PDA

View Full Version : Can't activate base chakra!

UnnamedGuy
16th November 2005, 09:44 PM
I started week 4 of MAP 3 days ago, and have stayed on the first day since I cannot get any sort of feelings from doing the excersizes outlines in the book for activating the base chakra. I do the twirling, ripping, scratching, sponging energy to it, imagining a big ball of light emerging, but nothing works. At the very least I may be getting very very slight and barley noticable buzzing or pressure, but its so slight I'm not sure if thats just normal feelings I get with meditation or not.

Also while placing my awareness down there I noticed that the muscle down there tenses up ever so slightly every single time i breath in, and no matter how hard I try to keep it relaxed I can't, I almost have to push like I'm trying to force myself to go to the bathroom, which tenses up a lot of my leg muscles to keep it relaxed for just 2-3 seconds during an inhalation.

Can anyone help me with this? I've never read anything about those specific muscles for relaxation, but assume they would be included in "total body relaxation" and am a bit aggrivated that when I can barley even notice my entire body, these 2 muscles just won't stay relaxed.

CFTraveler
16th November 2005, 09:55 PM
I have never heard of trying to relax that particular area, if anything, stimulate it. (I don't need to hardly do anything, mine just stimulates itself.) Have you tried the "old standby" of visualizing a red cord connecting it to the center of the earth, (molten iron core, hot and on fire) and trying to feel the heat coming up into the center of the chakra? Maybe "heat" sensations will be more effective than the other tactile imaging for you- if not, I have read something else that some people do (but can backfire) which is to think something sexual, then "borrow" the feeling from the 2d chakra into your base. The problem is that the sex chakra might not want to give it up- and then you have another problem. 8)

UnnamedGuy
17th November 2005, 05:07 AM
I have never heard of trying to relax that particular area, if anything, stimulate it. (I don't need to hardly do anything, mine just stimulates itself.) Have you tried the "old standby" of visualizing a red cord connecting it to the center of the earth, (molten iron core, hot and on fire) and trying to feel the heat coming up into the center of the chakra? Maybe "heat" sensations will be more effective than the other tactile imaging for you- if not, I have read something else that some people do (but can backfire) which is to think something sexual, then "borrow" the feeling from the 2d chakra into your base. The problem is that the sex chakra might not want to give it up- and then you have another problem. 8)

No i haven't tried those methods yet, I'll give the red heat thing a try(red is the color of the base chakra right?) and if all else fails after a few more days ill try that other method.

As for relaxation of those muscles I wasn't referring to doing that to stimulate the chakra, but just for the sake of relaxation. To have an OOBE every muscle has to be totally relaxed...right? Or do those muscles not count as they have a purpose being tensed, ie not going to the bathroom while out of body?

Dsmoke
17th November 2005, 07:25 PM
Try physically poking your base chakra. You'll feel silly, I know, but just try it. The aftermath of the physical sensation can trigger an increase in the energetic sensation. That's how it works for me, anyway.

CFTraveler
17th November 2005, 08:16 PM
To have an OOBE every muscle has to be totally relaxed...right? Or do those muscles not count as they have a purpose being tensed, ie not going to the bathroom while out of body?
Interesting concept- can't say I've thought of that. But it makes sense- That would be more unconfortable than tension, I would think. But if you tense-and release your muscles in groups, going from bottom(feet) up all the way to your head, systematically, it becomes a habit your brain "learns" and then it becomes easier. (Like a dance, or a martial arts form.) Years ago I was told by a psychologist that if you tensed and let go your stomach muscles 4 times(in time with your breathing) before starting the relaxation work, after about 2 months, just the act of doing the 4 abdominal breaths would start the relaxation process in your body. I'm sorry to say I didn't keep up with it so I don't know if it works. :roll:

UnnamedGuy
18th November 2005, 07:46 PM
To have an OOBE every muscle has to be totally relaxed...right? Or do those muscles not count as they have a purpose being tensed, ie not going to the bathroom while out of body?
Interesting concept- can't say I've thought of that. But it makes sense- That would be more unconfortable than tension, I would think. But if you tense-and release your muscles in groups, going from bottom(feet) up all the way to your head, systematically, it becomes a habit your brain "learns" and then it becomes easier. (Like a dance, or a martial arts form.) Years ago I was told by a psychologist that if you tensed and let go your stomach muscles 4 times(in time with your breathing) before starting the relaxation work, after about 2 months, just the act of doing the 4 abdominal breaths would start the relaxation process in your body. I'm sorry to say I didn't keep up with it so I don't know if it works. :roll:

Yea i use the count up method after some tensing of the entire body usually, and it seems to work pretty well, the relaxation goes so far as to the point where I basically forget my entire body and feel almost like "clicking out" (possibly loosening my energy body? i havent gotten to the point of reading about that yet so i dunno, but its very hard to explain), which is why I was so vexed when I realized this muscle wouldn't relax.

I talked about this with my doctor breifly, and he said that that muscle down there never does truely relax all the way, since as I thought it wouldn't be able to hold back going to the bathroom, so I guess(hope would be more likley) that it isn't needed to be relaxed fully to project.

Kalonek
21st November 2005, 09:35 AM
Hi Unnamedguy !

I had the same problem with the base chakra several years ago. It took me 2 years to activate it very easily and actually feel it as my other major chakras. The trick was to do a 3h session of energy work only on this chakra, by pulling energy into it. After this time, my chakra was burning and fully activated, and I can now stimulate it quite easily.
The base chakra is very important because it allows the energy to flow easily in the spine and to the other major chakras.

However, if you have just started energy work a few weeks ago, I don't recommand you to do like me, wait until you have 1 year or so of NEW experience to do this kind of hard work on a major chakra, otherwise it can cause you problems.