PDA

View Full Version : Melting hands

Xap
10th June 2005, 02:51 PM
Hi everyone,

I have a question about the melting/elongating hands stuff.

Is this something that ONLY happens in astral projection, or can it happen in lucid dreams as well?

Thanks,

Xap

BiggyMatt
10th June 2005, 06:56 PM
I my experience it is possible in both, it is much more common while projecting, but while lucid in a dream you have control over the dream although to varied degrees, and the meer act of thinking that you might be projecting and expecting to see your hands melt can be enough to make it happen.

Xap
10th June 2005, 11:35 PM
Okay,

In your experience, does the melting hands stuff happen right away, like in the first few seconds, or do you need to wait 5-10 seconds or more? I just ask, because I've looked at my hands a lot in lucid dreams and what I think are OBEs and they usually stay pretty solid. If it's really common in OBEs then it'll give me more of a clue if I'm really astral projecting or just dreaming.

Thanks,

Xap

Hegemony
11th June 2005, 01:53 AM
It happened immediately for me.

Strattmk
11th June 2005, 02:28 AM
I haven't yet had a OBE but my hands always melt or are at least transparent or wrapped in my Lucid Dreams, they are never just normal. Though I use that as a dream sign so maybe it is because I try/expect them to melt when dreaming that they do.
Matt

Quantitativefool
11th June 2005, 03:32 AM
I notice that it happens to me in both AP and Lucid dreaming. I think it might just be what you expect them to do in the LD? I'm not really sure, try sometime focusing on them not melting then look at them. Either way, it's a great form of reality check to induce an LD.

Good luck,

-Stu

tyciol
11th June 2005, 04:03 AM
To be quite honest, I've never focused on or remember focusing on my hands during a dream enough to notice whether or not they were altered... it'd be a good thing.

I'm aware of pretty much every other part though.

QuiesPhasmatis
23rd June 2005, 03:49 AM
This has happened only once for me, as I have had few lucid dreams. For me my hands became distorted... longer, stretched out and clawlike. I had already been lucid though.
I'm curious if anyone has some advice on how to allow the hands to create more lucid dreams.

Thanks.

AlexK
26th July 2006, 05:25 PM
I have one friend. She is real witch and she lives at opposite side of the Globe from me (we’ve met in Internet) but she always comes into my dreams at night not alone and she tells me about that later. It’s not going actually aggressive or in bad way, it’s more like fun. I always start flirting to her when she shows up in my dream. First time when she came she had to angle me and she appeared naked. That’s how all this game started. When I tried to touch her naked tummy with my palm she did something and we switched over in the moment of my touch. I mean when I touched her belly it shown up as my belly and I heard her laughter in a distance. I felt my self very stupid in the dream because I didn’t really want to flirt to her at start but I couldn’t. She explained me later in reality that it was her way to make me seeing my hands in my dream. I complained her before, that I tried to see my hands when dreaming but with no success.
She trained me to transform my body into woman's body in one of our common dreams. I had dream that I was drinking coffee setting in the cafeteria of the Las Vegas Airport and looking through the window at moving airplanes outside. She came into the cafeteria and I realized immediately that it was my dream but not reality. She was man with barb with tie and suite but it was looking everything so funny that I definitely knew it was her. Everything in her figure was male but it was made some how in female manner. I started to nicker loudly asking: How did you do that?! Why?
“It’s simple”- she said. “Try!”
I decided to try to became woman but it was no any mirror around. How should I know did I do it or not? I decided to look at my hands then, forgotten that I cannot see my hands in my dreams. It was amazing! I even forgot about my girl-friend at that moment! I even felt it like boiling tissue of my hands with no pain transforming into very nice white skin female hands with long fingers and small corn seed nails without any manicure. It was little-bit scary because tissue of my hands was (like) boiling and I felt it.

CFTraveler
26th July 2006, 10:10 PM
Okay,

In your experience, does the melting hands stuff happen right away, like in the first few seconds, or do you need to wait 5-10 seconds or more? I just ask, because I've looked at my hands a lot in lucid dreams and what I think are OBEs and they usually stay pretty solid. If it's really common in OBEs then it'll give me more of a clue if I'm really astral projecting or just dreaming.

Thanks,

Xap In my experience it happens right away. I have done it during OBE and the effect is of the hands melting/turning into smoke and 'slowly melting away'. In lucid dreams they have turned clawlike (not the same effect) or had different jewelry, or nail polish, etc. However, if you are an accomplished LD'er, I would think you could create that effect. I guess the difference is intent- in the OB (for me) it just 'is' that way- In the LD it can start out as one thing and then turn into something else, and if you're very lucid, you can make it be something.
I hope this wasn't too confusing- and, of course I am speaking about my own experiences.

RyanParis
27th July 2006, 04:12 AM
An astral projection is different from a lucid dream, because the astral projection happens outside the lucid dream (such as walking around your house with your astral body). When you look at your astral hand, to see it, it melts away like ice under a blow torch.

It melts right away.

animosity
7th September 2006, 09:45 AM
Hi everyone,

I have a question about the melting/elongating hands stuff.

Is this something that ONLY happens in astral projection, or can it happen in lucid dreams as well?

Thanks,

Xap

Nah it happens in lucid dreams too. Sometimes it doesn't though once I was trying to make it happen but my finger just bent to the right insted