PDA

View Full Version : Heart beat

JoSac
23rd February 2008, 03:36 AM
I have been moore sensitive to my heart beat now. Idk if its because it irrgular or what. Sometimes it seems to be speeding up. Could this be from energy work?

Also when it does this, does anyone have any tips to calm it down?

Thnaks JS

ButterflyWoman
23rd February 2008, 07:42 AM
I don't know if energy work makes you more aware of your heartbeat, to be honest. I suppose it's a possibility.

But on a totally material note, increased awareness of your heart and the sensation that it's speeding up can be signs of various physical illnesses. It may be nothing at all, but it's worth considering seeing a doctor.

As for controlling your heart, there are, indeed, ways to learn to do that. One way I know of is by learning biofeedback technique. Usually, that's done in a therapeutic setting with a special machine that reads your heartbeat, breathing rate, skin temperature, etc., and you learn how to control these things that are, for most people, not consciously controlled.

There are probably ways to learn biofeedback or similar without a therapist. Perhaps someone else here will have some thoughts on that.

Korpo
23rd February 2008, 11:08 AM
JoSac,

first of all, of course, if you believe there's a chance you have a condition, by all means do a heart checkup.

Let me however say this: For years I thought I had found irregularities in my heartbeat. Also energy work seemed to make me more aware of that. But: I don't think so any longer. I think what I heard was indeed not the actual heartbeat but either the "Chi pulse" or the heart chakra.

How do I know? I checked my actual pulse for some time. There is no way the heart beat can speed up and the pulse stay the same. It seemed, however, to me that my heartbeat changed when in fact it didn't. Other sensations came and went, like immensely loud rushing of blood in my ears, or even feelings of choking when having clear and unobstructed breath, and other things, and I could pin them down to several things:

* My emotional state.
* My energy work.
* Spontaneous energy events.

All of these exist in a wide variety and intermix, from nightly awakenings with the projection reflex to sudden surges in the spine and back, emotional stress that shows up in energy phenomena, too, and oncoming stronger circulation and removal of blockage. When you're becoming sensitive to energy you might even feel big rushes and changes when some old emotional problem leaves you. Happened all to me.

So, get a checkup to be sure. Maybe even a 24-hour-ECG, and when nothing comes up, you're fine as a fiddle and it was something else.

Take good care,
Oliver

JoSac
23rd February 2008, 06:08 PM
Ya actually im going to the doctors mon. by coincidence.

I tend not to think it a condition, the reason being is i have stopped doing drugs wich would make me more healtiher. Also i try to eat healthier.

I think its was one of those things then you focus on it too much and direct all your attention trowrds it and so you notic it more. But im not sure.

Also if your heart beat speeds up so will your pulse?

Thnaks JS

Korpo
23rd February 2008, 06:26 PM
The pulse is the feeling of the blood pumped by your heart through a vessel you can actively feel. That's why feeling the pulse is a way to get your heart beat rate.

In energy work, focussing on something sends more energy there. This can increase a phenomenon you're observing, or make it go away. The act of observing often introduces changes. This can also have influence on your body, because your organs are influenced by the energy, too.

Good thing you have a checkup lined up. :)

Take good care,
Oliver

JoSac
24th February 2008, 02:10 AM
You 2 are getting me scared lol. Im only 17 i dont think i have a heart problem .

Do you think yoga will help? Also it seems the deeper the breath i takeit will speed up then when i exhale it goes back to normal. This has always happened when i meditate, same for you?

JS

Korpo
24th February 2008, 09:04 AM
Has happened to me for quite some time and I think it is purely energy related.

The breath is a major intake of energy and has implications on being aware (in breath) and being relaxed (out breath). Varying the length of in and out breath is therefore a well-known tool for energising and increasing awareness or relaxing more strongly. Yoga and Qigong have their sub-disciplines devoted to breath, as breath is one of the ways to access energy and influence it.

But that's just my opinion. If in doubt always ask your doctor.

Take good care,
Oliver

Tom
24th February 2008, 07:48 PM
Awareness of the breathing and awareness of the heartbeat are both fairly subtle. Most people only notice them when for whatever reason they have a problem - such as when choking on some tasty food. At that point they may be very much aware of their breathing. What happens when you meditate or do energy work is that you are naturally becoming aware of something more subtle than usual. Your internal dialogue becomes quieter even when you are not practicing. It is easier to be aware of your breathing and then later on of your heartbeat. At times your heart can feel very loud, even when it is behaving normally, and this will draw even more of your awareness to your heartbeat which will further magnify the effect. For liability reasons it is necessary to tell you to get medical advice. It is increasingly likely that there are "quick care" places in your vicinity where you can go in, speak with a nurse, have your blood pressure and pulse checked, and find out if a more formal checkup is advised. Where I live I can go to a Walgreens even and have my blood pressure and pulse checked for free. High blood pressure runs in my family so it is a good idea to get this checked even though most people would tell me that at my age I am too young to have such problems. If you have close relatives - even if it is only one - who have high blood pressure or high cholesterol, you are not too young to start paying attention to it. One of the nice things about cultivating your awareness and finding a problem at this stage is that you do not have to wait until you are several decades older and the damage has become severe.

CFTraveler
25th February 2008, 03:25 PM
Ya actually im going to the doctors mon. by coincidence.Did you get checked out by the doctor yet? Please let us know what they say.

al.luciddreamer
26th February 2008, 05:21 AM
Some supermarkets (Stop and Shop here in New England, for example) have self-testing blood pressure and pulse monitors that you can operate yourself, usually right next to the pharmacy. Hey, if it's free and you can figure out how to use it, you might as well do a check on yourself, right?!

JoSac
26th February 2008, 08:57 PM
Ya i went to the doctors yesterday and I told him about it.

My blood pressure and everything was fine, he said it should be nothing but if it persists to come back, also if i notice any pain or shortness of breath.

Its weird tho bc if i lay down when this was going on, i could feel the heart beating through my body, my neck, wrist, fingers. I also found a weird place to check someone's pulse, the vein behind the left ear. Try to find it, its very easy.

I was debating on telling him about the energy work and stuff, do you guys tell your doctor about that.

And lucid dreamer i work at a stop&shop and we have 1 of those, pretty useful.

Thnaks JS

CFTraveler
26th February 2008, 10:03 PM
Dear JS:

Its weird tho bc if i lay down when this was going on, i could feel the heart beating through my body, my neck, wrist, fingers. I also found a weird place to check someone's pulse, the vein behind the left ear. Try to find it, its very easy. This is perfectly normal. Most people with palpitations experience them mostly when they lie down. I recently got myself checked out precisely for this, and the lab tech told me most people with palpitations discover them while reclined. This is possibly because the position makes you notice your pulse and heartbeat. It is also because while you are walking around doing things you are not aware of it, because there is too much outside stimulus and your heartbeat is usally a bit faster when you move around. But when you lay down you're usually relaxed, there is less noise, and you can really notice if your heart races or skips a beat.
So if you're not experiencing other symptoms, like lightheadedness, pain or any other symptoms, chances are you just need to cut down on caffeine. And avoid cold or cough medication.

JoSac
27th February 2008, 12:47 AM
Ya, i don't really drink those energy drinks any more, an i cut down of coffee.

I think what it also was, I got to this breafast place everyday for lunch (I sneak out of school). There food is loaded with grease, so I don't really go there anymore.

But did u try the ear thing?

JS

CFTraveler
27th February 2008, 01:35 AM
But did u try the ear thing?

JS I had an ekg and an echocardiogram. Checking my pulse wouldn't serve any purpose.

JoSac
27th February 2008, 01:51 AM
Well i meant just to try it. I thought it pretty cool that you could feel it there.

JS

Astral Exorcist
27th February 2008, 03:04 AM
You are definitely right. If you are aware of your blood. Then you have definitely raised awareness threw energy work. If you can feel your blood pumping in your sacral then you've done energy raising. Congrats

You probably didn't know this. But your blood holds chi. Which is oxygen in your blood. Pumping blood in different parts of your body is the sign of energy being raised. Good job.

JoSac
28th February 2008, 03:18 AM
Thank You.

I thought it had to be energy related, i havent got the rapid heart beating today either.

Maybe im on to something, idk.

Thnaks JS

Astral Exorcist
28th February 2008, 09:32 AM
Being aware of the etheric heart chakra can be a illusion. Because that might just be your normal heart pumping but your so aware that it feels like your heart chakra is pumping. Which is not. I once came to a state where I could feel both hearts pumping. My physical heart and my non physical heart.