PDA

View Full Version : The Secret

CFTraveler
23rd March 2006, 11:13 PM
So does anyone know what's up with The Secret?

http://www.thesecret.tv/

jalef
24th March 2006, 04:46 PM
i heard that its about the law of attraction

CFTraveler
24th March 2006, 11:46 PM
Oh. Well, so much for novelty.

jalef
25th March 2006, 03:01 PM
im sorry if i destroyed your excitement about the film :oops:

CFTraveler
25th March 2006, 06:18 PM
:lol: Actually, you saved me a whole bunch of download time.

25th March 2006, 08:05 PM
i heard that its about the law of attraction

Only attraction in terms of how to attract fame and wealth to yourself I believe. The blog people think it's about a book written a long while ago, can't remember the name offhand.

Apex
4th April 2006, 06:54 AM
I know that Adrian from AP is a BIG BIG fan of it, since he sings its praises in his weekly newsletters. Andrian is a huge believer in the law of attraction, so it makes sense.

If anyone sees it, let me know if it's worth watching.

13th July 2006, 04:03 AM
I hope you guys don't mind...I split this topic and moved part of it to the Expanding Consciousness forum. I think people will be interested in this who don't look at the movie section.

25th July 2006, 01:51 AM
I've been reading a lot about the Rosicrucians, and although they don't call it "the law of attraction," this is one of their many theories/teachings. Personally, I'm not sold on the idea--seems more like wishful thinking. I've seen that movie, and it really had a "get rich easy" kind of feeling to it.

Tom
25th July 2006, 03:14 AM
Adrian still hasn't deleted my account from Astral Pulse and I left there over a year ago. If he'd leave Astral Pulse I'd go back.

orygbus
25th July 2006, 04:40 AM
:!:

Wolf_Thor
25th July 2006, 06:22 PM
Adrian still hasn't deleted my account from Astral Pulse and I left there over a year ago. If he'd leave Astral Pulse I'd go back.

LOL, I felt the same way about Frank. He's been MIA for awhile now, so I go there often just like how I did before.

25th July 2006, 08:58 PM
If you would like to bash other people and other forums, please use the pm mode. Just as we don't allow members to bash each other, we don't allow public bashing of other websites by name at AD. You are entitled to your opinion regarding this, but please keep it private.

migs
11th June 2007, 06:10 PM
We all have our own paths to follow--it seems to me that scant attention is paid to other universal laws, some of more importance. The primary universal law in my opinion is the law of allowance, which ironically applies to those focused on material wealth only, and it is about this law that teaches respect for experience gained from focus on anything. The law of attraction is much more than having to do with material wealth.

There are also the laws of intention, progression, etc.

CFTraveler
11th June 2007, 08:37 PM
Yes, but metaphysical laws apply to all aspects of reality, it's just that when we apply them, humanity in general tends to notice first the manifestation that allows us to survive better- hence the application of the law of attraction to material wealth. But if you watched the movie, even though the money thing was the attention getter, the message was that you can apply this to all aspects of your life-health, love, etc.- And the message was that we have the right to find our joy, whatever that is.

CFTraveler
11th June 2007, 08:38 PM
And frankly, all metaphysical laws are based on one main one- in my opinion.

migs
12th June 2007, 02:08 AM
yes I agree
" which ironically applies to those focused on material wealth only, and it is about this law that teaches respect for experience gained from focus on anything."

"And the message was that we have the right to find our joy"
Which is "allowance". I certainly hope I didn't appear critical of this, because that would be the opposite message from what I am attempting to convey. As long as what other's do does not affect us in a negative way, I am fully supportive--and only ask for reciprocity.

Flash_hound
12th June 2007, 10:11 PM
I've seen this movie twice now and I liked it a lot. It's really good, if anything, it has helped a lot of people and I think anyone who is interested should check it out.

guitarguy68
24th June 2007, 08:17 AM
I think that the most important idea to take away from this film can be summed up by a phrase used by one of the interviewees: "have an attitude of gratitude." It's wanting what you've got, not getting what you want.

"In everything give thanks; for this is God's will." 1 Thess.

"Give thanks always for all things unto God." Eph.

It's all about the attitude of gratitude.

blacktiger057
15th July 2007, 11:38 PM
I love the Secret! It has been exetremely life changing for me.

The one thing that I disagree with though is that the law of attraction is not solely responsible for our life experiences. Besides the law of attraction, there is our free will and the Divine's will, just to name a few of the other unseen but proven forces of the future.

CFTraveler
16th July 2007, 12:27 AM

The one thing that I disagree with though is that the law of attraction is not solely responsible for our life experiences. Besides the law of attraction, there is our free will and the Divine's will, just to name a few of the other unseen but proven forces of the future. I think that other 'laws' can be derived from it- IMO Divine Will is the Law of Attraction in action. Think of it this way: God's Will for us is always good for us, so when we wish for things that are not in accordance with Divine Will, and we look inside, we would realize that deep down we really don't want what is not good for us- Free will allows us to want things that are not 'right' for us, but if we listen to that 'inside' voice, we eventually can figure out what is good for us for whatever reason- learning, growing, or just being happy- whatever our highest good.
The idea that God's will can be anything but the best possible thing for us comes from our disconnection (or perceived disconnection) from our highest source- so that if we are 'truly in tune' with our inner (real) being, the Law of Attraction will work for our Highest Good- and that is Divine Will in action.
Just My opinion, of course.

blacktiger057
16th July 2007, 01:23 AM

The one thing that I disagree with though is that the law of attraction is not solely responsible for our life experiences. Besides the law of attraction, there is our free will and the Divine's will, just to name a few of the other unseen but proven forces of the future. I think that other 'laws' can be derived from it- IMO Divine Will is the Law of Attraction in action. Think of it this way: God's Will for us is always good for us, so when we wish for things that are not in accordance with Divine Will, and we look inside, we would realize that deep down we really don't want what is not good for us- Free will allows us to want things that are not 'right' for us, but if we listen to that 'inside' voice, we eventually can figure out what is good for us for whatever reason- learning, growing, or just being happy- whatever our highest good.
The idea that God's will can be anything but the best possible thing for us comes from our disconnection (or perceived disconnection) from our highest source- so that if we are 'truly in tune' with our inner (real) being, the Law of Attraction will work for our Highest Good- and that is Divine Will in action.
Just My opinion, of course.

Thanks for posting that, CF. That gives me a whole new insight on this! :)

vooood
13th February 2008, 12:36 PM
Anyone has seen this movie or read the book by Rhonda Byrne? I just want to know if this is actually worth anything or is it just another crap rediscovering hot water? Sorry for being so pessimistic but the world is full of "new age" crap..

CFTraveler
13th February 2008, 02:01 PM
I merged it with the previous topics about the same thing.

Neil Templar
13th February 2008, 02:12 PM
i watched it a few weeks ago.since thn i've been going to the bank,knowing that i have no money in there,telling myself that i will find unexpected money.i've done this a number of times,almost daily.
then,last week as i moved house,i emptied a bag of stuff,opened a boxand what did i find?
100 euros!!! :shock:
was that a result of the law of attraction??maybe.i was certainly grateful!

CFTraveler
13th February 2008, 02:16 PM
Well, voooood, I guess this could answer your question.

Neil Templar
13th February 2008, 03:09 PM
oh it also worked with trams arriving at precisely the right time,or maybe it's just coincidence??twice in one week i visualised the tram approaching the stop just as i walk round the corner to it,and twice it was exactly where i wanted it to be.... :shock:

Neil Templar
16th February 2008, 12:57 AM
HAH!!!! okay,HOLY $H&T!
sorry.
so every time i have been going to the bank,visualising"unexpected money"
the other week i found 100euro.
tonight i found out i'm getting 400euro back that i wasn't expecting until August.

just sayin' :D

ButterflyWoman
16th February 2008, 03:21 AM
On the Law of Attraction... I have had mixed results. I have, indeed, manifested some pretty amazing things, even prior to having any clue or idea what the concept of LOA was/is.

However, right now I'm trying and have been trying for more than a year to manifest a miracle for my family (and it's one we actually need, not just a whim), and I've had no success at all. And even more than that, things seem to be going BACKWARD. We have LESS abundance, we have FEWER options. I feel very boxed in and extremely frustrated. Even thwarted.

I've been reading and working for ages on this, worked on removing blockages, doing energy work, prayer, meditation, changing limiting beliefs, yadda yadda yadda...

But I digress (as I sometimes do ;)).

As for "The Secret", specifically, I'm totally unimpressed. It's all gloss, and very little substance. It's just the basic idea of Law of Attraction, with no actual guidance. Just want it and think positive thoughts and it magically appears! Uh, no, not really... "The Secret" is just very shallow, overproduced, and not particularly helpful, IMHO. There are WAY better resources on LOA.

Pneumaphor
16th February 2008, 04:54 AM
Namaste, my friends!

In my experience the trick to the law of attraction is to be receptive to the outcome desired, to act as if the desire will definitely manifest and so the question to ask is "am I really acting like this is going to manifest tomorrow?" If not, change something. Some sacred texts refer to this as "faith." There's a knack to this it seems...like it's somewhere close to the middle of two mental extremes, leaning toward more enthusiasm than less. There is an element of surrender to the outcome involved as well, at least in my experience. The Tao Te Ching says this on it:

(61)

A large state is like a low-lying estuary,
the female of all under heaven.
In the congress of all under heaven,
the female always conquers the male through her stillness.
Because she is still,
it is fitting for her to lie low.
By lying benath a small state,
a large state can take over a small state.
By lying beneath a large state,
a small state can be taken over by a large state.

Therefore,
One may either take over or be taken over by lying low.

Therefore,
The large state wishes only to annex and nurture others;
The small state wnats only to join with and serve others.

Now,
Since both get what they want,
It is fitting for the large state to lie low.

So stop trying to force it (if you are) and totally surrender to it instead. When done correctly, faith appears almost automatically. Also, I've found manifestation easier when I increase my 'entropy dissipation quotient' through physical discipline combined in equal portions with musical discipline, and Hatha and Raja Yoga disciplines. The results can be so uncanny as to become too much too soon, leading to guilt, which may lead to rejection of the state unless the guilt is accepted! It's all about entropy (referred to as 'psychic libido' in psychological terminology), intent, and faith when manifesting. Dang it's good to be back!

Love & Light,
Ron

CFTraveler
16th February 2008, 04:00 PM
Ha ha ha- Hi Ron- Read my reply to the 'Speak and it is so' thread in 'Psychic & Spiritual'. Only I say it in my own language.

ButterflyWoman
17th February 2008, 04:33 AM
In my experience the trick to the law of attraction is to be receptive to the outcome desired, to act as if the desire will definitely manifest and so the question to ask is "am I really acting like this is going to manifest tomorrow?"

I certainly understand this concept, but what if the thing you intend to manifest is money? Should you just spend money like you're going to have an infinite abundance of it? I tried that, it actually backfired quite badly...

Or what if the thing you intend to manifest is a life partner? Do you book Valentine's Day dinner for two, even though there's not actually anyone around to have a meal with?

Or what if the thing you want to manifest is a baby? Other than the obvious steps toward achieving that (*ahem*), do you walk around wearing maternity clothes or buying baby furniture... ?

The idea of how to live as if you already have it or you know it will show up at any moment is a great concept and idea, but it's very difficult to put into practice, in my experience (depending on what you intend to manifest).

Neil Templar
17th February 2008, 05:29 AM
nope.
what i understood from it was to actually enjoy the feeling of the moment when you discover it,whatever "it"is..
that's the actual moment that is important-when it happens.if you're looking ahead,then your thoughts are at THAT moment.so they can only manifest,or be focused on THAT moment.

ButterflyWoman
17th February 2008, 05:42 AM
what i understood from it was to actually enjoy the feeling of the moment when you discover it,whatever "it"is..
that's the actual moment that is important-when it happens.if you're looking ahead,then your thoughts are at THAT moment.so they can only manifest,or be focused on THAT moment.

Perfect. THANK YOU. That makes perfect sense, and I've been looking for this information for a long time. I've read a LOT of LOA stuff and there's all kinds of positive thinking and visualisation stuff, but the PRECISE moment of the realisation of the thing.... that's GOOD. I get that. I can understand it.

Thanks. I'll let you know how it goes. ;)

Neil Templar
18th February 2008, 04:07 PM
8)

orygbus
21st February 2008, 10:49 AM
A good video about LoA....
Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O5TJFw2 ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O5TJFw2CXc&feature=related)

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uvavCc2 ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uvavCc2lTo&feature=related)

Beekeeper
13th April 2008, 07:47 AM
In a Lynn Mctaggart interview I watched recently, she made the point that there's a correlation between solar flare activity and ability to manifest. She has been doing intention experiments with experienced meditators. She claims that high solar flair activity assists with manifesting and low solar flair activity favours ESP.

CFTraveler
13th April 2008, 07:38 PM
That's fascinating. I've often wondered if some 'astral abduction' episodes (not the kind that you're pulled out by someone else, the kind where you're blown out of your body-like 'Astral Wind' but without the telltalle lesson) are really solar flare activity knocking out your energy body off-phase with your physical body- maybe the ebody used for RTZ exploration is made of one of those massless particles that we hear about, and even though noninteractive in regular ways, maybe the intense electromagnetic radiation of mass ♥♥♥♥♥♥l ejections sets up some sort of impact wave that 'knocks us' out of body.
Just a thought I had when I was watching a show about solar flares in the Science channel.

Beekeeper
19th April 2008, 10:06 AM
Hey, CF, and anyone else also interested, there's a link here where you can hear more on the topic of geomagnetic activity on human mind function:
http://www.livingthefield.com/interviews.htm Try the 5th interview on 2012. :wink:

CFTraveler
19th April 2008, 05:02 PM
I just listened to it and found it illuminating.
Thanks BK.

Beekeeper
25th April 2008, 10:30 AM
You're welcome as always, dear one. :wink:

Neil Templar
26th April 2008, 06:02 AM
i haven't listened to that yet but have read THE FIELD.
as always my skeptical friends claimed she's (Lynne McTaggart) a fruit.
i guess that's easier than actually reading it and being forced to admit that you could imagine that what she's saying is true.....