PDA

View Full Version : Success! After a Year and Two Months!

CFTraveler
12th November 2005, 02:43 PM
Yay! I'm so happy!
So I wake up at 5AM with my usual backache and go sit in the living room recliner. I settle down and the cat comes and bothers me for a bit. I push her away and start going down. After awhile I start getting sleepy, but since I'm not in my bed it takes longer to relax... I start feeling vibrations, my heart feels like it's going a mile a minute. I will myself to relax... the vibrations get stronger, I feel my legs start to float, but the rest of my body is firmly in place. I'm afraid to move the top of my body because I'm afraid it'll stop. So I feel the vibrations start to fade, so I think "if it stops it will not happen." At this point I try to do the rope technique- as I try to imagine myself going up a rope (that's never worked for me before, but now I'm desperate), I feel?see a "tunnel" of energy coming from my torso, and it feels it's "sucking me up" at the same time I imagine myself going up the rope. Very unexpected feeling. Then, I decide to try to stand up, because I feel "loose" enough, and sure enough, I "topple-float" to the front of me, and start floating around the living room. I float to my bedroom and see my husband sleeping there, and I go to him to tell him how I'm projecting- of course he's sleeping- so I float around some more, remember to keep it short, and go back to my body. So I do, wake up a little, look around, (it's still dark) and go "down" again. I start to feel vibrations again, can't believe my luck, feel the vibes. repeat the process, except no rope technique, when my legs started floating up I just "sat up" (this time I had no fear of losing the exit- I had nothing to lose since I had just done it.) Float again, this time everything was dark and hard to see. I remembered about asking for astral sight, and I do it and am surprised at the sound of my own voice- I had never spoken aloud before during a projection. Then I decide to push my luck and ask to go to an astral plane- and suddenly, I'm in front of a tunnel- I go through with someone- apparently someone was with me, probably not human, I don't remember "looking" I just knew I was not alone. We go through the tunnel side by side, I hear voices, There seem to be 2 doctors talking about a child (like a consultation with a doctor) I decide that the trip is turning into a LD and I don't want it to degenerate, so I ask to go back in my body. I do, I feel myself descend into it, but I can't move. So I wait, get up, tell my husband about my projection, notice I'm floating and he's not paying attention to me, realize I'm still out, go back, sit there for a while and concentrate on listening to my surroundings, realize I still can't open my eyes, work on my big toe, and finally get up!
I was stiff, needed 2 coffees to wake up, but I'm so happy! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Apex
12th November 2005, 06:43 PM
good deal, congrats

Matt
12th November 2005, 08:42 PM
Congratulations! I always have the best results by getting up early and then going back to bed to induce paralysis and then an OBE. I've also found it's very possible to have a series of OBEs using a timer to wake up and fall asleep several times in a row. Here's a page you can use for that:

http://www.saltcube.com/timer.html

lkjewr
12th November 2005, 11:10 PM
Thank you for sharing CF Traveler :!: I'll have to read it again!

I have a question. I know you posted in the forum, but I want to be sure. You attribute your success to following the MAP book?

If so, how long have you been on it, i.e., what day? (And for how long, if you're behind, ahead days. :smile:)

Thank you.

enoch
13th November 2005, 01:07 PM
congrats! Good read, thanks for sharing. :wink:

CFTraveler
13th November 2005, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the support, guys. I've been getting up at 4-5am for a while now every day, since I've developed some back problems- seems some good came out of that.
To lkjewr: Actually, I've been a spontaneous projector for most of my life, but never had any degree of control, that is until a few years ago, when I read another book/manual. I did it deliberately once, but never again (deliberately.) Then a few years ago, I started having some frightening problems, which I didn't associate with projection, until I heard Robert Bruce speak on a radio show about "paranormal/UFO" phenomena. He spoke about his book Practical Psychic Self Defense, Astral Dynamics and Mastering Astral Projection, and I decided that my problems could be connected to my "abilities". So I got MAP, thinking if I got control of my projections I could learn how to defend myself/or control my mind, since I hadn't decided what the problem was, and by reading MAP and doing the exercises I found this Forum, and learned a lot and met some people that had similar experiences to mine and had some valuable advice to give me. Because of excellent advice and the program, of course I was able to remove the fear/neg/blockages and achieve a conscious projection, something that I have only done twice in my 48 years in this world.
Now, as to the program- I did all the way to day 56 in the program when I started losing the ability to remember my dreams, took a few months off to see if I needed to rest- and for that time hadn't so much as had a decent lucid dream (except for attacks) until about a month ago, (after some cleansing work) I started going more lucid, and also starting doing my routine in the early morning instead of at night, and it happened yesterday, after a year and a bit of no projecting. If you want to know what blocked me so, go to
http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=941
and/or
http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=1126
but the second is just recent stuff.
The program definitely helped get me to exit deliberately- I believe the help I got from DK helped remove the negs and psychological blockage that the fear of them was causing.
So, thanks again! :wink:

26th November 2005, 12:28 AM
good job, u must feel great! :D

Xevious
1st December 2005, 04:52 AM
Hi, I just joined the message boards.

Over the last 3 months I've finally managed to have partial OBE's mainly with my arms and legs. Pretty freaky stuff having the sensation of your limbs in thin air. Before this I couldn't have imagined what it was like since I only read discriptions of OBE's in books.

I've had the sleep paralysis before along with the vibrations. It was only when I read Robert Monroe's book that I learned of moving the vibrations up and down the body that triggered my first partial OBE. My right arm popped out and was able to move it around, fingers; I could even see the form of the arm as I moved it. All I said was 'WOW'. :)

In any case there is a few things I need to ask:

- At one point I tried to put both my hands together however it felt like when you put magnets together with opposite poles facing. It was difficult to clench my hands together. What's that about?

- Another question is regarding how the heck do you progress beyond this stage. I've tried to 'get up' by lifting my head however an odd sensation occurs where I expand in the general direction but snap back, like some intense force that doesn't let me out.

I appreciate any feedback on this.

Thanks

CFTraveler
1st December 2005, 02:43 PM
Xevious wrote:

- Another question is regarding how the heck do you progress beyond this stage. I've tried to 'get up' by lifting my head however an odd sensation occurs where I expand in the general direction but snap back, like some intense force that doesn't let me out.

When you get to that point, get your astral arms away from your body, imagine a rope or something you can hold on and try to pull yourself out. It actually worked twice for me after trying other things.

Xevious
2nd December 2005, 04:23 AM
I had another paritial OBE during my afternoon nap. It preceeded by strong vibrations accompanied by a roaring sound, knowing what it meant I thought of rocket engines powering up (getting ready for lift off). :D Not only did the vibrations increase dramatically so did the roaring.

Next thing my arms and legs popped out.

I tried the technique where you climb up on a rope. Wow, suddenly felt like a rope and it felt like my head then chest area were rising but it was very difficult. It was almost like I was still partially glued into my body. I think I heard a click but it was very slight.

I feel that I experienced the mind split effect that Robert Bruce talks about, where it seemed that focus was divided between my astral and physical head/neck/chest.

This didn't succeed so I tried to reach for my dresser immediately beside my bed to see how my astral arm/hands would interact with it. I'm not sure what happened but as I turned to reach I lost control and I rolled or something. I felt my attention/focus more on my physical but had the sensation of the astral body rocking back and forth, I seemed to settle back into my body. My arms felt extremly heavy right after that.

What a power nap!!!

One important note: I was extremly tired when I got home and hungry (been about 4 hours since I ate). In Robert Bruce's book 'Astral Dynamics' on P.97 he says that "being tired and having an empty stomach can increase the energetic activity within the etheric body". Seems that this might be a way to experience OBE if your still developing your Chakras/energy though meditation or other methods.

A couple of questions:

- How loud is the click many people hear during separation? Is the slight click I heard the loudest it will be?

- Why are my limbs seemingly projecting without any problems and I cannot fully separate (by getting up), the mind split and focus seem to be very difficult at this point. Would energy/chakra work help in this?

Thanks!

CFTraveler
2nd December 2005, 09:26 PM
Xievious wrote:
A couple of questions:

- How loud is the click many people hear during separation? Is the slight click I heard the loudest it will be?

- Why are my limbs seemingly projecting without any problems and I cannot fully separate (by getting up), the mind split and focus seem to be very difficult at this point. Would energy/chakra work help in this?

1-I sometimes hear a "pop"- but not too loud- the vibrations are so loud (like having a chainsaw on your chest- really-) that it's a miracle I hear it-
2- Another thing I have done when I can't seem to separate but know I'm "loose" is try to roll myself off the bed- once I feel the vibs. I know that my body won't come with me- so I roll as hard as I can off the bed and try to fly away before I fall back into my body, which I think is what's happening to you- that "body gravity thing."