PDA

View Full Version : Auto-immune disease healing?

missythegayelf
27th January 2008, 02:05 PM
Just curious if anyone thinks it might be possible for a disease called Alopecia (a disease in which the bodies white blood cells go wonky and randomly start attacking hair follicles, making it impossible to grow hair) could be healed through long-distance. I've had this disease for about six years and never thought there was a solution. Of course, I'd never heard of long-distance healing before I came to this forum either.....just curious. :?

missythegayelf
28th January 2008, 08:18 AM
*ahem* Oddly enough, after posting this I went back to my house and was immediately snatched and tossed into the living room for an anouncement from my stepmother and my father. I won't say too much on the subject, just suffice it to say that in some form I apparently will have hair in six to eight weeks. :D

Tom
28th January 2008, 08:37 AM
Selenium has been shown to help even with some of the most sever forms of auto-immune disease such as multiple sclerosis. It is more effective when combined with vitamin E. Fish oil is also suggested for auto-immune problems, or if you are vegetarian you might try flax seed and flax oil to get omega-3 fatty acids. The problem is that fish oils really are far more helpful.

missythegayelf
28th January 2008, 11:24 AM
I've tried anything and everything, from fish oil capsules to steroids. I appreciate the help, though. I should just be thankful that it isn't something worse, and for the help I'm getting from the folks.

Aibheann
13th December 2008, 04:02 PM
This is LONG time after the original post, but I hope it might help someone. Any auto-immune disease is some part of the body attacking another--the immune system is confused and attacking it's own body. The confusion is the key here because most often there is an imbalance of some sort that the body is trying to correct. With MS for example, plaque deposits are something the body starts building around. With thrombosis the lining of blood vesels is reacting to toxins in the blood or blood imbalances. There are also many digestive disorders where one part of the body takes too much of something or another and starts "hording" it and then the whole body reacts trying to get rid of it. For me it is my body trying to remove a stored substance that genetics has told my body to stash away and then my whole body goes into flare ups. It is two or more parts of the body trying to fight over what is good for it. With any AI disorder you need to work on balance...slowing down the parts of the body that are overactive and jumpstarting those that are sluggish or blocked up. Basic chakra work is incredibly helpful with this. You also need to look at diet and environment. Are you hypersensitive to sugars? wheat glutens? iron? eggs? sunlight? certain vitamins? Those can all throw off your system if you happen to be sensitive to them. In this day and age chemicals, steroids and hormones are added to almost everything we ingest and they are POISON to our bodies...eventually the body is going to react. Artificial sweeteners and hormones put into meats are being found to be major culprits in auto-immune diseases. We injest those things, they get into our blood and muscles and bones and then our system tries to fight back--inadvertantly doing damage as it goes.

So
1) look at diet and exercise--do a good detox program
2) get some basic bloodwork done and see if you can identify the type of problem
3) work on your own chakras and the balance of energy flow