PDA

View Full Version : Day 3 Questions

LightningMunk
6th December 2007, 07:21 PM
hey everyone, i have gone with the program a long time ago, but i guess i kind of slowly fell out of it, events came up and i had no real drive to go thru with MAP, but now i am back into swing of things again, and motivating myself to finish the entire program :)
i just had a few ?s on the Day 3 part. i mainly practice in my room, lights turned off, shades down. my computer chair serves me well since it has a hardback, so i have a t-shirt on, running pants, no socks on.
relaxation and breathe awareness are no problem to me, since ive been involved with martial arts for almost 5 years now, and that has disciplined my mind and body pretty well. the part i have difficulty is with the energy stimulation. my hands have a good amount of energy stimulation, where as to i can get my thumbs going with the wave/magnetism sensation back and forth which is awesome. the trouble i have is with my toes. i dont have socks on, but idk if thats the problem. i was wondering if there was any tips on better stimulating the toes. in fact, as i sit here typing this with my socks on, i can do the sponging technique on each of my big toes, but only a fair amount of sensation.
so is there any tips/techniques i could try to better stimulate the toes during my practice session? thanks :)

CFTraveler
6th December 2007, 09:40 PM
About the only thing I found to help with toe sensitivity is to imagine a hard bristle brush (like the ones painters use to do stucco- they look really rough) brushing the underside of my toes. Once it starts the sensation going then doing regular sponging has more 'feel' attached to it. Nowhere near the strength of the hand sensations, though.

St.Domenick
6th December 2007, 09:55 PM
hey!, im on day three too.

ive been having kinda the same problems and ive been thinking about getting a stiff scrub brush to scrub my feet with when i wash to really sensitize them. maybe soaking my feet in a salt bath.

but also ive notice thart some days my feet are more or less sensitive than other days.

but ive also been reading thru 3 of roberts books and im learning that the energy of the feet is Usually quite sluggish and it can take some time before this is broken through.. then you will start to have more intense awareness of the feet and the actually energy pathways in them.

try looking at your toes as you concentrate only on them.

work on you feet at night as you are falling asleep

LightningMunk
7th December 2007, 04:18 AM
cool, thanx for the advice guys. im going to try it at nite and see if i can get the toes going. yea im planning on going each day til March. ive had the book for about....2 and 1/2 years right now, never had time to do it but now im going to commit myself to get this and achieve my ultimate goal :)

LightningMunk
7th December 2007, 04:50 AM
i actually have kinda made up my own technique for this, dont know if its one of ur guys techniques but ill try to explain it. its the sponge technique, but instead of visualizing the sponge, i just recreate the feeling of it, and i instantly get the sensations again, just if i were doing the sponge technique. idk if thats a technique coming up in the book, but i thought it was pretty good
also listening to Yoda training Luke Skywalker in Star Wars Episode V helps lmao :D

Jake
7th December 2007, 04:56 AM
also remember that if a specific area does not resopond right away, then it is ok to move on to other areas... it is unlikely that any one area will reamain unresponsive for too long... the fingers/toes, and hands/feet will be bustling strong soon... 8)

LightningMunk
7th December 2007, 02:35 PM
yea ive realized that last nite, im like, i got some good sensations in my feet, just keep on going thru the program.
another question, how do you guys train with the feet stimulationm, socks on or socks off?

CFTraveler
7th December 2007, 04:46 PM
i actually have kinda made up my own technique for this, dont know if its one of ur guys techniques but ill try to explain it. its the sponge technique, but instead of visualizing the sponge, i just recreate the feeling of it, and i instantly get the sensations again, just if i were doing the sponge technique. idk if thats a technique coming up in the book, but i thought it was pretty good
also listening to Yoda training Luke Skywalker in Star Wars Episode V helps lmao :D It's the right technique. Well done. :lol: I watched the movie again (I'm old) and remember thinking-"so that's what they were doing!" :lol:

JoSac
26th December 2007, 05:52 AM
When i started out i went socks off for the single toe stimulation.But as you progress you cut down on the single toe stimulation and do whole foot sponging and what not, so now i leave my socks on. I still try to do single toes every now and then just for practice.

JS

Neil Templar
26th December 2007, 04:51 PM
isn't it interesting-so many people are starting the program now?
i guess it's the end of the year thing huh?I'm moving into a nice quiet apartment in two weeks(i live with four people at the moment,and finding quiet moments isn't easy!)so i'm gonna start then.
on the feet thing- i remember Robert saying in one of his books that it's a good idea to treat your feet right before doing the excersises-i think he said to use some kind of foot lotion/cream,before starting.i got some peppermint foot cream which makes them feel sooo refreshed.(body shop) 8) ,and my feet have never been in such good condition!

JoSac
27th December 2007, 05:38 AM
Lol. Well started mainly bc i believe it was my fate (at least i think so, im not sure)the way it happened. As for the feet, i try to take care of mine. I have 2 clauses on my left foot (not bad ones) and i cant get rid of them. Think energy work around them will help?

Neil Templar
27th December 2007, 02:55 PM
i couldn't say for sure.i started looking after my feet around the same time i started doing energy work.maybe there's a link-maybe it's just good foot lotion!! :wink: lol.
although i will say that i have had a long term skin problem that has slowly begun disappearing since i started energy work too.but that may be completely unrelated too-i've given up alot of old bad habits,which i'm sure had alot to do with the state of my skin.
who knows?? sorry,i'm not really being very helpful here,.but i'm sure doing any energy work properly is gonna be good for you anyway.. :D keep at it.

Eldanen
30th December 2007, 01:23 AM
hey!, im on day three too.

ive been having kinda the same problems and ive been thinking about getting a stiff scrub brush to scrub my feet with when i wash to really sensitize them. maybe soaking my feet in a salt bath.

but also ive notice thart some days my feet are more or less sensitive than other days.

but ive also been reading thru 3 of roberts books and im learning that the energy of the feet is Usually quite sluggish and it can take some time before this is broken through.. then you will start to have more intense awareness of the feet and the actually energy pathways in them.

try looking at your toes as you concentrate only on them.

work on you feet at night as you are falling asleep

Isn't it something though that the legs are supposed to be the greatest inputs into the energy body, greater than the arms? Now how does that make sense? :P (If I have my stuff right.)

Jake
30th December 2007, 04:38 PM
Isn't it something though that the legs are supposed to be the greatest inputs into the energy body, greater than the arms? Now how does that make sense? :P (If I have my stuff right.)

I have read some of roberts work here, (don't have the link) i think he likens it unto drawing energy from the earth, (among other ways) and being so, makes them very strong conduits of energy... the truth is, our whole body make-up is one big conduit for energy... but for practical, daily energy work, think of yer legs as natural earth/energy conduits... 8)

LightningMunk
21st February 2008, 06:33 PM
hey everyone! i am restarting the program again cuz now i actually have a set time each day now until the end of summer to work on this, so im going to. right now im a bit frustrated since i can hardly stimulate my toes. im wondering if coldness has anything to do with it (no i dont have "cold feet" about this lol, pun intended) cuz its the morning and its a bit chilly, but i dont like having my socks on since then im more aware of the contact between my feet and the socks then stimulating my toes. anyone can help me with this?? cuz in my last journal i guess i was having strong sensations with energy stimulation on that day, and now im not :( real depressed, help would be nice :) thanks!!

CFTraveler
21st February 2008, 07:51 PM
hey everyone! i am restarting the program again cuz now i actually have a set time each day now until the end of summer to work on this, so im going to. right now im a bit frustrated since i can hardly stimulate my toes. im wondering if coldness has anything to do with it (no i dont have "cold feet" about this lol, pun intended) cuz its the morning and its a bit chilly, but i dont like having my socks on since then im more aware of the contact between my feet and the socks then stimulating my toes. anyone can help me with this?? cuz in my last journal i guess i was having strong sensations with energy stimulation on that day, and now im not :( real depressed, help would be nice :) thanks!! A few things could be happening- your previous work may have unblocked your feet to the extent that you feel less. Cold can have a numbing effect on your feet, and this can get in the way of your getting the feedback you want. So I don't think it's a problem in your energy body, more of a 'problem knowing when to stop', so I'd suggest following MAP guidelines as to how long to do it or put some socks on. :wink: I've always done it with whatever I had on and considered any feedback ok, regardless of clothes or shoes.

LightningMunk
21st February 2008, 08:01 PM
yea i have two layers of socks on right now, but they still feel a bit cold. its odd because for the longest time, i always used that sense of vibrations or magnetism to let me know that the energy is moving. i mean i have focused on this for a good hour now and i can get some very faint energy movements....but how come when its unblocked that you dont feel it anymore? couldnt it just be that its not working? i always thought that when its unblocked then the energy becomes more, and when its blocked u feel less...like reversed lol. i would just like to clear this up since the farthest i have ever gone on the program was to day 8, but i am very 100% confident i am going to finish this whole program in the 91 days. so getting this cleared up in my mind now would greatly help for future energy work :) thanks!!!

Korpo
21st February 2008, 08:14 PM
Sensations of energy move in stages. A possible cycle of sensations might look like this:

* Unawareness: Energy perception is random and if so you don't recognise it or just think of it as something that always happened to you without calling it energy.
* Beginning Awareness: Now you feel energy more and more strongly. Light to heavy sensations. Progress seems easy. Energy seems easy to feel.
* Blockage: You become aware of where you are blocked in that part of your body. Energy movement seems suddenly to hit obstacles. In reality the obstructed inner layers were always there, but your awareness has grown. But suddenly energy movement has seemed to stopped, or trying to move energy is like hitting a wall. Moving energy might feel like something constricts and blocks off.
* Clearing out: Again light and strong sensations. Feelings of heat. Feelings like liquid. Pulsating feelings may occur as more energy moves within formerly blocked parts. These come and go.
* Shudders: Now it can happen that energy rushes flow spontaneously or suddenly. The energy feels like electric, a cloud or simply a shiver or shudder. Minor blockages get cleared.
* Clean: Everything feels airy, soft, light, or even empty. Moving of awareness in this layer may seem so easy and obstructed you start to doubt it happens or is effective. Now you might tense up to feel more, but the increased sensation only derives from artificially blocking off energy flow by tensing up. The easy, airy, soft flow is the reality, IMO.

Your sensations can vary along this wide spectrum. I often have cold to shivering sensations in freshly cleared spots, and leading energy can sometimes produce cold sensations, not only warm.

Take good care,
Oliver

LightningMunk
21st February 2008, 08:25 PM
thank you for the descriptions. the question i have now is will this hinder the future of my training on the program, because im not getting the strongest sensations on my toes at the moment or mixed energy sensations on my future energy work?? i have good focus and awareness, just frustrating when you are focusing on it with clear intentions and a clear focused mind and u are not picking up anything, but like i said, i already started the program before, stopped early december, and now picking it up mid february, so idk how cleared up the feet are. hopefully energy sensations will be stronger once i move up the body more or do full body bounces. so like i asked, how important is the energy sensations during this training going to be when it comes to part of the program where i train on exit techniques?? thanks :)

Korpo
21st February 2008, 08:37 PM
The most important thing seems to be to get loose. Try to lose all kinds of tension. Physical *and* mental. Having too much expectations or worrying a lot along the lines of "Am I doing this right?" or "Is this what I am supposed to feel?" is also a kind of tension. Doing the exercise thoroughly (and not overdoing it) and staying relaxed is key to good effectivity. See if you can observe improvements. Go with what feels right.

Take good care,
Oliver

LightningMunk
21st February 2008, 08:40 PM
alrite that works. i just didnt want to miss something like "if u are not feeling this sensations on this day, please take time to keep trying this before you move onto the next day" kinda thing. i have great confidence that i can achieve astral projection, just dont want to miss anything in the program that i could have skipped over. thanks!

CFTraveler
21st February 2008, 08:54 PM
thank you for the descriptions. the question i have now is will this hinder the future of my training on the program, because im not getting the strongest sensations on my toes at the moment or mixed energy sensations on my future energy work?? It shouldn't, because you have had strong sensations in the past, and know how it should feel when you have strong energy sensations. Now you are learning how it feels when you have weak energy sensations. The purpose of this training is not only to clear blockages, is also to teach you how to 'feel' your energy body for future reference, and also to give you enough capacity for energy storage for when you need it. So IMO stopping the process is more harmful than going on if you are not feeling much. If you were feeling 'too much', or pain, then my advice would be different.

i have good focus and awareness, just frustrating when you are focusing on it with clear intentions and a clear focused mind and u are not picking up anything, but like i said, i already started the program before, stopped early december, and now picking it up mid february, so idk how cleared up the feet are. hopefully energy sensations will be stronger once i move up the body more or do full body bounces. They will be stronger in the legs and arms, not so strong in the torso. For future reference. And, don't be in a hurry to do a full body bounce- you want to have everything covered before you do, and when you do the bounces the sensations will not be as strong as when you use sponging and brushing, or energy ball bouncing.
so like i asked, how important is the energy sensations during this training going to be when it comes to part of the program where i train on exit techniques?? thanks :) Exit techniques are not as e-body technique-dependent as energy loosening techniques will be. So don't worry, keep going. And try to relax with this.

CFTraveler
21st February 2008, 08:55 PM
Looks like Oliver and I are tag-teaming you. *waves to Oliver*

LightningMunk
21st February 2008, 09:02 PM
lol thanks alot, sorry for all the questions, just nice to get some advice from the pros on the board. like you said, just scared me a bit since the last time i tried the program i had stronger energy sensations, and i didnt know if it was me getting weaker at energy control or what, but thanks alot for the input :) the toes part was always my weak point, since they feel "farther away" in a sense, but i should be good overall :) thanks again!

CFTraveler
21st February 2008, 09:31 PM
You're welcome. :D

LightningMunk
21st February 2008, 09:55 PM
sorry one last thought lol. i just had an idea to try and warm up my toes by putting them in warm water, just in case it was the cold. now i got them warm, put the two layers of socks back on (lol) and now trying it again. except now...my feet were all warm, have two layers on, focusing energy...but now its like...light coolness in my entire foot. any ideas? since i am focusing my energy in my feet region. idk since i remember reading about "light coolness airyness sensation for foot" thanks!

CFTraveler
21st February 2008, 10:04 PM
The thing is that putting your feet in water dilated the blood vessels and the air cooled the surface- so now you have sensation going 'of it's own kind'. But see what happens.