PDA

View Full Version : my arms are killing me!!!!!!!

going places
13th February 2008, 09:59 PM
when i am relaxing trying to get vibrations about 2hours into i get pain in my forearms so bad i have to stop. is this bad? has anyone else had this problem?.

Tom
13th February 2008, 10:07 PM
What are you doing for two hours?

And have you tried moving your arms a couple of times during those two hours to get the circulation in them going a bit?

going places
13th February 2008, 10:11 PM
trying to get out.

CFTraveler
13th February 2008, 10:28 PM
Are you doing:
relaxation work
trance work
energy body loosening work
and then the exit technique such as rope?
'Cause you should be in trance already before doing rope, or your astral arms will get tired.
Which is what sounds like is happening here.

I know it sounds like the old joke "I flew here and boy my arms are tired" but if you do rope while not in MABA or close to it, you'll get the feeling of tiredness. Prob. because you're tensing your physical arms.

Tom
13th February 2008, 10:58 PM
Are you doing:
relaxation work
trance work
energy body loosening work
and then the exit technique such as rope?
'Cause you should be in trance already before doing rope, or your astral arms will get tired.
Which is what sounds like is happening here.

I know it sounds like the old joke "I flew here and boy my arms are tired" but if you do rope while not in MABA or close to it, you'll get the feeling of tiredness. Prob. because you're tensing your physical arms.

Did you see the part about this being after 2 hours into practicing? :)

CFTraveler
14th February 2008, 01:23 AM
I didn't read it right. I thought it said tht he tried to exit for two hours. My bad.
Anyway, you can move before you're ready to do the trance portion.
If you continue to feel this pain maybe get checked out by a Dr. to rule out any other underlying health possibilities.

Korpo
14th February 2008, 08:36 AM
Hello, going places.

when i am relaxing trying to get vibrations about 2hours into i get pain in my forearms so bad i have to stop. is this bad? has anyone else had this problem?.

I don't think "more of the same" is usually not the way to go in energy development, especially in the beginning. 2 hours seems very long. A half hour seems more realistic for any exercise, especially at the beginning. It could be a good idea to divide your practice time over several of the things CF suggested, and limit your total exercise time.

Like 9 women cannot deliver a baby in one month, some things need time to develop. There's also a difference between relaxed effort and strain. Strain usually hurts and has negative side effects.

Take good care,
Oliver

Tom
14th February 2008, 03:27 PM
Even with regular sleep the body has to move to keep the circulation going in the limbs. Two hours is a very long time to hold still. Rather than working to relax and hold still for two hours, it would be better to start several times, stop, and get up to walk around. Being able to relax quickly whenever you want to is more important than developing that kind of endurance.

JoSac
17th February 2008, 03:31 AM
What position are you in?

Laying down, reclined, or sitting?

JS