PDA

View Full Version : Affecting random number generators?

magic
17th January 2008, 04:59 PM
Just wanted to ask If it is possible to affect a random number generator by the mind?
I´m playing a game at the Internet which you can win money on.

I can be run by itself.
When I´m looking at the game I always seem to loose or stay even, but when I´m not there I always go up and win alot of money.
Can I involuntarily affect the random number generator used in the game by accident?

/Magic

Korpo
17th January 2008, 05:03 PM
Events that seem to follow rather random patterns seem to be most easily influenced. The more determined an outcome is, the harder it is to change. Experiments in influencing randomly generated events exist, but this can backfire - some people influence the event only to lose more often. This is just as significant a deviation from the expected average than the other way round, but surely not very helpful.

Oliver

CFTraveler
17th January 2008, 05:18 PM
My interest in RNG's is in their reactive qualities- if you can detect a change in the randomness then you can be aware of something that's going to happen in a large scale. Interesting at the least. Of course, most people get 'feelings', but having something like that to back them up can be interesting.

magic
17th January 2008, 07:48 PM
Is there any RNG program where you can try and affect the results?

Psychotronic
17th January 2008, 07:58 PM
This experiment must has strong relationship to methods of generating numbers. Do anybody know concrete methods? In some energetic spheres it can be successful.

al.luciddreamer
18th January 2008, 05:52 AM
You should check this out:

The Global Consciousness Project (http://noosphere.princeton.edu/)

vipah
14th March 2008, 06:38 AM
I actually can affect numbers but only when i concentrate and put some will behind my thoughts.

For example my internet connection. It is usually stable but at will and thought with concentration i can increase it by a tremendous amount and vice versa.

Maybe if you concentrate and have some will with power of thought, you can achieve it.

Its just a comment. I dont know if it will work but it works for me.

Hibby
14th April 2008, 05:48 AM
There’s actually a lot of sites on the internet that allows you to test/train this ability.
I remember reading this book about the third eye, and it says something about how God created the world with words, and that humans was at one point also able to affect reality by simply speaking words. But of course has diminished over time. I think the ability to affect a random number generator is similar to this one or even the same.
Well, that would also help explain why people find success by talking about themselves in the mirror besides from the psychological standpoint.

Well since this is an ability that uses will to affect reality, i was just wondering if it is affected by the number of people living on earth.
What i am thinking now is that, reality is like a pond of consciousness. Where each individual occupies some amount in percentage of volume in that pond. As the pond gets bigger or shared between individuals, the effect that the person's will has on this pond diminishes as he/she vibrates the particles that is controlled by the person's will.
Well, something like that would explain why our ability to affect the physical world to lessen.

CFTraveler
14th April 2008, 12:41 PM
There’s actually a lot of sites on the internet that allows you to test/train this ability.
I remember reading this book about the third eye, and it says something about how God created the world with words, and that humans was at one point also able to affect reality by simply speaking words. But of course has diminished over time. I think the ability to affect a random number generator is similar to this one or even the same.
Well, that would also help explain why people find success by talking about themselves in the mirror besides from the psychological standpoint.

Well since this is an ability that uses will to affect reality, i was just wondering if it is affected by the number of people living on earth.
What i am thinking now is that, reality is like a pond of consciousness. Where each individual occupies some amount in percentage of volume in that pond. As the pond gets bigger or shared between individuals, the effect that the person's will has on this pond diminishes as he/she vibrates the particles that is controlled by the person's will.
Well, something like that would explain why our ability to affect the physical world to lessen. I believe I read somewhere that numbers are relevant, that it has to be a certain percentage of the population, making it a 'local' phenomenon. However, it was a long time ago and I don't know if they've discovered otherwise.
This would explain why magic works better in some places than others. Local belief plays a part in the outcome.

nightdrift17
21st April 2008, 06:58 PM
Just in case someone wants a random generator application I just made one for fun. Here's the link
[link removed - you must have 20 posts before posting links, or have permission from the administration]
its only 100kb so its not big.
If you use this, and want it to do something else, just tell me.

Here's the code if someone's interested in c++. Its a very simple program.

#include <iostream.h>
#include <time.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <conio.h>

void main()
{cout<<"Press 1, and maybe keep it pressed for some time.\n";
int s1=0,s2=0;int c=0;
randomize();
while(1)
{char x;
x=getch();

if(x=='1')
{
s1=random(3)-1; s2+=s1;
cout<<++c<<".you: "<<s1<<"score: "<<s2<<endl;
}

}
}

Chris_com28
13th July 2008, 04:22 PM
From what I've read a program wouldn't be random. A truely RNG would have to be something based on radioactive decay, since that's completely random. Though a psuedo RNG could have some use, it's not as good as the real thing.

Hibby
22nd July 2008, 03:34 PM
now that you mention it, for this experiment to work either you have to send the command (subconsciously or consciously) for the action that would influence the random number generator in that way, such as for a ball lottery you'd have to make them bounce a certain way so that the number you desire will come out. meaning somewhere in your mind you need to know what force to apply to which ball to cause the right ball to come out. Or unless the world understands your desires and makes the necessary action to produce it. It could mean different types of random number generator could be harder or easier to influence.

sleeper
22nd July 2008, 05:36 PM
I've read a lot of reports that reference studies where random number generators were influenced by "thought."

But, I've never found any successful study that left a report behind - only hearsay - except for one study, which is old (from the early 1970's, i think) and it reported something like a 1.2% success rate - so I'm not sure what stance to take on this. 1.2% success is significant, if it was a good study. But scientifically speaking, I suspect that this kind of study is hard to pull off in any convincing way. There was a show on PBS some years ago that showcased a study that got great results with this, however, that study was heavily criticized for the quality of their random number generators. First of all, the random number generators in computers are far less random than dice or any real-life objects. so the random number generators themselves have to be tested, ran, recorded, and it has to be a very large data sample to have any value. Then the thought participants have to produce a sample of similarly large size, which has problems of it's own. Anyone who gambles should know that thinking the number "7" or "11" for more than a few minutes is mentally exhausting. AP'ers know that focusing on any thing in any intense way is very difficult and can be exhausting. So it's hard to produce a large data sample with this study, if you're giving people the breaks they need. If you don't give them breaks, you know that their minds are going to wander and they may even fall asleep, and you get bad data.

Looking at a manifesting perspective, the thought that manifests is the intent, not the successive thoughts. So getting a "7" or "21" to manifest is very very near very impossible (from my perspective), though others will certainly disagree. This is how I see it: Both the universe and our higher selves know what's best for us. so when we manifest a thought, such as "lots of money," we are sending it through the void, to our higher aspects (the universe, if you will), who (seeing and controlling things from a much larger perspective) we want to manipulate a particular event - a lottery or something, to give us what we want. It's like throwing a boomerang to the fringes of existence, with perfect aim, so it comes back and hits the slot machine in the sweet spot that makes the jackpot hit. so it requires high precision, powerful intent, etc., but that's not really a big deal, because the universe is powerful. The hard part here would be getting our desire (of lots of money) out of the way so that our intent (for lots of money) could manifest.

From a personal power perspective, there are those rare magical moments, where we are operating on a perfectly attuned mental frequency and for short periods of time, get everything we want. Perhaps a properly focused and attuned person would be able to stay in this state, and use personal mental power to affect the program directly, idk.

I have never tried any of this, i'm just guessing.

CFTraveler
22nd July 2008, 05:53 PM
To add to that, the wish "lots of money" can be generated by the desire for security- to know that the rent/mortgage will be paid, belly full, that great new TV, to know that there doesn't have to be anything to worry about from the perspective of 'having what you need and a little bit more to enjoy life'. And this need can be met in many other ways than to win the lottery- making the options a lot larger for the universe to fill.
Something to think about.