PDA

View Full Version : Your Experiences of Heaven/Mystical Experiences

ButterflyWoman
7th December 2007, 05:19 AM
I have split this from the Hell thread because it deserves it's own thread, and it was hardly noticed on the other thread.- CF

what did you experience? please post it.

Let's see. This was over twenty years ago and yet I remember it with absolute clarity. I was not particularly spiritually aware, although I've always had a fair degree of natural awareness (didn't know what it was or what it meant, though). I have, however, always been aware of (that which I perceive as being) God.

I was lying in bed, drifting off to sleep, probably praying, which mostly means talking casually to God about whatever. At that time in my life, it probably wasn't anything very enlightened (I was young and fairly material-bound). All I can say for sure is that I definitely was in bed and drifting in that "in between" state.

Next thing I knew, I was... elsewhere. There was no passage of time, it was "eternity in a moment". It's a very strange sensation the first time you experience it, the knowledge that time doesn't exist (I think it might be a bit like being weightless; the absence of something you've felt all your earthly life is very hard to describe).

Anyway, there was a golden white light, just a sort of sphere of light. Very bright, but in no way blinding. No heat. In fact, the quality of "light" is not even the right word, because "light" is something that exists in the material world. This was "like" light, and that's the closest approximation there is in material terms. I knew it was God, the Source, Brahman, whatever name you care to use. There were others around, sort of in an orbit around the light. We were aware of each other, but it didn't matter that they were there. There was no interaction between us, though I suppose there could have been if we'd wanted to communicate....

The thing is, facing the Light was pure bliss. It was like being bathed in peace, in love, in anything good you can imagine. Nothing mattered but the Light, and being in Its presence. (Which is why any others around weren't interested in communicating with each other; gazing on the Light, basking in the glow, was completely and perfectly satisfying in all ways and there was no need to communicate with anything or anyone else.)

There was communication with the Light, in a way I can't describe. A little like ripples of... sort of like thought, but nowhere near as crude as that. It was almost like... a bit like telepathy, but again, that's too crude a word. It was instantaneous, effortless, no words or emotions in the way. Perfect understanding, a perfect exchange.

I don't know how long I was there. It could have been hours of material time, or only a few seconds. Time didn't really matter, wasn't a factor at all. It was eternity in a moment.

I also don't know why I had the experience. I think there was some communication exchanged that my "true self" (higher self, soul, whatever) to which my ego was not privy. What that might be, I don't know.

Some people have said that I had an NDE, but there was absolutely no reason why that would have happened. I wasn't even ill, and the next morning I woke up like normal. I didn't "nearly die". I'm sure it was an OBE, and it was not initiated by me. At that time in my life, I didn't have even a clue what OBE was, astral projection, any of that. I was young and dysfunctional and while I was spiritually somewhat aware, I was really pretty clueless and material-bound, as I said. I can only assume that God had a reason for giving me that experience and making sure I remembered it. (For all I know, I've been there since and just don't recall it.)

So my personal view of "heaven" is simply that it is the presence of the Source. That is more satisfying and perfect than anything people can imagine with their egos. I long to go back there. I sometimes come close when I meditate, and I get flashes of bliss in my everyday life (that's a new development, and I absolutely love it and am deeply grateful), but I've not had another conscious return to that Presence. One day...

This, by the way, is another reason I don't fear death. There's nothing to fear. :)

CFTraveler
17th January 2008, 03:56 PM
I too have ideas about this stuff...BUT i'd much rather hear what you guys think about it.

some of you have had mystical experiences, as i have. what did you experience? please post it.

I'll post mine if you post yours. I split the topic but it didn't quite make it the way I wanted it to look, so sorry.

Psychotronic
17th January 2008, 07:37 PM
Mystical experiences can be a product of conscious work with psychic states, mostly in trance state. But the understanding of some memories or parts from life are mystical too. Sometimes we can spontaneously have a "mystical view" or we can some time live with this abstract view. This views were mostly guides in my life.

CFTraveler
17th January 2008, 09:28 PM
What I'm looking for is the description of a peak/mystic experience you've ever had, not the theory behind it. If you've had one, please describe it as you experienced it.

Psychotronic
18th January 2008, 01:50 PM
I described my experience in "oneness with universe". It can be mystical experience and maybe it is one of my biggest experiences. But I would say, that mystical experiences-thoughts are entire part of life. Many people have mystical experiences and they don´t know that. Somebody think, that mystical experiences can´t become in fully awake psychic state in physical.

ButterflyWoman
18th January 2008, 02:02 PM
If you've had one, please describe it as you experienced it.

I've had lots of them, actually. Not all involved a heaven type thing. In fact, I think the one up there is the only one I can think of that involved anything heavenly.

I had my first mystical experience when I was four or five years old. I was in church. It was "big church" (as I called it) rather than Sunday School, which I liked much better (hey, arts and crafts, what's not to like?), and I can't remember why I was there that day. I was standing there and I looked up at the big, very plain, wooden cross (this was a mainstream Protestant church) and I was suddenly surrounded by a golden white light, just glowing all around me. I just knew it was God. It didn't last very long, but it left a permanent impression on me.

I just sort of assumed that everyone had that sort of experience in church (in fact, I had them elsewhere sometimes, as well, but that was later on). I was sort of surprised when I found out that mystic experiences are actually not common, especially not in that particular denomination (very straight-laced, not at ALL charismatic, very orderly, etc.). :)

I appear to be a natural mystic/shaman type, according to the reading I've done on mysticism and religious ecstasy and so forth. I'm not big on labels, but it's kind of nice to know that I'm not just a random kook. I'm a special kind of kook. ;) (And God can talk to crazy people as well as to sane ones ;))

Oh, and I'm not a church-goer any more. I haven't got any particular issues with churches, per se, but organised religion is not my thing at all and hasn't been for years (I tried it again as an adult a while back and while I can appreciate some of the rituals, it's just not that worthwhile for me to bother getting up on Sunday morning).

Psychotronic
18th January 2008, 02:38 PM
Yeah, emotions - views from childhood are beatiful. Mystical experiences are very important crossroads in our growth. We can have similar views in childhood to get more understanding and it is an impulse to have open mind too.

Caelrie
18th January 2008, 07:17 PM
I had a near-death experience when I was a small child. I was in the hospital and I remember being in horrible pain, especially in my head. Then the pain seemed to recede like I was being carried away from it on an ocean current, and everything was dark. I saw a light in the distance and the current was carrying me towards it. I got to the light and touched it, and everything went white.

I found myself on a beach with a man I hadn't ever seen before. It was so beautiful, all white sand. There was a little hut there. At that point I started remembering things. It's hard to describe the process, but I have a pretty decent analogy. You know how sometimes you stopped reading a book for a long time, and one day you pick it up again and turn to your book mark? You don't remember much about the book at all, but then you start reading and within a few paragraphs it all comes back to you. You remember the whole story up to that point, whereas only seconds before you didn't.

Well it was like that. In that instant I remembered pieces of former lives, a lot of the time between my last life and this one. I recognized the beach as one of my favorite places in that realm and the hut as mine. On the ground close to us was a round reflecting pool, made of white marble. The man urged me to look into it and saw a quick review of my life so far. Since I was a small child, there wasn't really much to see.

He then explained to me that it wasn't time yet, that I was just visiting and that I'd remember all of it. He told me times ahead would be hard, that my mom was about to die and my dad wouldn't be able to keep us (my brother and me). Then he hugged me and I was back in my body, in extreme pain again.

Psychotronic
18th January 2008, 08:24 PM
Do you think you were percieving memories from last life? It could be unconscious protective mechanism - NDE. I think it has relationship to healing body, and to ignore pain.

I had not NDE, but I had very helpful experiences in critical season of my life - 2 months of mystical thinking. It was something strange, I remember childhood again and I could see my whole life with overview and understanding. Every day it was another mystical thoughts I had this 2 months. It was crazy era, my mind was totally confused and was unconsciously receiving mystical understanding. Now I am compacted with full power. :D

So, mystical sphere of thinking is something we use, if we want to change our lifestyles to something more ... :D

Caelrie
18th January 2008, 09:05 PM
Do you think you were percieving memories from last life?

No, I was there. The things the man told me came true as well. 3 years later my mom died and we were shipped off to my uncle.

Aunt Clair
20th January 2008, 02:27 AM
In the Heavens I have seen ;
Temples and Mansions of many sorts
Valhallah
Asgard
The pillar of Godhead including an image of self and multple Gods and Goddesses
Garden of Sorrows
Deceased Children's Carnival
Gate of Justice
Gate of Love and Unfinished business
Gate of Truth and the pond of golden light
Gate of Healing and Summerland and Meditation Gardens
Shamballah teaching realms
Homes of the deceased spirits
etc .

My most memorable time was projecting to my grandmother's home in spirit world and meeting my father there and helping him to manifest a home beside my grandmother . I began a home for myself there too .My grandfather wanted to look at the mountains my grandmother wanted the sea so they morphed their block of land in spirit to look at both from the back yard yet the neighbour has rolling hills behind their home .

I toured a home that was so well manifested that you could touch and pick up objects . In that realm I was the ghost .

My father and grandmother visit often . I am frustrated by my abilities to interact with them . They do not speak as well as the teaching spirits do and they do not seem to hear as well either . I want to develop my ability to hear them better and to communicate with spirits . I believe all humans can cross the rainbow bridge and ascend to the Higher Planes to see the afterlife realms called Heaven . Robert Monroe wrote credible stories regardign his visits there .

Psychotronic
20th January 2008, 02:36 AM
You have very interesting experiences. I am considering to be envious. :D I thought, that ghosts and other beings are very communicative. When I met them, we were using telepathy with no problem and they were constantly speaking-thinking. Maybe ghosts you met were a bit bigheaded. :D

Aunt Clair
20th January 2008, 11:29 AM
I do speak to spirit but not all of them can communicate with me . Teaching spirits and angels are easier to communicate with then my relatives . The realm which we meet them in , our vibration and theirs may constrain us .

Psychotronic
20th January 2008, 12:00 PM
Maybe if you want to contact them and you are going to appear there, it isn´t something fully natural for them. From my view mostly they were contacting me, so it is natural, we are on the right vibration sphere, so communication can be OK. If I am spamming their spheres and I want to tune into its vibration, I haven´t enough abilities, so it is innatural action. They must know the right thing to do in all cases. They don´t have to hear our poor thoughts too. :)

CFTraveler
20th January 2008, 07:10 PM
"spamming their spheres". I like that. :)

star
28th January 2008, 12:09 AM
Hit up my higher self and it pulled me up into it. I Started laughing. Full belly laughs. The whole apartment complex probably heard me. I was rolling around the floor, bumping into things, laughing. My mind balanced out - I started acting a bit randomly, or perhaps more insipired. Lots cleared out - went for a more powerful energy after that and my crown hurts now. Slept much of today away. Good times. When I would stop laughing I would go into very very peaceful/calm states.

LuXFluX
28th January 2008, 03:06 AM
I'd forgotten about this experience totally until I saw this just now. Strange how one can forget the most powerful of things...

I was doing shamanic energy retrieval, which meant sitting on a chair in my garage and going through a ritual procedure. This was perhaps....2 years ago I think. I'd done it many times before and had pretty powerful experiences, but this one was much more than I'd hoped. As I was sitting and preparing to mentally travel to the higher planes(which was something that was purely a mental visualization for me usually, though still quite powerful) I felt my whole body turn a 180. My eyes were closed, but I felt that my head was pointing near the floor. I then felt a tremendous amount of pressure in my legs as if I was pushing VERY hard on the floor. I suddenly had the realization that I was traveling at a very high speed, but this was intuitive. I saw myself, and felt myself, being pulled up a light tunnel. It was really scary but....I wasn't afraid. It was strange to experience.

When I got to the top of the tunnel....I felt pure *terror*. But only for a moment. I was in front of a being I could only still describe as God himself. He looked like Jesus. I got the feeling that he/she/it did that so I could actually have a representation of what they really were. And for a split second, I realized that this being was so powerful, and saw *everything* about me at once, and could crush me like a fly. But then I felt pure acceptance, and pure light. It was very powerful, so much so I can't really explain the feeling. It was....total acceptance, and I was shocked considering what it saw. But....then it stood in front of me, and I saw a golden cup pouring golden liquid light all over me and the world and I heard the voice of....well God I suppose, and it said "Never worry. It is my joy to pour out my blessings on the world indiscriminately, simply because I can. You need never fear me. It is my joy to serve you...." It was highly....embarassing. But I was overjoyed. Overjoyed that this being seemed to love me like no other could...because he saw EVERYTHING. Things I still am not aware of that were just....ugly. And there was no judgement. There was only mercy.

After that, I had a month where I was powerfully mystic. I had intuitions about almost everything that were stunning in how accurate they were. I spontaneously knew about the meridians in the body, I healed peoples energy so easily....and I knew I could do it. I became extremely charismatic around others. I drew experiences to me in ways that were strange, but always effortless and very fast. It faded for reasons I can't seem to remember. I saw omens in nature that were uncommunicable but always right. Time seemed to flow backwards in a sense....I knew before I did, and remembered why after. It was intense. Odd, and rather fascinating, that I forgot this whole experience.

Hmm...was about to post this but now I remember why it ended. Thought it may be of some interest for some people here. I remember thinking that I enjoyed being this person, but that I didn't feel ready to completely disown my old self. I felt that I wanted to integrate this into my whole self rather than just die as a person. It seems this is what I have been doing for two years. I probably forgot this decision on purpose. Though there must be a reason I am remembering it now!

alwayson4
23rd February 2008, 02:39 AM
what is shamanic energy retrieval? What were you doing in your garage?

VioletImagery
30th November 2008, 04:05 AM
I'm new to the forum, and I haven't introduced myself yet so I guess this is as good of an introduction as any. The reason I'm here is pretty much because of the mystical experience I had when I was a child (about 7 or 8 years old), but it wasn't until recently that I re-remembered it. For a long time I didn't think about it or feel at all spiritual and it is only within the last few months that I've really started to re-develop my interest in these things (I'm 24 now). I know I used to be able to recall more details about this experience when I was young, but I will share as much of the story as I can.

I was asleep and dreaming. It seemed pretty much like a normal dream for me except maybe slightly more realistic. I think I must have had pretty frequent OBEs when I was a kid. A spirit/angel of some sort came to get me. I couldn't actually see her, I just felt her presence, but I got a sense of what she would look like if she was a person. She would be short, average build, with chin-length brown hair and her name would be Linda. She would have been wearing a long cream colored robe and a silver headband. She took me over to a tower that seemed to be made out of futuristic scaffolding. In the middle of the tower was an elevator platform. We stepped onto it and began to ascended the tower. Along the way my guide communicated tons of information to me. Unfortunately, I don't remember any of it now, but it probably would have been very useful! Part of it too was because I was a little kid and I just wasn't paying that much attention. I was too busy trying to look around. We passed by the levels of the tower too fast for me to really see anything though and I don't recall now any of the glimpses that I did get. After quite a long ride we arrived at the top or almost the top of the tower. At this level there was quite a large gap between the platform and the floor of the tower. I felt or my guide warned me that if I was to fall through the gap, I would die in real life. I was a little scared to jump across, but my guide said I could make it and I wouldn't fall. I jumped across and made it to the other side just fine. I went over to the edge of the tower and peered through one of the large gaps in the wall to see how high up were were. We were so high up that a long way down the lower part of the tower just seemed to disappear into whitish mist and I couldn't see the ground. I started messing around on the bars that made up the wall and my guide warned me again not to fall. And she told me to pay attention she had something important to tell me. I don't remember her exact message anymore, but I do remember that it was some sort of prediction that didn't seem to make any sense. I can post a little more detail about this part in the dreaming forum in case anyone wants to try interpreting it. The whole time I was on the top level of the tower, I sensed some other spirits/angels observing me and it seemed like I was being evaluated somehow, but they didn't communicate with me. That seemed to be the main reason my guide had brought me to this place so now it was time to go back. On the way back to the elevator platform, we passed a door that I hadn't noticed before. I wanted to know what was behind the door and she said it wasn't time for me to go there yet, but she made the door transparent so I could see. Behind the door was a sphere of golden light that was emanating pure love. I wanted more than anything to go into the light and be surrounded by it, but I was stopped by the invisible door. I began to get frustrated and frantically tried to force my way in. When that didn't work, I begged my guide to let me through, but she remained firm and just repeated that it wasn't time yet. She made the door visible again which cut off the feeling of pure unconditional love. I felt terribly, terribly homesick. My guide said it was time to go. I followed her onto the elevator platform again anticipating a long ride down, but returning to the ground was almost instant and as soon as the platform touched down I woke up. Instead of still feeling homesick though, I felt totally content with everything and was even able to bring back a little bit of the feeling I had had of being loved completely and unconditionally. For several months after that dream I was able to bring back that feeling at will, but after that it started to fade.