PDA

View Full Version : Practice All Day

Astral Explorer
6th February 2008, 01:09 AM
Will there be any problems as far as astral projection goes, if I was practice all day?

I'm basically done as far as living my physical life and I'm going to just raise my energy hours upon hours. I just want to make sure that there won't be any problems (Not lifestyle problems) if I was to do such a thing.

I have no job and about to go to school...but thinking about not even going to school because at this point its going to be a waste of money. If anything I will get a little job just to pay a few bills in the house and spend the rest just doing this.

Also is it possible to have session talks with spirit guides because I really need to talk to them.

ArcticStoneage
6th February 2008, 01:25 AM
Im jealous of your plan. Im a full time student and have a part time job...busy busy :evil:
I wish I had more time for energy work :shock: :D

Good luck

CFTraveler
6th February 2008, 02:27 AM
Will there be any problems as far as astral projection goes, if I was practice all day?

I'm basically done as far as living my physical life and I'm going to just raise my energy hours upon hours. I just want to make sure that there won't be any problems (Not lifestyle problems) if I was to do such a thing.

I have no job and about to go to school...but thinking about not even going to school because at this point its going to be a waste of money. If anything I will get a little job just to pay a few bills in the house and spend the rest just doing this.

Also is it possible to have session talks with spirit guides because I really need to talk to them. I really don't recommend it. Here's what happened to Tempestinateapot (when she was Painterhypnogirl) when she tried to OBE after a 4 hour meditation session: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1683 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1683)

Not really a barrel full of monkeys.

Tom
6th February 2008, 02:34 AM
You can't overdose on mindfulness training. :)

The best part is that you don't have to do anything special and you don't have to make time for it.

wstein
6th February 2008, 03:37 AM
It isn't practical for most. Few can generate enough energy. Without enough energy, the quality degrades. Low energy also tends to reduce recall ability too. Doing a couple of 2-3 hour sessions a day with energy generating/gathering practice before and after is probably more possible and satisfactory.

If you have enemies, then there are risks associated with depleted energy. Its also a prime opportunity for NEGs. I not trying to discourage you but rather counseling some protection during your energy recharge time.

Astral Explorer
6th February 2008, 10:11 PM
Thx for the feedback, it's good to know :mrgreen:

I will focus on building and working my way up to longer and longer sessions while at the same time going to school. I personally just started realizing that everything in my physical life that I try to move towards really has no meaning, it's just experiencing life that actually matters now. So I guess I will focus on spiritual stuff mainly and experiencing life as a side thing.

Caelrie
6th February 2008, 10:28 PM

Also is it possible to have session talks with spirit guides because I really need to talk to them. I really don't recommend it. Here's what happened to Tempestinateapot (when she was Painterhypnogirl) when she tried to OBE after a 4 hour meditation session: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1683 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1683)

Not really a barrel full of monkeys.
I'll back you up on that one. It's taken me almost two weeks to recover from a meditation experience almost identical to Tempest's.

Nostic
8th February 2008, 01:05 AM
You probably wont have a problem if you've been practicing for awhile (years). If not, well, I don't know. I just think it's important to know your limits. If a great force starts building-up inside of you, use great caution.

Korpo
8th February 2008, 09:06 AM
It's comparable to a weekend athlete - instead of practising half an hour a day, he tries to pull it off by going 2 hours on Sat and Sun, and the most likely result of this is not a fitter body, but a torn muscle. Since the persistent effort is not there and skill and fitness are not built at a sustainable rate, the result is not improvement.

IMO energy raising is like putting a little extra energy in a system to help the system operate better. But in the end the true leaps forward come from the system working better, and that can only be reached by practising a bit every day, and increasing that amount weekly or monthly.

Robert recommends carefully cleansing the secondary centers before approaching the chakras, building the energy body's capacity before "using it", he actually called that creating "brittle structures" in MAP, IIRC. I read on meditation practice that it may be advisable to not exceed 20 minutes at first, and not raise that for more than 5 minutes a month.

BTW, what makes you think you are "done"? I would have thought that someone about to go to school has only started... ;)

Take good care,
Oliver

Korpo
8th February 2008, 09:08 AM
You can't overdose on mindfulness training. :)

The best part is that you don't have to do anything special and you don't have to make time for it.

Hmmm. I know that it can open up some powerful emotions for some they have to overcome in order to become mindful. I think therefore for some it may be wise to limit practise to what they can handle, which is not unlimited.

Oliver

Astral Explorer
12th February 2008, 03:31 AM
Yea, I've decided not to go at it, in the way that I was thinking...

I was a little pissed at my current situation and wanted to use this as my escape. I have used lucid dreaming as my escape in the past and since I was learning astral projection I thought I might as well practice it.

I'm back on track again, I only raise my energy 15mins-30 mins every other day. I currently don't do any primary center works only building of my secondary centers. Me doing all this all day was my way of wanting to hide down something I know I shouldn't do.

Even though eventually I'd like to be able to stimulate and raise my energy for that long without any problems. But I'd give that a good amount of years.