PDA

View Full Version : Meditation and NEW

knucklebrain
10th June 2005, 04:42 PM
Can you combine the two? I have noticed recently that when I sit up in a chair and do NEW with my eyes closed and some meditation music on, I can get my whole body buzzing.

Anybody else experience this? This was awesome. Last night I was buzzing so much. My legs, arms, torso did not exist. Is this what is supposed to happen with new?

Is this a precursor to OBE?

Thanks, Kevin

Dan36oy
10th June 2005, 05:52 PM
Yeah I get heavy buzzing and/or flowing sensations and my entire body takes on an amorphic quality during meditation and nei gung exercises. It is very awesome.

I'd say give NEW a shot during meditation. Releasing energy blockages and thus tension can only further any attempts at reaching a deeply relaxed state. I would guess that the results gained from NEW or any other energy work would increase greatly while done in a meditative state as opposed to casually stimulating energy centers while say working at the office. Either way it is a win/win situation.

BiggyMatt
10th June 2005, 07:18 PM
Yes, in my experience you can and should combine the two when the opportunity presents itself. In my own experience when doing NEW in an altered state of conciousness ie:meditating, varied levels of trance I am able to better focus my awareness there by by ability to move and manipulate my energy increases. I also believe that in Astral Dynamics Robert speaks of this and also says that the very act of going into one of these altered states of conciousness automatically increases the flow of energy(not positive but I'm 99% sure I seen it in there).

Christian
10th June 2005, 07:43 PM
I've combined meditation and energy work for about two years and it works fine. It's good for releasing energy blockages and clearing energy pathways, such as Ida, Pingala and Sushumna to make the energy flow more freely.

Christian

violetsky
10th June 2005, 07:45 PM
Dear knucklebrain,

One major goal of meditation is quieting of the mind and increasing awareness of all that is. Many people use breathing to focus and concentrate on to help silence the mind. Equally one can use body awareness actions to focus on and silence mind chatter.

Buzzing indicates smaller energy centres opening up but that likely there are blockages upstream so the energy cannot flow fluidly and energy flow is a little choppy or buzzy.

Fantastic to hear you really getting into this. It is a lot of fun and darn cool.

Very Best Wishes,
violetsky

Donald McGlinn
10th June 2005, 08:35 PM
Meditation goes hand in hand with energy work.

Apparantly the best method is to meditate at an angle of 37 degrees which will also produce the most effective way to have an OBE too.

knucklebrain
10th June 2005, 08:56 PM
Well, what is odd is that I have never had this happen while meditating in 1/2 lotus style. By my legs getting cramped, it's like sitting there listening to music with my eyes shut. It plain SUCKS. Now after I really thought about it, when I sit in the chair, feet on floor, proper posture, listening to music and doing the full body circuit, I go freekn numb. Now in my mind that is progress. I need to go numb.

I wish I could go numb like that 24/7 :lol:

So if I can sit in the chair and get in that state all the time (even did it at work for 15 minutes today) I say screw sitting lotus, it sucks. I'm just kind of upset that I've wasted so much time sitting on the floor when I could have been progressing all this time.

Now one might ask the question where I want to progress to? I don't know, but when I just sit on the floor and nothing happens, day in, day out, I have to ask why the hell I'm doing it in the first place.

If I can sit and do the NEW FBC in a chair and get my body buzz going, well that I think is awesome. What do you think about this?

Kevin

Rydel
10th June 2005, 09:45 PM
I personally do not do energy work while meditating VERY often. The sensations seem to be more pronounced when I am in a trance state, but I tend to do it before I begin to meditate/trance, as it sort of helps in relaxing my body, and the increased energy movement makes the transition much more smooth.

Tom
11th June 2005, 12:32 AM
The way I remember Robert Bruce saying this was that it is better to do NEW mostly in a normal condition rather than in trance states most of the time. This is not as fast, but it gives the channels a chance to expand and develop and get used to the increased flow of energy through them. It is possible to end up with the channels more constricted than they were to begin with if they don't adapt well enough.

Dan36oy
11th June 2005, 12:34 AM
I agree Rydel. I separate the two in my daily practice, though I tend to focus more on energy work.

Kevin, it really makes no difference whether you meditate in full lotus, sitting on a chair, standing or even during sex. The point is stillness and an empty mind. Meditation is a hard thing for some to do for any length of time. There are times I cannot meditate for more than 15-20 minutes or so without my mind wandering and me becoming agitated to the point that I go do something else. It may appear nothing is happening while you meditate, and it is possible that nothing is. If so just think of that hour or whatever you spend meditating as a chance to get away from the stress of every day life. Though I suspect more important things are happening whether you know it or not, and it is an inner journey that you will have to discover on your own.

knucklebrain
11th June 2005, 02:03 AM
Thanks for the input chaps. I just find the state I'm in when I do NEW very nice. That's the state I need to be in as I'm wound very tight and it's nice to be able to actually feel my body buzzing like that. I did not however know how to progress it to the point of OBE.

It's just nice to actaully have something happen after all the work. I did it again tonight and it was wonderful. Completely straight, total body buzz. Now I'd like to perhaps concentrate on opening up some chakras or actually feeling them.

Kevin

tyciol
11th June 2005, 03:58 AM
To be quite honest, what IS a meditation? I consider doing NEW a meditation, or really anything psychic a meditation. Heck, I call reflecting upon my day or gathering my thoughts a meditation.

The thing is, at least until you get it down instinctively where it's unconcious (not sure if it's possible but that'd be awesome), NEW is a focused concious effort, so if you're thinking of the meditation of non-thinking where you let all thoughts pass by you and empty your mind, then no, you CAN NOT do it, because it's contradictory. You can't think of nothing and do something that requires thinking simultaneously. Thus the necessity of instinctiveness.

If you're just thinking about a topic or following thoughts that pop into your head, or some kind of other thinking or work, or even relaxation, fine, but focusing on moving energy through the body sounds to me like it would be another thing to clutter the mind. Before and after would rock though.

Rydel
11th June 2005, 05:36 PM
To be quite honest, what IS a meditation?

Meditation is focusing on one thing or nothing (thereby silencing the mind).

Donald McGlinn
11th June 2005, 06:06 PM
Meditation is an altered state of consciousness.

It has many forms and many levels and a lots of methods.

Donald

tyciol
12th June 2005, 09:42 AM
To me, meditation is to think on something specific, usually to exclusion. Instead of thinking about a dozen things like the computer or our music or a girl or how hungry we are, we focus on only one thing.

Even if that one thing is nothing.

Christian
12th June 2005, 04:16 PM
I used meditation as a way to get better sleep but I ended up feeling my chakras and havÃÂÂ♥ng some sort of kundalini activation. Now I meditate and use NEW and I don't think one can say that NEW is a meditation because NEW doesn't bring a meditative state, at least not for me.

It's also easier to move energy if I'm in a meditative state, so a meditation technique could be a good way to start until a relaxed and meditative state is achieved and then proceed to move energy.

knucklebrain
12th June 2005, 06:03 PM
Well, for me, NEW is meditation and energy work combined in one. When I meditate, I basically just SIT and breath and nothing happens. It's a complete waste of my time to sit 1/2 lotus, with my ankles aching and my mind racing, when I can sit in a chair, do NEW, get my body vibrating every time and lose track of time and space. When I'm in this state my body simply does not exist.

This is the exact state which I thought meditation would bring. So I'm all done with meditation, as I said, it's a complete waste of my time. After doing 20 minutes of the NEW FBC, I can then relax and work on breathing and just enjoy being NOTHING, which is far better than I feel from anything in life.

I'm just happy because I am able to enter this state, every time, without fail pretty much, without the aid of drugs, which is a first for me. I doubt I'll ever get my chakras to work, and I'm pretty much convinced that the whole chakra thing is BS. I can do NEW, I can stimulate various parts of the body with MBA, however I'm pretty much convinced that trying to find, open, spin, whatever my chakras is a complete waste of time.

Anyhow the insight is appreciated. I'm trying to get the wife into doing NEW, but she has the attitude towards NEW that I have towards chakras. I know I shouldn't have the attitude I do, I'm just sad or jealous a little bit, maybee a lot :lol: when I read of stories of third eye openings, and all the other chakra related stuff that eludes me. I simply can not feel them, and after a year, I'd say it's just time to give up on them and concentrate on energy work instead.

Kevin

Christian
12th June 2005, 07:26 PM
I think if you want to do serious improvement you should give chakras a shot. It's defenitely worth finding, feeling and working with them. It has helped me a lot in releasing mental baggage, balancing my mind and improving overall well being.

For me it took a year of daily (mantra)meditation before I started to feel my chakras and I think it takes different time for each individual before they start to sense their chakras. Just keep up with your meditations and sooner or later you will start to sense your chakras and be able to work with them.

Rydel
12th June 2005, 07:32 PM
I think if you want to do serious improvement you should give chakras a shot. It's defenitely worth finding, feeling and working with them. It has helped me a lot in releasing mental baggage, balancing my mind and improving overall well being.

I would suggest working with the new secondary system and full body circuits for a few months before working on individual chakaras though.

nparker
12th June 2005, 07:34 PM
Meditation is an altered state of consciousness.

It has many forms and many levels and a lots of methods.

Donald

Hi Donald..!
Please, advice a link (or links...) from where gather info about forms, levels and methods for to meditate efficiently.
Thank you very much...
Natalia Parker

Christian
12th June 2005, 07:37 PM
knucklebrain:

I've also posted a post at under the thread Breathing Disciplines that you started regarding mental baggage, chakras and kundalini.

Rydel
12th June 2005, 07:37 PM
Please, advice a link (or links...) from where gather info about forms, levels and methods for to meditate efficiently.

Well I'm not Donald but I may be able to help a bit.

I suggest going to google (http://www.google.com) and putting in a search relating to meditation or such, and you'll find a plethora of web sites pertaining to different forms and methods for meditation.

Happy searching! :)

Christian
12th June 2005, 07:44 PM
Rydel: Yeah, I think that's a good advice. But I didn't come across my energy system the right way :) I started meditating knowing nothing about chakras, energy bodies or kundalini, I just wanted to get better sleep. So one day I experienced a kundalini awakening which I was not ready for. I went to a hypnotherapist who moved energy in my body and that's the way I learned to move energy. And I later read on the Internet about chakras and kundalini and took it from there. I knew nothing about NEW at that time. And I had to work on my chakras to balance myself because they have a strong link with kundalini.

But it's probably safest and best as you say to work with the secondary chakras before moving on to the seven primary ones.

nparker
12th June 2005, 07:50 PM
Hi Donald..!

From the viewpoint of your definition, if meditation is an altered state of conciousness, I must give you reason, since the single act of to concentrate in a subject of our selection is statistically speaking an act of to be abstracted from the normal flux of our existence.

All are altered states of conciusness, then, though.

Sleep is another. At sleeping time our conscious mind is disconnected, and a special actitude of conscious mind prior to sleeping state is needed for to access to sleeping state.

When we eat, we are in a special state of conciousness, we are concentrated in eating. That’s no good idea to be engaged in examination of problems at eating time, although eating is a process almost automatic.

When we are watching TV, we are in a state of receptiveness, like an hyponsis state; an state of open mind. From a statistically viewpoint is an altered state of conciousness, clearly different from another (like those of eat, reading, sleeping, etc.)

When we are meditating… what we are doing, so..?
So, you must to clarify your definition… though.

My best regards.
Natalia Parker

violetsky
12th June 2005, 09:42 PM
Dear tyciol,

True, too much has been dumped under the word Meditation. New words with clearer definitions likely would be helpful.

Clearing the mind and stopping mind chatter is very helpful when doing the NEW method because mind chatter can be thought of as a consumer of energy and a distraction from what we are doing. Ideally you focus your energy and feel what you are doing without mind chatter or talking yourself internally throught the steps.

First time doing NEW a person may need to thinking with words in their mind as they follow instructions. But with just a small amount of practice one realizes that mental words are not required to move energy and actually just become a distraction. One can move into a deep feeling and sensing state with total silence of mental words. This is when we really start feeling our energy body and finding the blockages etc.

Best Regards,
violetsky