PDA

View Full Version : Head Pressure!

micky.d
29th December 2007, 08:29 AM
Every now and again i will be in a dream an then be pulled back to my physical body, however im still in a "dreamy" kind of state, i will then attemp to pull myself out of body, and the other morning i did a rolling technique and i began to fully roll out of my body, however the pressure and noise i was getting in my head was INTENSE!!
I ended up just leaving it aye, cos my head felt like it was gunna explode. This has happend a few times, and its only when i am in a dreamy state, for example in a dream in the middle of the night an then somehow become semi lucid and attempt an exit.
I'v had a lot of strong exit sensations when attemting a concious exit from a waking state, but i never get the head pressure at all!

I wonder what exactly the pressure is? just energy build up? Its just such an intense pain and pressure, it doesnt scare me though 8) :D

CFTraveler
30th December 2007, 03:50 AM
Pain?

micky.d
30th December 2007, 08:45 AM
Yeah for sure, a definate pain, its like having a headache but it just fills your whole head, as well a pressure feeling like im under water to deep, and sometimes it is accompanied by a really load swishing noise like wind and static, sorta like a high pressure noise. very uncomfortable when it happens!!

Psychotronic
30th December 2007, 12:21 PM
The noise is really beautiful, it haven´t anything together with this pain. I have this noise every and it is very relaxing, it changes frequencies, volume and other qualities. In astral techniques you must learn your own abstract methods and methods for achieving everything, with your creativity and power of mind you can do something easy and clear away the pain. It is something like illusion, but the noise is very useful, maybe it is going to help to you.

CFTraveler
30th December 2007, 08:45 PM
Yeah for sure, a definate pain, its like having a headache but it just fills your whole head, as well a pressure feeling like im under water to deep, and sometimes it is accompanied by a really load swishing noise like wind and static, sorta like a high pressure noise. very uncomfortable when it happens!! One thing about the transitional phase: When you're in it, sometimes your perceptionsa are due to the transition, and sometimes what you're tuning into is your own body's signals. What you have described sounds a little too much like a high-blood pressure situation, and the fact that you feel physical pain troubles me. Please have yourself checked for high blood pressure, even if you're young. It's easy, often free and can save your life. Please look into this.

Tom
30th December 2007, 09:13 PM
High blood pressure runs in my family, and it only takes one close relative. My dad has been on medication since he was 28 or 29 ... not sure which, but I started getting it at 28 and have been on medication for it for a while. It can be controlled in my case by getting plenty of exercise, especially of the large muscles in the legs, and by not binging on high sodium items like fries and Doritos. Black licorice was a bit of a surprise for me even though I knew it could raise blood pressure; I almost got deferred by the local blood center when I went in to donate (the diastolic, the lower number, must be at or under 100) but they let me sit for a few minutes and re-measured me with a diastolic exactly at 100. It is common for blood pressure headaches to happen starting at 140/90. A local pharmacy should be able to check your measurement. It is a good idea to go several times to get it checked at different times of the day because it could be high at night and normal in the morning, or the other way around.

micky.d
31st December 2007, 03:21 AM
mmm.. interesting, it does have a high blood pressure feeling to it however i actually verge on having too low a blood pressure if anything, like my mother, she has a very low blood pressure, my dad has a higher blood pressure, there like the opposites, however i have always been on the low side. This pressure feeling isnt frequent enough for me to worry about, its only happend like a couple of times in like 12months of experimenting with astral stuff, but my mums a nurse and so is my sister, so ill get them to check my pressure :D

SilverWarrior
31st December 2007, 08:35 PM
I suffer from low blood pressure like you mickey lol. Theres no harm in checking your health,but in my experience its not a health problem. Head pressure an sumtimes pain happens to me too,espically when i first started leaving my body purposely,but mainly when i connected to the other realm. I also get the pressure on my forehead and a tightness across it,i ask the angel or guide that im talking to,to back away a bit when this happens and the pressure and tightness eases. Its like exercising for the first time,it causes pressure,tightness etc because we are just starting to use these gifts and exploring what we can do. Its natural and will fade as you get more practise leaving your body etc. You can try this experiement next time if you like.. As your leaving your body and you get the pressure again,ask in your mind that your angel/guide eases your discomfort and maybe gives you a bit of room,also ask for their protection,note what happens after that. Asking for protection when we do anything like astral travel or linking with the other realm,is just common sense,espically while we are still learning. Let me know how you get on mate ;-)
SilverWarrior

micky.d
1st January 2008, 06:37 AM
Yeah for sure, ill keep it in mind. Its interesting because when i do get the pressure feeling in my head, it will go away as soon as i back off my concentration on exiting, so i gather it is related to the energy and exiting. Keep in mind this only happens when im dreaming and i come back to my body still in a dreamy state and then attemt to project.
I havnt been doing many obe attempts, just sticking to the energy work, get that down pat :) thanks 4 the feedback

SilverWarrior
1st January 2008, 01:07 PM
Yes,the build up of energy and the presence of other beings does tend to cause that pressure in my experience. It only happens to me during times of practising and experimenting too. Keep us updated :-D
SilverWarrior.

Aunt Clair
1st January 2008, 02:45 PM
Every now and again i will be in a dream an then be pulled back to my physical body, however im still in a "dreamy" kind of state, i will then attemp to pull myself out of body, and the other morning i did a rolling technique and i began to fully roll out of my body, however the pressure and noise i was getting in my head was INTENSE!!
I ended up just leaving it aye, cos my head felt like it was gunna explode. This has happend a few times, and its only when i am in a dreamy state, for example in a dream in the middle of the night an then somehow become semi lucid and attempt an exit.
I'v had a lot of strong exit sensations when attemting a concious exit from a waking state, but i never get the head pressure at all!

I wonder what exactly the pressure is? just energy build up? Its just such an intense pain and pressure, it doesnt scare me though 8) :D
Some things to consider with pain upon projection are ;
*blockages in the energy body
*pre kundalini event
*stress pain ie bp as suggested earlier or TMJ etc
* neg interference
etc

Ely
16th January 2008, 06:45 AM
The tightness and pressure in my forehead was one of the first "symptoms" I remember as a child. It's hurts but not in a headache sorta way, more like a squeezing and almost ready to pop sensation. I think very uncomfortable is a better word to describe mine. For YEARS I forced myself to sit up and as I thought I was dying. Many times as soon as I lay back down and relaxed to sleep, it would happen again, and again. After some research much later in life, I decided to ride it out. I literally am saying to myself for the whole 20 secs "ride it out, you are ok" and the sensation stops as abruptly as it began when I assume I have exited. I have to admit that the more I go with it, the less uncomfortable it is.
Ely

micky.d
17th January 2008, 12:02 PM
I see, yeah i think body pressure and different 'uncomfortable' sensations are common when excersisng the energy body, as in Roberts book AD, he mentioned many physical sensations and also uncomfortable sensations due to the energy body growing, just like physical growing pains you get when your working out or going through puberty.

Korpo
17th January 2008, 12:29 PM
Hello, micky.d.

My bet would be energy blockages, because they can produce many of the sensations you describe.

During the early stages of my energy work I was working with the blockages in my head and was having a hellish time. Tuning into it was like exposing myself to a tremendous pressure, like in a bench vise. I would have cold sweat and tremendous headaches, and was becoming quite afraid, too. It seemed overwhelming. I really thought I had messed up and could not endure it.

In hindsight, I was rushing into it, overdoing it, doing too much too tensely. The problem with head blockages is that we are very sensitive to them. Like a tooth ache they are almost impossible to ignore and need careful and gentle treatment.

I still carry tension blockages in my scalp, face, temples and neck. It is a long process of removing them, piece by piece, but everywhere I did so my old tension headaches I used to have before have not returned.

I personally think that if there are growing pains in energy work that these are actually lots of minor blockages getting flushed out, bit by bit, but that's just my opinion.

Take good care,
Oliver

micky.d
18th January 2008, 05:41 AM
mmm, for sure, i do agree.