PDA

View Full Version : Foot cramps... ouch!

Abe
19th January 2008, 09:29 PM
I'm sure the answer to my problem is around here somewhere, but I sure can't find it.

I'm on Day 7. After my energy work today my feet began cramping horribly, on both feet. This happened to a lesser degree yesterday also, but only on the left foot and not as severe. The sensations I experience from working on my feet feel strong, but good, and they are never unpleasant. There is only discomfort after I'm finished.

I'm assuming this is happening because there is just more energy going through my feet now, is this correct? What should I do to make sure this stops happening or to lessen the severity of the cramping? I've considered other reasons for why this might be happening, but can't think of anything else that I'm doing differently and I'm pretty healthy as far as I know. :)

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Krystal

CFTraveler
20th January 2008, 02:09 AM
About the only thing I can come up with is that you're possibly tensing your feet when you do the energy work, and it's causing cramping. Blockages, I suppose could also, but other than that I don't know.
Robert always recommends stopping work and waiting 'til it feels better on the area, I would add do some epsom salt soaks on hot-tish water to relax them. Hot enough to feel good, is what I mean to say.

Korpo
22nd January 2008, 12:39 PM
After my energy work today my feet began cramping horribly, on both feet. This happened to a lesser degree yesterday also, but only on the left foot and not as severe. The sensations I experience from working on my feet feel strong, but good, and they are never unpleasant. There is only discomfort after I'm finished.

IMO both the fact that you have strong sensations and that you have "strong sensations" point to blockages in your feet. Leading more energy through blocked muscles may lead to spontaneous tightening, cramping, slight spasms - all uncomfortable, but not dangerous. A more gentle approach like using Robert's "NEW Etheric Wrap" on the whole foot may help reduce this. See the tutorials for details.

When I started doing energy work, it all worked fine, but when I put myself in a trance, lying on my bed, the energy got flowing and my more blocked right leg would spasm and bounce up in the air! Very distracting, but neither dangerous or permanent. Just do gentle work on the blockages, that's all.

I'm assuming this is happening because there is just more energy going through my feet now, is this correct?

My personal opinion is that more energy meets a blocked muscle. The muscle is - because of the energy blockage - tense and already cramping into itself. Like twisted, or wound. Now you add more energy into the muscle, increasing that tendency to cramp. Like you would exert energy to move your arm, but this time you involuntarily exert it to spasm.

Part of that should help flush the muscle, but IMO very often the harder you push the more spasm you get and on top of that the constriction through the spasm diminishes energy flow. If you work with your awareness gently there you maximise energy flow that dissolves the blockage while avoiding cramping. It's the balance you have to find between having full effect and still staying relaxed.

I've considered other reasons for why this might be happening, but can't think of anything else that I'm doing differently and I'm pretty healthy as far as I know. :)

Body-stored tension exists in all of us, and the legs suffer more strongly because of our sedentiary life styles. Even in healthy people, but much less.

Take good care,
Oliver

Abe
23rd January 2008, 10:06 PM
Thank you both for the advice. I've been soaking, massaging and generally trying to relax my feet and using the NEW wrapping technique and the cramping has eased up a lot. I'm continuing to work out the tension there and hopefully getting rid of blockages and just praying it doesn't come back.

Again, thanks for the help. :)

Krystal