PDA

View Full Version : Bouncing and Boredom Day 10

Chococrack
18th November 2005, 07:19 PM
I'm having trouble feeling the bouncing movement in my legs and arms. I think I may have gotten the legs part, but am unsure. I do all the feet and legwork up until the bouncing, so I'm sponging right before I try to bounce. Then I start to move faster and that just feels like sponging faster, not really a bounce. But I found that if I flick my awareness to my hip or my foot, the energy "sponge" trys to play catch up and there's a type of "slinky" effect. Is this an indication of how fast the bounce should be?

Also I find that as soon as I'm done doing legwork exercises, I have to take a break because I get bored and don't feel motivated to do the hand and arms exercises. Is this normal? And are there any remedies?

Apex
18th November 2005, 08:10 PM
Personally, I just consider bouncing to be sponging in both directions. The speed of the bounce is determined by bouncing faster and faster until you find a speed that's both comfortable and natural.

Celeborn
19th November 2005, 01:16 AM
Bordom is a totally natural thing, which can strike even when the most amazing physical sensations are occuring. What is happening is that you are using your mind (and your time) in new, unaccustomed ways, and part of your mind is fighting back.

It is the same effect that occures if you have ever sat down to write a very very long essay, the day before it is due. You have to do it all in one sitting, and know that you do not have time to just walk away from it, so you must stick it out. And as you write, while the information may be interesting and you may be making good time, a part of you is still screaming out to do anything but the paper. (This is an example from my personal experience, but many others apply, such as working at any form of manual labor or factory job, where the work is mindless/repetative).

But, the more often you do this, the longer you can spend working at it, and the bordom like sensation will fade.

The key for adapting to energywork sesions is to aclament yourself in incriments. If ten minutes it mentally painful, you should then start with five minute long sesions, focusing on the mind clearing excersizes that RB offers (or zen meditation). Once you get better with this, then begin the ten minute long sessions again.

Then overtime you can slowly work your way up to longer periods, like 15, 20, or 30 minute sessions. Eventually you will even be able to manage one or two hour long meditation and energy work sessions without experiencing any boredom, but the key is gental progression. You must know your own limits, and push them little by little each day.

It is more important that you are consistant, meditating at least once per day, than that you are able to meditate or do energy work for long periods of time.

*** Besides, this problem just means that you are spending more time on your legs, which is always a good thing. Then, when manipulating the energy in your legs is VERY easy, it will be a breeze to switch over to your arms.***

Matthew
29th November 2005, 02:16 PM
Good question!
I also find bouncing to be difficult, and I experienced the same problem with my awareness skipping and producing the "slinky effect."
I found that I was trying to "see" the area my attention was moving through instead of "feeling" it. What I do now is to imagine a 2 dimensional sheet of energy bisecting my body. I start at the soles of my feet where the energy sheet parallels my soles and then I start moving it up my body (kind of like the body scan machines I've seen in some Sci-fi movies). The key for me is to "feel" the sheet moving up and down my body. It's this tactile response we are after; it helps to move energy and loosen the energy body.
Hope this helps!
-Matt

Chococrack
9th December 2005, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the tips, they've been really helpful.

I'm somewhere in the "Chakra Week" as I like to call it, I got very sidetracked and had to restart the week, so I'm re-doing everything starting with the base chakra work. I went too fast through the exercises, not giving enough practice and patience. I just want to start over and go through them slowly so I don't miss anything.

I did notice the "strobe" effect sort of while I was resting in bed this week. I was falling asleep and then it seemed I was looking at a corner of the room I was in, being on a ship I saw wires and a wire bundle holder that is welded to the wall. This seemed like I had my eyes open and it was right there, but I opened my eyes and saw only blackness. So I closed my eyes again and not too long after that I saw the same corner again, and then flashes of light, as though someone was waving a flashlight in front of my eyes, occured. I thought that someone was actually shining light outside of my rack (I live on a ship mind you) and I looked and again there was no one there and blackness. So that may not be the strobe effect but that's what I make of it.