View Full Version : Jumper

Triot
13th February 2008, 11:42 AM
Might want to watch this:

http://www.jumperthemovie.com/

Reminds me of something...:shock:

Neil Templar
13th February 2008, 01:46 PM
yeah i sa that trailer in the movies last week.looks awesome huh? 8)

Jake
14th February 2008, 04:03 AM
Something about that move JUMPS out at me... :mrgreen:

Neil Templar
14th February 2008, 01:01 PM
waka waka waka!! :lol:

CFTraveler
14th February 2008, 01:42 PM
Cool! 8)

star
14th February 2008, 07:29 PM
I wonder if I could learn that by age 30?

ArcticStoneage
14th February 2008, 07:41 PM
Didn't Robert Monroe say that media is opening up culture to things that aren't "normal"? This movie would make me want to learn to project if I didn't already. Funnily enough, I didn't even think about leaving my body until I read Anne Rice's The Tale of the Body Thief.

wstein
16th February 2008, 06:02 AM
Sadly not as good as the previews suggest. Someone thought through some of the implications of how teleporting might work but sadly neglected to add a plot:(

ArcticStoneage
16th February 2008, 08:25 AM
Someone thought through some of the implications of how teleporting might work but sadly neglected to add a plot:(
Hahaha why am I not surprised?

JoSac
17th February 2008, 03:45 AM
If you want to watch the full movie go here

http://www.movieforumz.com

JS

JoEMoNK
28th February 2008, 05:56 PM
Sadly not as good as the previews suggest. Someone thought through some of the implications of how teleporting might work but sadly neglected to add a plot:(

That’s sad to hear. I was hopping this would have a little plot.

I remember when I went to see the matrix just to watch the eye candy and was happily surprised that it had such an interesting plot.

I haven’t seen many good sci-fi moves after that. Except Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy<-- I Loved that move :D

SpiritualVoyager
28th February 2008, 06:38 PM
That’s sad to hear. I was hopping this would have a little plot.

I remember when I went to see the matrix just to watch the eye candy and was happily surprised that it had such an interesting plot.

I haven’t seen many good sci-fi moves after that. Except Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy<-- I Loved that move :D

I loved that movie too! :P It's movies like HHG2G that make me want to project and explore our universe. Movies like Jumper just make me want to just make me wish I could actually teleport, lol.

I agree that Jumper wasn't as good as advertised. They had all the 'mixins' for a good story, but they failed to capitalize on them. I was particularly unhappy with the character development :x

ButterflyWoman
28th February 2008, 11:06 PM
Except Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy<-- I Loved that move :D

No, no, no. Read the books. They're MUCH cleverer and MUCH funnier than that movie was. The movie followed the basic plot but they left out most of the punchlines, and that's what made the books so fantastic. Seriously. Read the books. You'll never be the same again, and in a good way. :)

Louise43
29th February 2008, 09:48 AM
I saw this last week and was very disappointed. Could have been good if the writers and/or director had actually put any effort into it. As said above...no plot and no real ending, the credits come up and you think "that's the end?" :roll:

Lou

SpiritualVoyager
29th February 2008, 03:48 PM

No, no, no. Read the books. They're MUCH cleverer and MUCH funnier than that movie was. The movie followed the basic plot but they left out most of the punchlines, and that's what made the books so fantastic. Seriously. Read the books. You'll never be the same again, and in a good way. :)

I Actually have read the first one! Heh heh.

JoEMoNK
1st March 2008, 05:41 PM

I did read the books and your right the move wasn’t as good. I don't think they could have added any more to the movie unfortunately as the needed to keep it somewhat normal as possible for the movie goers. If you loved the movie and want to know how Arthur Dent saves the universe I would definitely read the books.