PDA

View Full Version : It's me again! I have an "automatic breathing" pro

hroom
26th November 2005, 12:16 PM
Hi all, I am writing to you and asking ffor help. I've been to a doctors but they like didn't believe me, they say my breathing is alright. I know it's alright but there is something other. I can't breath automattically, I can't let my organism breath on it's own :(. I think that's becouse of meditation, I don't meditate anymore, I want to get rid of this automatic breathing problem. I try to focus my attention somewhere else but I can't do it a lot. I think this is connected with my physical senses... Any solution to my problem?
TNX!

Chris
26th November 2005, 12:18 PM
Just for clarification, do you automatically breath furing sleep?

hroom
26th November 2005, 12:37 PM
yes, when I sleep I breath normally! I try to do everything I can through the day to breath automatically.. It's really uncomfortable and bad.. :(

Quantitativefool
27th November 2005, 11:58 PM
Hmm...

I would suggest a type of excercize/rest program. Basically do alot of work, then go to a spot where you almost sleep, but don't let yourself, it might work after a week or two.

-Stu

Sachiel
28th November 2005, 02:24 AM
When you are thinking of breathing you breath manually, so you cannot possibly attain your conscious results if you keep worrying about your problem, if it indeed does exist.

hroom
28th November 2005, 09:18 AM
Hi, I think I overcame this problem. I made eye coordination exercises, somehing like yoga's eye stretching exercises. It helped me... :shock:

Chris
28th November 2005, 09:31 AM
Hi, I think I overcame this problem. I made eye coordination exercises, somehing like yoga's eye stretching exercises. It helped me... :shock:

Were you doing breath meditation exercises and this mean you became 'hyper' aware of the breath at all times, so you couldn't let it settle to automatic breathing?

hroom
30th November 2005, 08:05 AM
yes, something like that, how to overcome this problem?

Chris
30th November 2005, 08:12 AM
yes, something like that, how to overcome this problem?

I'm not too sure. Do you usually use breath as the meditation object?
I use breath based meditations but I have never seen this control of breath (hardly automatic breathing) as a problem. Although I can see how it could become annoying.

Although when I meditate I don't try and control the breathing - I watch it and let it go as slow/fast/deep/shallow as it want's too. So perhaps I have learnt how to be aware of breath but automatic breathing. I'd never really though of this before.