PDA

View Full Version : "Band" pressure in head

simonro
14th November 2005, 08:04 PM
Second posting! I have noticed that during energy work I sometimes get a kind of pressure in my head - the best I can describe it is as if someone put an orange in my head and the resulting displacement caused a pressure, like a band around my head - not a headache and not painful, just an constant pressure. When I get this, it can stay for days or even weeks.

Should I be concerned ?
Thoughts are welcome. Thanks. :)

CFTraveler
14th November 2005, 10:00 PM
It's never happened to me but it is described as a possible side effect of energy work on the brow chakra. If you are concerned about that try grounding yourself very well and giving more attention to other areas-especially the sub-navel storage center. If you find you're having more clarivoyant visions, then good. I personally haven't had that particular feeling, but occasionally when I do the eye thing (looking at the 3d eye) it gives me a wicked headache- so I just don't do it. I figure, when I'm ready it'll "awaken".
ps. I have a bunch of clarivoyant visions when in trance anyway, so maybe mine is too sensitive. :?:

Apex
14th November 2005, 11:03 PM
As CFTraveler pointed out, this is a common side-effect of brow/third eye area work. I get this a lot and, personally, I see it as a good thing. When I feel it, I consider the third eye active and try to do stuff with it.

I see no danger in feeling it, as long it isn't stimulated to the point where it becomes painful.

simonro
15th November 2005, 05:54 AM
Thanks to both of you for your answers. Last time I had this was in the weeks before an (unexpected) OBE (last May). On that occasion I remembered the whole experience - coming back to my body I could hear a blackbird singing outside of my window at the same time as "flitting" between the astral (some park-like environment with unbeleivable coloured birds) and the physical, near to my body. As I re-integrated and woke up, my wife also woke up (very frightened) and told me she saw a ghost come through the ceiling of our bedroom - me, as it turns out. As with the other post regarding tiredness after primary centre stimulation, I think I will do more grounding and spend more time on the secondary systems.

Thanks again.

star
15th November 2005, 04:45 PM
Would you consider it true that the 3rd eye would works more effectivley when the centers below it are healthy? Just working on the brow center alone does not pull up the greatest effects for me and I contribute it to the lower chakras needing mor work.

Apex
15th November 2005, 04:47 PM
It's quite likely.

simonro
15th November 2005, 05:46 PM
I agree with your points, except that I only rarely work on the ajna chakra, except as part of the prim cent stim excercise. Mostly I work on the secondary centres (as advised in MAP and other works). I work as a technical analyst, maye too much thinking ?? Anyway, will do more grounding. Cheers :-)