PDA

View Full Version : Melting Hands

micky.d
22nd December 2007, 06:55 AM
A couple of times i have become concious in a dream and looked at my hands, its a known fact that they melt, however on both occasions they have just glowed white, and maybe just the tips of my fingers might blur and dissapear a bit, but nothing major. I was under the impression that your whole hand would just completly melt away as soon as you specifically laid your eyes on them.

ButterflyWoman
22nd December 2007, 07:26 AM
No reason they have to melt. The point of looking at your hands or attempting to read something is that it will change when you look at it, look away, and look back, and this can help you establish that you're dreaming. For me, I generally look at my watch and find that it's distorted in various ways, and then I know it's a dream.

Korpo
25th December 2007, 10:14 PM
Sometimes "well-known facts" about dreaming or projection cease to be valid after someone challenges them or skeptically investigates them - this is what Robert did with a lot of phenomena. It makes his work remarkable. He dispelled several "projection myths", and there are surely more. Your own evaluation and investigations will show you what is actually fact. :)

Take good care,
Oliver

Beekeeper
26th December 2007, 02:49 AM
Glowing hands or slightly melting hands should be enough to alert you to the fact you're dreaming. The truth is that most of us are incredibly dense in dreams and can miss really obvious lucidity signs (like extra fingers, which has been my usual discovery or even a dream character asking me how I'm going with my lucid dreaming:D). I think the true key to lucidity in dreams is lucidity in waking life, at least this has been my experience.

If you do think you're lucid and the hand thing isn't confirming it for you, you can try looking at your watch/clock as OW said, playing with a light switch or trying to fly or blink.

micky.d
26th December 2007, 03:52 AM
I actually become lucid in a dream all the time with no reality checking or anything, I just become concious during a dream spontaniously, so then sometimes i will look at my hands just for fun to see what will happen, i dont look at then to confirm i am in a dream. I'm geting some handy practice flying around :D

Beekeeper
26th December 2007, 09:10 AM
Hey, Micky D, same. I've never gotten lucid because of a reality check, I've only used it to confirm that I'm dreaming. :D Flying's fun!

Jake
26th December 2007, 06:16 PM
I actually become lucid in a dream all the time with no reality checking or anything, I just become concious during a dream spontaniously, so then sometimes i will look at my hands just for fun to see what will happen, i dont look at then to confirm i am in a dream. I'm geting some handy practice flying around :D

looking at my hands ALWAYS inspires lucidity... if i am having 'focus' issues while OOB... or trying to become lucid from a dreaming state,,, looking at my hands ALWAYS brings me around... crystal clear lucidity... that may just be a trigger for ME... but i have heard the same from others... I only watched my hands melt away, AFTER i had read about it in AP... (very exciting effect, even still)

in fact, one of my favorite 'tricks' is to wave my hand in front of my face, (while completely awake and lucid)... do that at different times of the day and try to notice what they look like... that will create a pattern that will continue as you sleep... and sure as majick,,, you will be doing it while dreaming,,, ie,,, creating a trigger for lucidity whilst dreaming... dreaming or OBE...

by the way,,, welcome to 'flight school'... LFD's (Lucid Flying Dreams) 101... 8)

ButterflyWoman
27th December 2007, 01:17 AM
I've never gotten lucid because of a reality check, I've only used it to confirm that I'm dreaming.

Yeah, me, too. I become lucid and then do a reality check or two just to confirm it.

Psychotronic
30th December 2007, 06:45 PM
I have small problem with melting hands. In physical reality I can see my hands melting and in a dream I can see my hands OK. :D

CFTraveler
30th December 2007, 09:01 PM
I have small problem with melting hands. In physical reality I can see my hands melting and in a dream I can see my hands OK. :D :shock: :D

SP3
21st November 2008, 06:09 AM
You are the one melting your hands, by your conscious and unconscious interpretation of your astral body. Remember that your hand is a representation of your physical form, so you don't really have a hand, you assume a body because you perceive yourself as the person you are in the waking world, in a world of energy forming a body. It may from time to time be distorted.

Try experimenting;

The astral world and the astral body is comprised of thought and feeling. Mentally see and will your hand into what you want it to be. From my experience some astral planes, or layers are easier than others. I made my hand melt and re-materialize, it was interesting studying the science of the astral body and the astral world.