PDA

View Full Version : Astral noise... I think!

nightserpent
22nd November 2005, 10:47 PM
{day 44}

I feel really good about making it to Part 2. I didn't win anything, but it was a tangible proof of my efforts.

Today I was doing my exercises, right about near trance induction. I heard a brief sound.. almost like a small ringing bell. Almost like a tiny handbell, but almost more mechanical sounding. No more than a second.I tried to not think about it, as my morning affirmation suggests this.

Afterwards I tried to think of what it could have been... I've never heard this sound before in my apartment.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Apex
22nd November 2005, 10:53 PM
Plenty of times.

When you've heard a sound distinctly different from the norm, that's probably what it is. When I hear something like that, whether it's astral noise or not, it subconsciously encourages my mind and helps me go deeper.

Celeborn
25th November 2005, 06:14 AM
When you've heard a sound distinctly different from the norm, that's probably what it is. When I hear something like that, whether it's astral noise or not, it subconsciously encourages my mind and helps me go deeper.

Haha, unless it comes in the form of a creepy childs voice mumbling incomprehensible words. *shivers*
That scared me right out of a good astral projection attempt :D

Apex
25th November 2005, 07:08 PM
That would probably encourage me more, since I would know for sure it's 'the noise' since I practically live alone.

BriMercer
1st December 2005, 01:12 AM
The most frightening thing about astral noise is one rarely expects it. It's broken up more than one of my trance sessions, let me tell you

But this is an excellent sign. Your time has been well spent.

Brian

bastien001
18th December 2005, 11:53 AM
If I can remember well Robert Monroe's 1st book, he refers to a bell ringing when he tried to go out of body.

Bastien

nightserpent
18th December 2005, 08:40 PM
that's certainly encouraging then, isn't it? :)

bastien001
19th December 2005, 06:52 AM
it is.
from my lectures on obes, i'd say it's a common landmark ("ringbell...")
R. monroe seemed to say that this moment was the starting of it all.
If not only positive, it is a highly rewarding moment !

PS : I'm at the same moment in the program as you. Good luck !