PDA

View Full Version : Reiki attunement - column of light

stargazer
12th November 2005, 04:44 AM
Hi all.

I was reading up on the kundalini, wow, it sounds amazing and terrifying all at once.

Anyways, the "serpent of fire" experience reminded me in some ways of my reiki attunement.

Reiki cannot be used for force/harm, as other forms of energy can be adapted to do, in that regard I think it's somewhat mild...

The reiki attunement is a great energetic experience, however.. and I found mine to be very powerful. Basically, it felt like a blue-ish/green column of light was shooting up through my body, almost a sort of.. electrocution feeling as it kind of locks you into place. I almost felt like "This is almost more than I can take, but it feels GREAAAAAT!" That same kind of, powerful columnal/spine "lock you into place" feeling reminded me a lot of what I was reading here about opening kundalini, though of course reiki's muuuuuuuch more gentle.

=)

Quantitativefool
12th November 2005, 04:27 PM
Yes, In my first and 3rd attunements to Reiki I had very similar results, I wouldn't quite call it kundalini but it defintaely was powerful and moving.

-Stu

Celeborn
13th November 2005, 02:57 AM
I have always loved that about reiki. When doing my own kinds of energy work the energy is so potent, yet the reiki energy is both more profound and much more soft and quiet at the same time.
When I say quiet I mean that first, when it comes over me it silences my mind and stills my body. Then from within it begins to buzz very softly, but in very powerful ways.

What little I have experienced of Kundalini energy was much more fierce, as if it is on the other end of the energetic spectrum. As I have never personally had reiki run through my master circuit, just my main body and my govener and functioner channels, I don't see a direct similarity.
Though, after I have opened the master circuit up through kundalini (or Daoist alchemy if I have the patience and money for classes), I am curious what it will feel like to have reiki run through it.

Celeborn
13th November 2005, 03:08 AM
And from my own experiences and those of the other reiki masters that I know, I suspect that what happened during the attunment was your govener channel meridian was being forced wide open by the new energy coursing through you. This is one of the reasons why reiki is so awesome. It will continue to open the meridians and clear out the chakras long after the attunment, by gently flowing more and more energy through you. It is a soft process and will really change your energy body over the course of the following weeks and months.

If that had been kundalini, I think it would have fried you. :)

But then, thats why I prefer (in theory at least) Daoist techniques to out right kundalini. Even if they take much longer for very similar results...people haven't been know to die from practicing them.

stargazer
17th November 2005, 02:08 AM
Oh, sorry, I should have clarified.. I wasn't saying that it was kundalini; I was just saying that the description of kundalini "rising" through you reminded me of the way a reiki attunement "rises" through you... a strong energetic experience locking you into place.

Just the motion, was all... not the intensity or the type of energy. :D

ETA: Celeborn thanks for the note on the Daoist technique.. I had been wondering if there was a less dangerous / slower way to tap into kundalini.