PDA

View Full Version : energy work and food

Fayt
24th November 2005, 05:57 PM
Anyone Found that they need less or no food when they have a highly developed energy system? , or does anybody here use a specific energy technique to not need food? , any information on the subject would be great , thanks!!!!

Fayt

Demecleus
24th November 2005, 06:24 PM
I find that when I meditate--- --- I am new to this too--- --- I focus less on eating. But I do eat afterwards to ground myself... Should I ground myself in such a way?

I am new to the NEW system, so I do not have information for you- sorry :( I wish I could help. But I am paying attention :wink:

Celeborn
25th November 2005, 05:46 AM
Before doing energy work, do not eat a heavy meal. Protein will ground you the fastest, but just having a full stomach can really get in the way.

When my empathy gets to be too much for me, like when I am in very very crouded places, using heavy food is a really good way to shut out the background energy and emotions.

Basically, for anyone interested in being healthy and spiritually potent, it is best to not allow yourself to fill your stomach more then 2/3 of the way. If you gourge yourself, it will slow down your progress.

-though I cannot do it, I have been told that a good way to end your need for food is to create the sacred nector in your mouth (a technique found in tantra, daoism, and jainism) and mix in with your tongue against the backs of your teeth in a clockwise pattern. Though, you need to have very high-level necter. Just what you can generate from a single spiritual, internal organsm is not going to do it.-

Kalonek
26th November 2005, 06:07 PM
Hi Fayt,

i have done many years of daily energy work with NEW and I can say that it has had some impact on my food. I have realised a few months ago that I now eat vegetables at 90% (only 2 or 3 times meat per week), and I have almost divided the quantity of food by 3. Some of my friends who have done energy work for some time too have noticed the same phenomenon independantly as well.

Quantitativefool
28th November 2005, 12:06 AM
I've noticed that I am not nearly dependent on food as I used to be, perhaps just growing but it's still noticible and I believe from meditation and energy work.

-Stu

Sachiel
28th November 2005, 02:23 AM
I have an intuitive will that I shouldn't eat meat...So I guess that qualifies except for the little known fact that I'm thirteen and my parents govern what I munch at the major meals.

Which kind of sucks because my empathy doesn't go psycho and I don't really want to be so goddamn grounded all the time, because we have mea tlike every meal...Plus becoming vegetarian helps astral projection and spiritual/energy body development in general.

...damn.