PDA

View Full Version : Psychic activity jump after lack of sleep

LuXFluX
30th January 2008, 04:08 AM
I've found that if I stay up without sleep, the few hours before I am totally physically and mentally exhausted see a large upsurge in energy body experiences, clairvoyance, and specifically third eye activity. It's my understanding this isn't normal, so I'm curious what you think about it. Thank you.

CFTraveler
30th January 2008, 01:37 PM
I've found that if I stay up without sleep, the few hours before I am totally physically and mentally exhausted see a large upsurge in energy body experiences, clairvoyance, and specifically third eye activity. It's my understanding this isn't normal, so I'm curious what you think about it. Thank you. I can't imagine who told you this isn't normal. It is very normal. When you stop sleeping for days at a time, your brain goes off as if you were and turns on all the dreaming mechanisms while you are awake, and it is what psychologists call 'temporary psychosis', because you are seeing two things at a time- your dreams and waking life, and can't emotionally handle the mix of sensory stimulation due to lack of rest. That's why it is very important to get enough sleep when you do any type of meditative and introspective activities.
That is why we have all kinds of warnings and disclaimers in the forums.
This is what Robert says about it:

The easiest way to achieve OBE is to skip two nights sleep. This is 99% effective. But this is not very practical for anything more than just having the experience.

Robert
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3952 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3952)

LuXFluX
30th January 2008, 01:46 PM
LOL, I've honestly not heard that anywhere before I didn't realize it was common knowledge lol. I think I handle it better than my normal state though....I guess that is a little weird. Thanks CFT.

CFTraveler
30th January 2008, 01:51 PM
People like us (that achieve altered states by our own efforts) can get used to something like that more than people that don't have a clue about what's going on, so we can then handle it better. Plus, I'm weird anyway. :wink:

ButterflyWoman
30th January 2008, 02:16 PM
When I'm particularly tired, I get what I think of as "pre dreaming", where my mind starts to wander into all kinds of odd dreamlike "visions". However, as noted, it's not good for much. Most of the stuff that I get is mumbo jumbo and meaningless.

Korpo
30th January 2008, 03:00 PM
Exhaustion can sometimes be a way into these states. My mind is very tense, fiercely bound to do things. When I was too tired to keep that mentally up while my body was still okay, I fell into deep meditative states I had not experienced before. In fact, after I had to acknowledge, within me, that keeping up the tense state was in this situation significantly more effort than just letting go, and I just could not keep it up, my state of consciousness shifted out of this ego-bound awareness I'm so used to.

Oliver

XxrickyxX
8th February 2008, 07:54 AM
The easiest way to achieve OBE is to skip two nights sleep. This is 99% effective. But this is not very practical for anything more than just having the experience.

Robert

im going to try this :]

Korpo
8th February 2008, 09:10 AM
This was actually something of a warning... :?

Oliver