PDA

View Full Version : Third eye

Caelrie
21st January 2008, 06:44 AM
Is the third eye the same thing as the brow center? Or are they different?

Tom
21st January 2008, 09:32 AM
That depends on whom you ask. Do you have a particular system in mind? The answer won't just vary between yes and no, either. Some of the explanations for the third eye can get really interesting.

How are you doing developing yours?

Psychotronic
21st January 2008, 04:08 PM
Third eye is useful in concentrating consciousness into something. If I am concentrating consciousness into something in space(3D, other too.), third eye is doing it, because it has control of concentration to senses and percieving information. Third eye is something between you and surroundings, so it is another sense. It is useful in many other things, mostly working with concentration into something.

Caelrie
21st January 2008, 06:54 PM
That depends on whom you ask. Do you have a particular system in mind? The answer won't just vary between yes and no, either. Some of the explanations for the third eye can get really interesting.

How are you doing developing yours?
Well, I'm just getting started with this NEW stuff. I've been doing it for a little over a month, I suppose. Maybe closer to two months. I've been working on my feet a LOT, and some on my hands, and I just started with my base center, which activated nicely after a few tries. A little bit each session I do Robert's techniques on my brow center, because I really want to develop that one. I do the tearing action, the expanding energy ball, the moving balls forward/backward and side to side, the stirring action and the breathing purple air through the area exercise.

I've been trying those now for about 4 days, I guess. So far I'm just getting really heavy pressure sensations, like a fat lady is sitting on my forehead, but all in that one area. It'll activate sooner or later.

Clair suggested that to open the eye I start trying to "see" when I meditate. So I'm doing that. She told me it's not blocked because of trauma or bad energies or whatnot, but instead because at some point I chose to close it to stop seeing. I'm trying to learn why I did that, but in the mean time I'm trying to reopen it.

CFTraveler
21st January 2008, 07:07 PM
If the pressure becomes unmanageable (i.e. painful) add base chakra work to your routine when you're working on your third eye. It helps.

Caelrie
21st January 2008, 07:52 PM
If the pressure becomes unmanageable (i.e. painful) add base chakra work to your routine when you're working on your third eye. It helps.
Yah, I'm already doing that. Any work I do on that center is preceded by work on my base center, in the same session.

Caelrie
22nd January 2008, 12:24 AM
Hmm, after today I'm thinking that the brow center and the third eye aren't the same thing. I did my normal NEW exercises and today the pressure in my brow center was gone. In its place was the nice, gentle tingling I expected sooner or later. So I stimulated it for a while and then decided to try the exercise Bardon lists for opening the eye, the one about drawing all-seeing god-energy into your head and then compressing it into your eyes and holding it there for 10 minutes. After about a minute of that, I got major pressure sensations again, but it was behind my forehead and eyes, almost like a sinus headache. All the while my brow center continued to tingle.

So I guess that answers my question!

CFTraveler
22nd January 2008, 02:56 AM
Some people believe the third eye is the pineal gland, which is in the middle of the head. I think somewhere Robert wrote about it as part of a network in your head- I don't remember if the third eye is part of the forehead network or the opposite.
Just keeping things confusing! :lol: I'm sure the info is here somewhere. :D

Caelrie
22nd January 2008, 05:08 AM
Yah, it seems pretty obvious to me after playing around a little that they're part of the same network.

Korpo
22nd January 2008, 10:25 AM
Aunt Clair wrote about a network of secondary centers that contribute to the Third Eye in the facial region and throughout the head.

While the point associated with the third eye is said to be the forehead, the chakras IIRC connect into the central channel. IMO this is where they interconnect, within the brain, with the pineal gland.

Take good care,
Oliver

Caelrie
22nd January 2008, 02:44 PM
Ow ow ow! Guess I'll lay off that eye exercise for a few days. I woke up in the middle of the night, in the midst of some dream where this guy in Michigan, of all places, was attempting to teach me about 12 points of shamanism, with a splitting headache right in between my brows. Ouch. I ended up taking a bath to dump the excess energy.

CFTraveler
22nd January 2008, 04:16 PM
I'm one of those people who gets headaches when I work on my third eye, which is why I rarely do.
Soak your feet in as hot a water as you can handle- it's like a 'miracle remedy' for this for me. You can also dump it out that way as you do it.

Caelrie
22nd January 2008, 07:47 PM
I'm one of those people who gets headaches when I work on my third eye, which is why I rarely do.
Soak your feet in as hot a water as you can handle- it's like a 'miracle remedy' for this for me. You can also dump it out that way as you do it.
I'll give that a try.

The headache for you doesn't stop happening as your "mental muscle" gets more accustomed to being worked?

CFTraveler
22nd January 2008, 07:58 PM
It gets better, but not completely ok yet. Maybe in a few years- I'm one of these people that need to ground a lot.

Tom
22nd January 2008, 08:17 PM
When you look at something with your eyes, you can stare intently at it with a hard focus, as though you are going out and touching the thing with your eyes. This results in losing energy and tiring youself out and getting a headache. You could just rely on the fact that you can see - allow the light to come to you, keep a soft gaze and just be aware of what you are seeing. Same thing with concentration. Keep a tiny bit of awareness in the third eye at all times during regular activity, but keep it soft and unfocused. Save hard concentration for when you actually need it. Even during your regular practice session, allow your meditation technique to happen on its own and just watch it.

Caelrie
22nd January 2008, 08:43 PM
I think I just overdid it. I meant to only do it for ten minutes, like Bardon suggested. But I lost track of time and when I thought it had been about ten minutes and broke my trance, two hours had passed.

CFTraveler
22nd January 2008, 09:20 PM
two hours had passed.
:shock:

Caelrie
22nd January 2008, 09:47 PM
I'm trying that foot bath thing right now and it's really helping. Thanks, CF.

CFTraveler
22nd January 2008, 11:30 PM
Glad to help.

Korpo
23rd January 2008, 08:40 AM
I think I just overdid it. I meant to only do it for ten minutes, like Bardon suggested. But I lost track of time and when I thought it had been about ten minutes and broke my trance, two hours had passed.

Setting an alarm timer might be a good idea. :D

Oliver

Caelrie
23rd January 2008, 08:44 AM

Setting an alarm timer might be a good idea. :D

Oliver
LOL my thoughts exactly. Next time I do it I'm definitely setting a timer.

Caelrie
23rd January 2008, 07:29 PM
Hmm, ever since this rather painful incident, I've been attaining lucidity in my dreams without even trying. That's new for me. I always had to use some sort of trick like reality checking to attain lucidity before. I hope this continues! One piece of weirdness pops up, though. I call out to a guide and ask to speak to him or her, and a man shows up. Thing is, although I can remember the rest of the dream with ease, I can't seem to remember what it is he tells me. I dunno what to think of that.

Korpo
24th January 2008, 09:20 AM
Two suggestions:

Write down everything you can remember about that dream. Then sit down, and try to remember every experience within the dream. What you saw. What you heared. What you ... smelled? Tune into it more and more until you start reliving it more and more. Relive it back to the point you missed. If you perceive something, snap out of it, write it down, start over. This is similar to what Bruce Moen recommends for memories lost in "state-specific memory", for trance, dream, phasing and projection experiences. In order to remember you often have to remember your way back into the state, to tune in.

Sometimes we experience a clickout. Then it may just be that the actual experience will download and be available in the right time when you are ready, if the above does not help.

Take good care,
Oliver

Caelrie
28th January 2008, 09:38 PM
Thanks, Korpo. I tried your suggestions, but they didn't help. Like you say, I'll probably remember it sometime in the future.

As an update, my lucidity in dreaming stopped. I still haven't started working on that center again yet, trying to give it time to do what it's going to do and balance out. I'm experiencing some pretty dramatic side effects, though. On the positive side (maybe, I dunno), I'm starting to "see" things every time I lie down. They only last about a second each time, but I'm getting extremely vivid scenes of people or places. I don't seem to have much control over it, and it's definitely not hypnagogics, because I know what those look and feel like and while it's happening I can feel the pressure on my third eye again. I'm slowly getting the idea that it's actually me breaking off the visions because even though it keeps happening, the realness of it startles me each time and I pull away. It feels like remote viewing.

Along the same lines, I'm starting to hear things too. Couple nights ago I heard a man in my bedroom whining that he was always hungry. I've also heard very non-human voices talking about me or discussing me. These things I'm hearing never talk TO me though.

On the bad side, I could use some advice from those of you more experienced with this stuff. It's really wiping me out. I'm sleeping nearly all of my free time away and I'm still tired anyway. I try to raise energy and then leave it in my sub-naval center to help mitigate it, but it's not really helping. I still make sure to work on my hands and feet, arms and legs every day, and my base center, but I'm not sure that's doing anything to help this. Is this going to go away once the energy pathways I've activated stop drawing so much juice? Is there anything else I can do to mitigate this exhaustion?

CFTraveler
28th January 2008, 10:05 PM
Thanks, Korpo. I tried your suggestions, but they didn't help. Like you say, I'll probably remember it sometime in the future.

As an update, my lucidity in dreaming stopped. I still haven't started working on that center again yet, trying to give it time to do what it's going to do and balance out. I'm experiencing some pretty dramatic side effects, though. On the positive side (maybe, I dunno), I'm starting to "see" things every time I lie down. They only last about a second each time, but I'm getting extremely vivid scenes of people or places. I don't seem to have much control over it, and it's definitely not hypnagogics, because I know what those look and feel like and while it's happening I can feel the pressure on my third eye again. I'm slowly getting the idea that it's actually me breaking off the visions because even though it keeps happening, the realness of it startles me each time and I pull away. It feels like remote viewing.
It is. This happens to me when I do short meditations. I spoke to Robert about this last year, and he told me they're mini-OBEs. You're there for a millisecond and then you're here. Sometimes three and four times. This used to surprise me but I'm now used to it. It's just development happening. This is accompanied with your next symptom.

Along the same lines, I'm starting to hear things too. Couple nights ago I heard a man in my bedroom whining that he was always hungry. I've also heard very non-human voices talking about me or discussing me. These things I'm hearing never talk TO me though. This also happens to me when I have the mini-OBEs. I have also, from observing (or 'paying attention') have isolated about three voices now, and they are now starting to talk to me. It's almost like you're eavesdropping, but it's just development also. After about a year of this, I've begun to see who it is when I project. Imagine having guides and not noticing them until 15 years later! The more you notice the more you will be able to discern the guides from just noise. The good news (maybe) it's that this doesn't happen all the time- you go through waves of this happening more than other times, and other more 'normal' projections happen at other times. At least it does for me.

On the bad side, I could use some advice from those of you more experienced with this stuff. It's really wiping me out. I'm sleeping nearly all of my free time away and I'm still tired anyway. I try to raise energy and then leave it in my sub-naval center to help mitigate it, but it's not really helping. I still make sure to work on my hands and feet, arms and legs every day, and my base center, but I'm not sure that's doing anything to help this. Is this going to go away once the energy pathways I've activated stop drawing so much juice? Is there anything else I can do to mitigate this exhaustion? Sleep a lot and keep energy raising. And if you're as exhausted as you sound (whew!) supplement your diet (omega 3 works for me) and stop doing any type of meditative work (energy work is fine) for a few weeks- when you sleep, welcome unconsciousness. No trying to recall dreams, no introspective work. If you can do it.
This will pass, I promise.

Caelrie
28th January 2008, 10:28 PM
Thanks, CT.