PDA

View Full Version : I am afraid !!! How to surpass fear

new baby
10th December 2007, 01:15 PM
I started to read a book called Astral Voyges by Gavin and Ivonne Frost. I don't know if you are familiar with it. At some point in the book they say that the body has to be ptotected during the astral travel done from meditation because the body can become posessed. They also recommend to protect the body before attempting an astral travel. On the other hand from what I have read from Bruce's work the body can not be posessed. Can anyone tell me what is the truth and how it has to be done.
After reading it I was overwhelmed with fear and the following night I had a hard time calming myself and going back to sleep. All I can say is that the dreams were more intense and at some point I felt myself rising above a lamp I saw in my visions but I cancelled the experiment due to extreme fear. I had once an Obe which is like a dream memory in which I felt the vibrations, and the I started to drain out of my body like a thread of water untill I was out but couldn't move. I am afraid now to go on with my experiments due that book.
Hope it's not in the wrong topic.

Korpo
10th December 2007, 01:59 PM
Some sort of paralysis can happen, and this can be due to energy levels or due to mind split effects where you are not fully conscious in one body.

I prefer Robert's idea that you are indeed a powerful being, and a projector is well-protected. I have recently been told that during projection you are as "vulnerable" as anytime else. Anything that people think might happen due to Astral Projection might also surely happen at any time else, people are just not aware of it.

The cases of possession Robert describes in "Practical Psychic Self-Defense" where not related to OBEing at all. I personally don't know what to make of the phenomenon, to tell the truth.

During projection the body is surely not left empty, even though others seems to think so. Robert said this is something like an urban legend of the mystic world. I think this is more of a myth than a truth and recently a friend tried to convince me of it again citing a magic manual that was so badly written and edited it will find a place on the trash heap and I want my money back. ;)

Here's one article where Robert talks about it:

http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=6764

Fear is one of the greatest obstacles in achieving conscious OBEs, as the mind has the tendency to scare itself. Maybe you want to employ a method like this one to help with the fear:

http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=9353

Take good care,
Oliver

JoSac
25th December 2007, 08:20 PM
Read atral dynamics by robert bruce. He explains how tho body is safegaurded while projecting. i think has to do with the mind split effect that proves this true. Some people while projecting get 2 sets of vision one from their physical body and one from their real time body. even though this causes mental feedback which he says is disturbing, it proves there is still a mind and conscious in the physical body and just a copy projected out to the real time body.

As for fear of being of being out of body, just think of the possibilities which are endlesss. this helped me overcome it (i still havent projected yet tho).

hope this cleared it up a lil but i recommend the book JS

new baby
31st December 2007, 01:52 PM
Thank you guys for your advices and for the links. I'll try to follow up some of the advices.
Since I wrote the post my fear diminihed :D, it's still there a bit but not at the intensity it was.
I read some chapters of the Astral Dynamics and I knew in theory about the fear but I couldn't help it and wanted some reassurance. One of the reasons is because there is a beeing in my house (don't know sure what it is) but I can feel it, it's like a cold breathe in my face. I have no ideea on it wishes and purpose but for sure I know it's here but I am not afraid of it.

What is interesting about the paralysis is that I felt it in the Astral body, and not only in the OBE I had. I also had two lucid dreams and in each of them I could move the upper body and was in full control of it but couldn't move my legs. They were extreamly heavy and moveable with great effort.

I have realised for a while is that the pieces of my life are really matching and what I want is becoming real. Not necessary big things but small things that I need and want. It's marvelous.

A Happy New Year for all the forum members and readres and all your wishes come true.

Lia

CFTraveler
31st December 2007, 02:51 PM
Thank you guys for your advices and for the links. I'll try to follow up some of the advices.
Since I wrote the post my fear diminihed :D, it's still there a bit but not at the intensity it was.
I read some chapters of the Astral Dynamics and I knew in theory about the fear but I couldn't help it and wanted some reassurance. One of the reasons is because there is a beeing in my house (don't know sure what it is) but I can feel it, it's like a cold breathe in my face. I have no ideea on it wishes and purpose but for sure I know it's here but I am not afraid of it.

What is interesting about the paralysis is that I felt it in the Astral body, and not only in the OBE I had. I also had two lucid dreams and in each of them I could move the upper body and was in full control of it but couldn't move my legs. They were extreamly heavy and moveable with great effort.

I have realised for a while is that the pieces of my life are really matching and what I want is becoming real. Not necessary big things but small things that I need and want. It's marvelous.

A Happy New Year for all the forum members and readres and all your wishes come true.

Lia
Hi Lia. I project all the time and I've had 'visitors' in every place I've ever lived. So I wouldn't worry about vulnerability. In fact, projecting may let you meet this being and you can find out what it's all about. It's like walking around with a blindfold on, and then taking it off and actually seeing who's there. It seems more scary, but it's actually safer to see who's there-at least in my opinion. You can even find out it's an ancestor or a guide. If you're still afraid there are many protective measures you can take, but ultimately fear is the only real enemy.
BTW, Happy New Year!

JoSac
1st January 2008, 06:57 PM
I'm pretty sure there is no ghosts in my house. But i sometimes get scared (lol) bc you never know. Can ghosts do any real physical or mental harm to you. I mean in the physical state?

JS

CFTraveler
1st January 2008, 07:11 PM
Not in my experience, unless you count Poltergeists as 'ghosts.' I do not, I believe they are a form of pk.

new baby
4th January 2008, 11:23 AM
Hi CFTraveler,

You are right about projecting and meeting the ..... spirit or what it is. But I am not able to project whenever I want. I had one projection, a lucid dream and I belive a phasing, and I am trying for more than half a year. So I am still working on this and with patince and dedication hope in time they will be more frequent. I have restarted to work with the Gateway CD's and I am building my energy protective baloon. I suppose that the visitor doesn't like it because I am not feeling it any more (it enjoyed coming when I was in meditation and stay for a while).

Jo Sac hope you'll be more succesfull than I am :) .

All my best wishes,

Lia

JoSac
5th January 2008, 02:31 AM
First off thank you i hope so too. It [i]was[i] my new years resolution. But is it possible, that say if a spirit is bothering you, to project and have a chat with him, and maybe even become friends?

JS

CFTraveler
5th January 2008, 04:33 AM
First off thank you i hope so too. It was my new years resolution. But is it possible, that say if a spirit is bothering you, to project and have a chat with him, and maybe even become friends?

JS It's not something I would do. I'll just tell you that I've had problems, projected and met up with the being that was being disruptive- One time I talked to him and he went away (all he needed was to be talked to, for some reason). Another (separate) time (different being) I was pestered by what I thought was the ghost of my father. I confronted him, he admitted it really wasn't him, and I sent him packing. (And he left). So, depending on your situation, I see it differently- if it's a ghost that lives in your house, maybe you can help him/her 'cross over' (aka retrieval) if it's another being maybe some confronting needs to be done, and if it's a guide then they can tell you why they're being pestery. But, IMO guides don't pester, they just guide you when you need guidin'.

Healer_Helper
15th January 2008, 10:55 AM
Ah, just to post my 2 sense in, well...

1: Your "soul" never actually leaves the body... until you die physical death, it's an energy probe per se that actually projects during sleep.
2: hahahahha, wicca books :P gotta love that.. but please read stuff like that, as it's said, with a grain of salt. ^_^

CFTraveler
15th January 2008, 01:44 PM
Ah, just to post my 2 sense in, well...

1: Your "soul" never actually leaves the body... until you die physical death, it's an energy probe per se that actually projects during sleep.
- Did we forget to say that? Whoopsie!

Korpo
16th January 2008, 12:04 PM
2: hahahahha, wicca books :P gotta love that.. but please read stuff like that, as it's said, with a grain of salt. ^_^

I agree with that. :)

I glimpsed into a book called "Etheric Anatomy" by a guy who was said to be a very skilled Huna practitioner. However, the book was badly edited, had little useful advice, lacked a coherent topic, never tried to explain where "facts" came from, but surely did not forget to diss others who think or perceive differently. Almost needless to say that the book repeated the "empty body" hypothesis, and went on to claim that if you do it any other way you do it wrong...

That book made me very wary of magical literature, because it was even recommended to me for its "interesting ideas". :?

I'd rather trust in the observations of Robert Bruce and my own perceptions of the mind/body split than waste worries on the "empty body" myth.

Take good care,
Oliver

Jake
16th January 2008, 09:08 PM
Fear is part of the game. Fear is natural. there are lots of things to fear naturaly about being out of body. Not all fun and games. When you are alone, and these experiences present themsesves, yes, they are scary. It is fun to talk about lifting free from your body, seems fun, but theres alot going on and our 'fear' sensitivity levels are turned wayyyy up... Once you realize these events to be 'REAL' , they are truly scary, and you have to wade your way through the fear, as if it were a thick, swampy void with snags. In my experience, fear is something that can be conquered, but does not go away completely... Most events (now) for me are fantastic, no fear. but sometimes it shows up,, bigger than life, and I don't want to play any more... Fear is part of it... Get used to it... face it... conquer it... there is a prize at the end... :D

Korpo
17th January 2008, 08:57 AM
there is a prize at the end... :D

There is? :D

Oliver