PDA

View Full Version : Cal's spine-coiling question

Korpo
16th January 2008, 11:55 AM
Hi Robert.

Is (almost uncontrollable) physical spiraling of the spine something to do with kundalini? During this time (which lasted almost two weeks) my crown and brow centres became extremely active, the others activated as well, but not as powerfully.

There is a lot more to this but I'll keep it short, I would just like to know if it is kundalini related.

Thank you for your time.
Cal

A similar experience is related by Bruce Frantzis - Spontaneous Ba Gua. Ba Gua Chang is the 8 Trigrams Palm. It is a internal martial art based on the principles of the I Ging. Frantzis reports that for a time during his training he got period of weeks where his body would spontaneously do Ba Gua moves without him initiating them, this included coilings of the spine he did not think possible and could not reproduce on purpose.

On another note, strong energy movements can cause spasms if they hit blocked up areas. Spontaneous muscle movement, spasms, flinching. Are your spine and the muscles around your vertebrae blocked?

Take good care,
Oliver

CFTraveler
16th January 2008, 01:47 PM
If this happened physically I'd like to know if he has been seen by a medical practicioner and what they said. Did it hurt?

Cal
16th January 2008, 04:17 PM
If this happened physically I'd like to know if he has been seen by a medical practicioner and what they said. Did it hurt?

No, I haven't seen anyone. And no it wasn't painful at all, it felt really good, more than good even, my whole consciousness expanded drastically, i felt like I was... everything. I expect to be back in this state within a week.

A similar experience is related by Bruce Frantzis - Spontaneous Ba Gua. Ba Gua Chang is the 8 Trigrams Palm. It is a internal martial art based on the principles of the I Ging. Frantzis reports that for a time during his training he got period of weeks where his body would spontaneously do Ba Gua moves without him initiating them, this included coilings of the spine he did not think possible and could not reproduce on purpose.

On another note, strong energy movements can cause spasms if they hit blocked up areas. Spontaneous muscle movement, spasms, flinching. Are your spine and the muscles around your vertebrae blocked?

Yes I know those movements as Fa Jing, I saw a video on youtube and can perform them easily. It's like the force coils up from the base center (which in my awareness includes my legs and feet) it goes to the left of the base center, curls up the back diagonally to my right shoulder and then basically carries on coiling down my arm. I can replicate the movements now, because I can still feel it flowing through me, it's just nowhere near as strong as it was.

Also it was my whole body moving, not just my spine coiling, it's like my entire being was rolled up into one thing, the coiling movement of my spine, it took over everything (or more specifically I surrendered everything) it took over breathing, my eyes litterally all of me.

My spine had major flexability problems before this, the coiling literally freed it. I could feel cracking, and hear cracking, but that was only after my awareness of my back increased, softening the muscles around my spine and giving me control of them. Honestly the flexibility I have now is like nothing I thought the spine (or everything for that matter) was capable of.

I also percieved this in another way. It happened in steps, my spines flexibility and awareness increased in levels, one level at each chakra, and when my spine "broke free" at a chakra it was like my whole being shone through it and I could breath more openly in that area, like it added to me, or cleared it or opened it. This is why my centers were so active, in this state every single movement (even of the eyes and breathing) was flow of energy through all of me.

I don't get spasms anymore, enywhere, isn't that cool :)

Any idea if it's Kundalini?

Cal

Cal
23rd February 2008, 03:59 AM
Hi everyone, I just wanted to drop by and let you know (and to not leave the thread hanging) that I have found many answers to my questions.

I joined a kundalini Yahoo group called Kundalini Awakening Systems formed by a man named Chrism. He also has a site (http://www.kundaliniawakeningsystems1.com) it's the best Kundalini site I've found.

I described my experiences to on the yahoo group message board and according to him and a few others all that stuff I did with my eyes caused a powerful kundalini awakening.

Those spontaneous movements are called Kriyas, there are one or two videos on youtube showing them but they aren't very good. If I am ever to experience the full on "snake dance" again I would like to record it and send it to anyone interested (it's not going on youtube lol).

Imagine that, my kundalini awakened and I had no idea what it was. I would never have consciously meddled with my kundalini due to all I've read about it seriously messing you up and causing insanity. I suppose I can understand that now, what would someone normally think if their body was dancing like a snake all by itself? I think I see now how the ego can conflict with kundalini, if there is no ego (or not much of one at least) then it wouldn't be scared or fearing for it's sanity and resisting the kundalini's flow.

I think that if the kundalini awakens on it's own with absolutely no help (IE forced to awaken) and no ego then the process is not in any way negative or fearful, but is in fact the opposite, an amazing and beautiful experience.

However, it seems that my post on "freeing my focus" may indeed only be possible (and happen automatically) when one is ready for it. And by ready I mean empty of self, totally still inside, no or very little ego, so that doing nothing becomes doing something. Buddhism helped me a little here.

Thank you Korpo for your response to my question.

Cal

Korpo
23rd February 2008, 10:58 AM
I described my experiences to on the yahoo group message board and according to him and a few others all that stuff I did with my eyes caused a powerful kundalini awakening.

Be however aware that asking a group of individuals whose primary explanation for phenomena is Kundalini are most likely to answer - ehm - Kundalini. ;)

This doesn't mean it's Kundalini, it just is the most likely answer you will get.

Oliver

Cal
23rd February 2008, 11:50 AM

Be however aware that asking a group of individuals whose primary explanation for phenomena is Kundalini are most likely to answer - ehm - Kundalini. ;)

This doesn't mean it's Kundalini, it just is the most likely answer you will get.

Oliver

I understand, but the way I see it is they are the only ones who can answer my questions.

I'm not just believing them because I want this to be kundalini, I am genuinely interested in real answers to my questions, and I do believe that I have found my answers. I mean Chrism knew about the "snake dance", what else could that possibly be caused by if not kundalini (something which can cause ones spine to coil like a snake), he seemed to be very confident about my experiences, and all of it seemed like old news to him.

If at any time I should have reason to doubt that this is kundalini then doubt I will, it just fits so perfectly.

Thank you for your concern though.

Love and light to all
Cal