December 2007, 09:31 PM
Hello,

It’s too soon for you to attempt to raise Kundalini. It would be useless to try at this point. Robert Bruce recommends trying to get proficient at having conscious OBEs first for two reasons. First, a conscious OBE exit causes energetic development. Secondly, a lower developmental level is required for OBE than for a full Kundalini raising; by developmental level I mean mental discipline and chakra activity.

Hence, you should go for Astral Projection before trying to raise your Kundalini, because if having a conscious OBE is too difficult for you then Kundalini is certainly out of reach, and Astral Projection itself will help you train for a Kundalini event.

thekidheat
1st December 2007, 11:33 PM
Thank you for your response. However, I have already had several OBEs. I have had approximently 10 OBEs in the 4 months that I have been trying. I have read Astral Dynamics a couple times. If you have any suggestions on a way to directly attempt to raise kundalini, please let me know. Thank you very much!

ButterflyWoman
2nd December 2007, 01:19 AM
You need to be careful with that. Kundalini rising can cause tremendous emotional, spiritual, mental, and even physical changes, and they're not always going to be pleasant to experience. Ultimately, any changes wrought by Kundalini will be for the good, but in many cases, Kundalini awakening is quite traumatic.

It's probably a good idea to just continue with meditation, energy work, etc., and allow Kundalini to rise when and if it chooses to do so, rather than trying to force it.

Donald McGlinn
2nd December 2007, 02:57 AM
My suggestion is similar.

I would also suggest that you are ready for Kundalini awakening when you no longer have to ask how to achieve it.

Months of practice is certainly not what I would consider to be even remotely ready for Kundalini work. Focus on the basics, it's the simple practice of doing what you know that is the quickest path to higher energy. You can't rush development, and from my experience, those that do try to rush it end up actually slowing it down because of the problems they encounter by doing things before they are developmentally ready.

I would also suggest that your implied impatience to get started in Kundalini is a sure sign you will encounter an experience you may regret.

Patience is a lesson that *MUST* be mastered before attempting any higher energy work.

Master is a term used for teachers not only because they are an authority figure, but because they have mastered the basics and through that mastering they have gained a greater understanding which opened the door to higher energy.

If it is your true wish to gain higher energy, then I repeat myself by saying stick with the basics. It is the best and fastest path to enlightenment and higher energy. You should consider this to be a lifelong quest.

thekidheat
2nd December 2007, 03:56 AM
Thank you for your response. So should I just continue with exercises listed in the Energy work book? All I do everyday is activate my primary centers, full body circut, the plank, two tubes, meditation, and trance meditation. Is there anything else I can do daily because I am getting a little bored with these exercises. New exercises or any ideas on new exercisies to help me in not becoming bored with the exercises would be appriciated! I am able to activate all 7 primary centers to the point where they are buzzing very heavily, and i've only been doing this energy work for less than a month. Is this good or could it be bad that I activate these primary centers for several hours everyday so early in this energy work? I am not expieriencing any physical pains or mental issues. Thank you very much!

Tom
2nd December 2007, 09:18 PM
You are supposed to be bored. It is just another kind of thought and emotion in your internal dialogue. It is a kind of resistance to get you to stop your practices. The thing to do is to have patience and work through it.

If you find that you are not satisfied with a safe amount of meditation and energy work, before you do anything risky be sure that you have the kind of support in place in advance that you will need. Any imbalances and other sorts of pre-existing conditions - or even just plain tendencies toward problems - will be magnified about brought to crisis. Going slowly causes these things to surface gradually and to be healed at a level where they remain manageable. It is hard to have a normal life and to take care of your mundane responsibilities like work, school, and family if you are going through phases such as having to sleep 12 hours per day or being so energized that you stay awake for a full week.

Mahavatar_Babaji
5th December 2007, 11:42 AM
You should be careful with trying to awaken your kundalini. It is a difficult path and many have difficult experiences. For some, kundalini actually awakens on its own without much spiritual work at all. For others (including myself) it awakened after about 5 years of meditation. It doesn't give you all the spiritual powers that they talk about in spiritual books, so don't try to awaken it because of that. Its a dangerous path and many have become insane as a result of it awakening. Have a look at some kundalini experiences on this site.

http://www.kundalini-support.com/forum/index.php

Tom
5th December 2007, 04:07 PM
The most common Kundalini experience I've seen around here is someone asking "Was this Kundalini?" and being told "No, it wasn't."

sleeper
6th December 2007, 05:12 AM
kundalini is the shiznit...well, that's how snoop dog would put it.

I'd like to share what worked for me.

first, i want people to google kundalini and look for success stories, you'll find that many people go 20 years or more before they awaken their kundalini. so lower your expectations.

I want to share what exercises worked for me. but you have to be prepared, raising kundalini is very emotional. it can make you feel crazy. it can give you severe anxiety. night paralysis. and other things.

If you are serious about raising it, you will buy a book, read it, then start with exercises.

to consider raising kundalini, you need:

concentration
empty mind

extrapolate that into:

be grounded
deal with your psychological issues
do concentration exercises
avoid watching TV and listening to music for at least 3 days, preferrably 3 weeks or more.
deal with underlying psychological issues
find a quiet, boring, private place to practice.
you need lots and lots of time.
empty stomach

this is no joke. whereas meditation mp3's can help you oobe, they can't give you the concentration you need for kundalini. Trancing is key to Oobe, but not for kundalini.

here is the uber best technique i know for gaining skill with kundalini concentrating: find a bare, white wall, in low light, sit in front of it and stare. think "wall"

do that. over and over and over.

stare at the wall and don't think.

be honest with yourself. how did you do? is your mind spotless? can you go 20 seconds without an uninterrupting thought?

if you can go 30 seconds without a single uninterrupting thought, you have seen the spotless mind. you have seen a glimpse.

if you can go 2 minutes, you know that you understand how to train your concentration.

if you can go 5 minutes, you know that 5 hours is possible

that's all for now. i'm hesitant to post more right now...

Raf
8th January 2008, 06:01 PM
Hi folks,

I’m new here. After reading all on this thread….Are there any advantages at all to raising kundalini on your own?

Thanks,

Raf

CFTraveler
8th January 2008, 06:04 PM
Hi folks,

I’m new here. After reading all on this thread….Are there any advantages at all to raising kundalini on your own?

Thanks,

Raf The answer is subjective- why would you want to? BTW, did you read this?
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2602 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2602)

Tom
8th January 2008, 06:48 PM
Hi folks,

Thanks,

Raf

If you mean as opposed to having someone do it for you, yes. There are also advantages to receiving an initiation to develop your Kundalini. Ideally you might try both approaches. You need to keep working with Kundalini; it is not a one shot deal and then you are done.

Raf
8th January 2008, 08:54 PM
CFT Traveler wrote:
The answer is subjective- why would you want to? BTW, did you read this?
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2602

No, I had not read that. After reading, I realize that I am woefully uninformed about the entire thing. I think I’ll just continue in NEW work and let kundalini take care of itself.

Thanks for help.

Raf

Aunt Clair
9th January 2008, 03:17 PM
I don't worry about kundalini and feel it will come on its own as it should . I have had many k events and never had trouble until I injured my spine and still some events since then have been mild .Just continue in your development and do energy work to assure clear fast flow of chi .
Here's a link ;

http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/ ... 345.0.html (http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/index.php/topic,1345.0.html)

openagnostic
12th January 2008, 01:47 AM
I had a rising of the kundalini (read my story). I have gone back to the basics with Robert Bruce's methods and will start over from the beginning. I think this is wise. I experience strong energy surges each day and I enjoy them, sometimes I have extreme bliss, but I have no control over it. So I am going back to basics. My awakening was spontaneous and culminated in a higher level OBE. I had been praying Hasidic style (very mantra like) two hours per day or more for two years prior.

lsajra99
21st January 2008, 06:00 PM
My suggestion is to keep working on your chakras--with emphasis on all of them, and not just the higher chakras--and the kundalini will happening naturally and easily. As you activate and clean out each chakra it makes it easier for the kundalini to flow up without obstruction.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones to have a blissful, non-painful awakening. Kundalini started for me when I used a chakra cleansing technique. The energy spikes happen mostly at night, usually every other night, after I lay down for the evening. It starts with a powerful sucking sensation in my gut and heart racing and pounding. Sometimes there is tingling and coldness on the tops of my feet. Then a thick-feeling force (feels about 3 inches in diameter) slowly works its way up my spine (or the area near my spine--I cannot tell exactly along which area it is actually traveling). It feels like a thick pipe moving its way up. I've noticed when I gulp as it moves up into my head I can feel it in the back of my throat, like there is an obstruction there.

When it reaches the top I'll have incredibly blissful feelings and sometimes visions open up in front of me. Once I saw this huge display of hundreds of petals, moving and encircling the space like a kaleidoscope pattern. Each petal had a unique identification to it--I remember seeing numbers or letters on some of the petals. Perhaps this was a representation of my crown chakra and how it is seen as the thousand-petaled lotus. Other times I see an opening to a heavenly-looking tunnel as if I just left my body and am ready to cross over to the other side.

I do agree with all the warnings about the negative aspects of kundalini, as I have a friend who had a full-blown powerful event that turned her life upside-down. However, I know of several others who have not gone through this with their kundalini awakenings and their's was much like mine. They also did extensive chakra work.

So to reiterate, I believe the best way to encourage a positive kundalini experience is to continue with comprehensive chakra work.

Linda

alwayson4
22nd January 2008, 10:22 PM
Linda your experience certainly sounds like kundalini, however you did not mention any rotational movement of the "thick pipe". kundalini is supposed to rotate 3.5 turns.

lsajra99
23rd January 2008, 02:01 PM
Yes, I didn't mention every detail of the event itself--with the more powerful spikes I will have a churning, twisting feeling when it goes up and then back down. My body will rock back and forth as the energy spirals along the channels. I can feel the energy not only go up the spine but also the two channels that spiral around the main channel.

There have also been times when intense heat will radiate up my spine as if the energy is trapped. I feel like my entire back is on fire. I then use visualization to see a cool energy flowing through the channels and that usually alleviates the symptoms.

bichukrishnan003
23rd May 2009, 05:28 AM
Hi,

From your post I think you have activated all the chakras,then it is easy to awake kundalini.Most people awake kundalini by meditation,It's not good,sadly they will not be able to control the kundalini.Try to learn" SHAKTI CHALANAM"
from a good guru.If you master this technique you can awake kundalini whenever you needed and you can stop when you don't needed.First inhale prana(air) in stomach,then assume with great concentration that you are giving high pressure on first chakra(mentally ,don't do physically)and rising.I promise you will master it in one week.Good luck
Warning:don't do shaktichalanam physically,It is 100% mental process

Yetzirahsan
30th October 2009, 10:20 AM
What i've noticed about kundalini raising is this. One should never bite off more than they can chew. It can be akin to making your body more sensitive to it's electrical nature. I worked with the NEW practices for about 5-6 years before I was able to successfully sense the crown chakra. I believe the problem in alot of ppl is that their upper chakric glands are "calcified". Either way, i can sense it as a normal reference point and the lower energies sort of flow through me like rivers of fire. It is VERY DIFFICULT to manage at first emotionally, since it pumps your nervous system with a optimal amount of life force. The lower energies for example, the root, second and solar plexus regions can truly rock a person's world-- even send them backwards in terms of their spiritual evolution if not firmly, and i repeat, FIRMLY rooted in a code of virtues, creed exct. I haven't had so much success at the astral level so much as i have with the empathic sensations-- being able to feel the energy of others. Auras are possible for me to see. I spend alot of time just BEING with the energy to balance out the more fiery sensations and try to give them outlet in vigorous exersize. Ive noticed that the high amounts of energy flowing through me can sort of cause pain if i press to heavily, like in working out. For example-- when i do dips, i have to coat the bars with rubber because its as if the full body weight causes a very volatile sensation which can hurt, but as i said-- this is only in rare cases. Being around tech can be cumbersome in some respects-- since it can interfere with it and give me occasional shocks that i find a little humorous. Ive had amazing breakthroughs with my musical progress and melody inspiration through working with it-- and am practically haunted with ideas at all times, haha(not a bad thing really). It also allows me to push myself alot harder with exersize, improves my reflexes seemingly--- and i am aware that these are more physical improvements, but I try not to get too lofty with attainments. I figure once my frame of reference is ready to luminate 3rd eye and above, it'll happen for me. For now, it truly is a beautiful experience. Its as if I am always touched by the earth and winds--- and all the wondrous natural simplicities in life. My suggestion would be to let go of what you expect to see and make room for what IS possible for YOU. If it is destined to happen, then it will. Blessings and namaste.