PDA

View Full Version : impressing someone

niij
25th December 2007, 06:20 PM
I remember when I was very young, and my mother sometimes got very angry at me I could calm her by thinkning things like 'she has been working for so long, and I made the mistake, and its not her fault' (the things that I didn't want to think-- there was a strong side of me telling that she was wrong and I right). It would work like a charm, everytime I tried. I was 7 then, and now I am 16 and I don't know why these things for influencing people just don't work for me anymore.
I mean, I didn't even have an OBE when I was 7 (I had it when I was 11) and now I also spend time meditating, and reiki and energy works(although I am not regular--studies don't allow me to be)
Anyways, I have a practical exam, and the examiner will be asking me some questions as viva-voce. I tend to get very nervous during such interviews,etc. and the other person usually gets the impression that I am a scared boy who doesn't know much about the subject. Is there any way I could impress the examiner, by maybe imagining something or doing some energy work?

Korpo
25th December 2007, 09:16 PM
I guess the best way would be to visualise yourself as a confident being, standing tall and doing perfectly alright. Paint a vivid picture in your mind of you succeeding in the exam, as vivid as you can. Add detail after detail, tell yourself a story. Optimally while in trance. Picture it in your mind's eye.

Manifest the future this way, and it might help. Repeat this exercise.

Ask a "helper", an entity of love and light, to take you into the right depth of trance for optimal manifestation while in trance.

If you have doubts during doing this exercise, it is manifested, too. The trick according to Bruce Moen is either to have no doubts *OR* to accept that your doubt will manifest, too, and that this only proves that the intended result will manifest, too. Be confident. Don't negate the effect by heaping doubt upon doubt. Just accept that the good intent will help.

Take good care,
Oliver

CFTraveler
26th December 2007, 01:44 AM
It also helps to visualize the teacher as a gentle being who is there to help and nothing more. Find something to admire about this person and do it mentally. I have found this to be helpful in my own life.

ButterflyWoman
26th December 2007, 01:05 PM
You could try visualising yourself surrounded by a beautiful soft white light, the light of peace and wisdom and all things beautiful. It sounds corny, but when I do it, I swear, people turn their heads to look at me, and believe me, I am NOT a woman who turns heads (I'm okay with that, by the way; I'm just saying I'm definitely not conventionally beautiful). When I think of myself as charming and beautiful and radiant, other people pick up on it. I believe the same would work in an interview or questioning situation such as you describe, but concentrate on the wisdom, knowledge, and peace aspects, so you appear to be smart, well-prepared, and at ease.

And, of course, being well-prepared and really knowing your subject matter won't hurt. ;) My mother-in-law, a retired music teacher, says that the only people who need to be nervous about a performance (which is really what you're going to be doing, even if some of it will be impromptu) are those who aren't adequately prepared. Prepare yourself and you'll be fine. :)