PDA

View Full Version : Blockage or Development?

Snowman23
27th January 2008, 03:58 PM
Lately when I meditate or do energy work, when I atempt the spine bounce a small area of pressure and twitching manifests in my mid-lower back, about 8 inches above the base of the spine. It also makes me feel like twisting, in a way, like it's forcing my body to move. It twitches/spasms lightly, which I beleive is what is causing the ''pressure''. Anyway, yesterday I used the fire element with the intent to clear any blockages. It was pretty stubborn, but at one point the pressure ended and the ''tense'' sensation, which was focused on the original location, distributed throughout my back. I later did more energy work and the same pressure showed up, same location, although a bit lighter.

Could this possibly be some sort of emergent energy structure, or simply a blockage? Forgive me if I seem naive, but if it is a blockage, I think it may be one of my first. I've been doing energy work for a year and a half now, can blockages just ''pop up'' out of the blue, even when you practice energy work?

CFTraveler
27th January 2008, 11:42 PM
Could be either- see if some other things in your life change in some way. Since energy work can help with emergent structures, it's a possibility. However, all kinds of things in life (like emotional traumas) can cause blockages, and life is a never-ending smorgasbord of emotional stimulation, well, let's just say that blockages can occur. The good news is that continued energy work helps with keeping them under control, and physical things can also be the cause of the twitches.

Korpo
28th January 2008, 12:27 PM
Could this possibly be some sort of emergent energy structure, or simply a blockage? Forgive me if I seem naive, but if it is a blockage, I think it may be one of my first. I've been doing energy work for a year and a half now, can blockages just ''pop up'' out of the blue, even when you practice energy work?

My bet would be on a blockage with this. Anything that makes you twist or twitch is a good indication of blockage or running more energy than a system can handle (which also denotes blockage - clogging up of your "energy pipes"). And blockages indeed "pop up"... ;)

Works like this: The more energy work you do, the more awareness you learn to use. Deeper-seated issues and energetic disturbances can be detected when awareness of energetic phenomena grows.

Some people are very blocked, like me. Then they find blockages early on. But for the first few months energy work was more easy because I wasn't aware of blockages. As sensitivity grew and as my energy/awareness worked deeper into my body, I started to run into problems without knowing why. These were blockages. As things smoothed out, I started to have odd feelings and sensations after energy work. I found with deeper awareness I started to dissolve stored emotions, too, and since I only partially dissolved them and lacked in grounding, these emotional energies again had impact on me.

My personal rule of thumb is that when I do a quantum leap in development I start to run into a bunch of new problems, which require careful dealing with. Afterward they are gone, or severely eased. If you have persistent blockages like me, this progress is much easier to detect: There are blockages that bugged me for months, not budging, and suddenly they melt like butter and can be resolved. Every time this reoccurs I know I found a deeper level of awareness within me that helps me relax "harder stuff" from my past.

A tip if this turns out to be a blockage: Be gentle. It's a good general advice. Focus your awareness softly. Do not force the blockage. Keep your awareness on it consistently and persistently and relax - yourself and the blockage. Then let the molten energy dissipate - to your body's boundary, and then to your aura's boundary. Ground everything below your feet. Putting pressure on a blockage can result - in my experience - in pain, stress, etc. Removing it softly yields the better results in my experience.

Take good care,
Oliver

Snowman23
28th January 2008, 08:52 PM
So this could be something that was there all along, that I didn't notice? Either way, I'm glad I found it.

Korpo
29th January 2008, 10:17 AM
Yes, definitely.

It is amazing how little we feel of our bodies. A human being is capable of for example of not only feeling the state of its liver, but also of full conscious control of its secretion. But do you know anyone who can pull this off?

The key to uncovering things like this is putting more awareness into the body, during energy work. Just as meditation puts more awareness into the mind.

Take good care,
Oliver