PDA

View Full Version : million dollar challenge

U-Mos
21st January 2008, 02:44 AM
"why hasn't any one claimed their million dollars"

♥♥♥♥♥ .org/ research/ index.html

so this is a common comeback. so why is this so? is there any merit to this argument? ext.

well i'm asking this because some one said that one of the requirements of the million dollar challenge is that they have to be some one famous or respectable ext. so is that true?

EDITING NOTE: I've adjusted the URL so as not to have a "bread trail" in the logs of the ♥♥♥♥ site.

ButterflyWoman
21st January 2008, 03:20 AM
One of the stipulations is that if James ♥♥♥♥♥ can duplicate the results by trickery, it won't count. I think that's a lot of it right there, and while I understand why the stipulation exists, it's kind of counter-productive. You can do all KINDS of stuff with trickery. It proves nothing at all about the reality or lack of reality of psychic phenomena.

Also, according to the ♥♥♥♥ site (which I won't link because I don't want to give them any traffic; just Google it), no applicant has passed the preliminary tests. I have no idea what those tests are, but there you have it.

I also strongly suspect that working psychics have better things to do with their time than muck around with James ♥♥♥♥♥. He's not exactly the nicest person in the world. He engages in name calling and openly labels people "frauds" and other such things, and while he's free to have his own opinions, he's not someone that most people would want to engage with, I don't think (well, unless you were a similarly minded naysayer). I know I certainly wouldn't want to deal with him (and I'm not even claiming to be psychic).

Although, in doing that Google, it seems that the offer is being discontinued, anyway. I will give a link to that article, because it's not on James ♥♥♥♥♥'s site. ;)

http://www.mind-energy.net/archives/268 ... inued.html (http://www.mind-energy.net/archives/268-The-♥♥♥♥-Million-Dollar-challenge-to-be-discontinued.html)

Another interesting read:

http://www.mind-energy.net/archives/163 ... lenge.html (http://www.mind-energy.net/archives/163-About-the-James-♥♥♥♥♥-Million-dollar-challenge.html)

Note that I have no affiliation with that website nor can I vouch for their integrity. I just found the material interesting to read.

JoSac
23rd January 2008, 10:59 PM
I'd like to prove him worng and be like "where's my money".

But i bet even if u did do something sucessful, they will find a way to deny it.

JS

Korpo
24th January 2008, 10:12 AM
The problem here is that the challenge is not honest. You can be honest, and do something psychic, and they are allowed to use tricks. It's the kind of contest one does not better compete in.

Oliver

Caelrie
24th January 2008, 06:03 PM
You don't get a million dollars anyway. You get a 50 year bond, meaning most developed psychics will be dead before it ever matures so they can use it. You also have to sign a contract allowing Randy to exploit you and promote you for that 50 years.

JoSac
26th January 2008, 04:22 AM
Ya theres always little cathes to those things.

If its a millon dollar challege, and i win, just give me the million right there, cash please. Same with the lottery.

JS

kiwibonga
26th January 2008, 06:08 AM
Think of the money you'll earn from media appeareances... It can quickly amount to more than a million...

Caelrie
26th January 2008, 07:18 AM
Think of the money you'll earn from media appeareances... It can quickly amount to more than a million...
You have to give that to ♥♥♥♥♥. It's how he gets repaid for the bond.

kiwibonga
26th January 2008, 06:46 PM

Not if he doesn't pay, as people here claimed... If you're not paid the full million within 10 days, as they plainly state on their website, there's been a breach of contract, and they have no right over you.

But I wasn't able to find anything about an obligation to pay all money earned through media appearances to ♥♥♥♥♥... Where did you find it? As far as I can see, you get your million dollars, and then it's over... No finder's fees or commissions...

Caelrie
26th January 2008, 09:26 PM

Not if he doesn't pay, as people here claimed... If you're not paid the full million within 10 days, as they plainly state on their website, there's been a breach of contract, and they have no right over you.

But I wasn't able to find anything about an obligation to pay all money earned through media appearances to ♥♥♥♥♥... Where did you find it? As far as I can see, you get your million dollars, and then it's over... No finder's fees or commissions...
Write to him and ask for the application. It's full of all kinds of fun. As for the million dollars, it's what I said it was. You get a bond that takes 50 years to mature. Technically he's paid you the million, but you can't even cash it.

JoSac
27th January 2008, 05:30 PM
Even if he were to give a a million dollar check, you will still get taxed for cashing it, probably like 20,000.

JS