PDA

View Full Version : Variation on the "naked" dream... warning, this is gross!

Stinkerbell
25th February 2008, 08:29 AM
So that recurring dream that everyone seems to get, where you suddenly find yourself in the street naked, or back at high school naked, etc etc.

In my version of it, I always find myself SITTING ON THE TOILET in a very public place! :shock:

(and no, this isn't why I call myself Stinkerbell. :) In real life I'm very clean and private....)

I have this dream all the time, very often it takes place in this weird public swimming pool sorta place, with changing rooms that go on for ever, and I suddenly find the cubicle I'm - ahem - sitting in doesn't have a door. And there are people wandering about! I'm all exposed! It's horrifying!

Sometimes I'm even in the middle of the street, but somehow still sitting on the dunny. It makes me feel very vulnerable.... :oops:

It's all very funny when I wake up, but deeply disturbing in the dream.

My mum reckons it means I have a deep fear of my personal sh*t being seen by the rest of the world. Bar har har.

I guess that is the obvious interpretation to make. But even though I've gotten older and happier, and much more comfortable with myself, I still have that darned dream.

ButterflyWoman
25th February 2008, 08:48 AM
I think these dreams are about being "exposed". In the case of nakedness, you're exposed and vulnerable in public.

In this case, I think it might have to do with being exposed doing something private that everyone else on the planet also does. Bodily functions are 100% normal (if you don't do them, you know something's wrong!), but of course being seen actually doing it would be quite embarrassing. There are LOTS of things that people do that would be embarassed to be seen doing, but which is entirely normal. Perhaps it's something to do with that?

I guess you wouldn't want to try this:

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech ... -to-others (http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/strange-toilet-is-transparent-on-the-inside-but-opaque-to-others)

;)

Actually, I think your mum isn't far off on her interpretation. Or maybe you're afraid people will think you're full of sh*t. ;)

Jaco
25th February 2008, 09:53 AM
So that recurring dream that everyone seems to get, where you suddenly find yourself in the street naked, or back at high school naked, etc etc.
Never had it. :wink: :D

CFTraveler
25th February 2008, 02:22 PM

In my version of it, I always find myself SITTING ON THE TOILET in a very public place! :shock:

(and no, this isn't why I call myself Stinkerbell. :) In real life I'm very clean and private....)

I have this dream all the time, very often it takes place in this weird public swimming pool sorta place, with changing rooms that go on for ever, and I suddenly find the cubicle I'm - ahem - sitting in doesn't have a door. And there are people wandering about! I'm all exposed! It's horrifying!

Sometimes I'm even in the middle of the street, but somehow still sitting on the dunny. It makes me feel very vulnerable.... :oops:

It's all very funny when I wake up, but deeply disturbing in the dream.

My mum reckons it means I have a deep fear of my personal sh*t being seen by the rest of the world. Bar har har.

I guess that is the obvious interpretation to make. But even though I've gotten older and happier, and much more comfortable with myself, I still have that darned dream. So do I. But when I wake up I have to pee. I think it is a variation of the "I have to pee but something has to stop me or I'll pee myself so I'll produce a situation so unacceptable that I hold it in the deepest of sleep". Or so I thought. If it's a psychological thing, we both have it. :lol:

Stinkerbell
27th February 2008, 10:09 AM
I guess you wouldn't want to try this:

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech ... -to-others (http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/strange-toilet-is-transparent-on-the-inside-but-opaque-to-others)

;)

arrrrrrrrgh! That's my worst nightmare! Literally!!!

Actually, I think your mum isn't far off on her interpretation. Or maybe you're afraid people will think you're full of sh*t. ;)

Man, I've given up worrying about that - so many people already do. :)

CFTraveler
27th February 2008, 03:20 PM
How do they keep it so clean?

ButterflyWoman
27th February 2008, 11:41 PM
How do they keep it so clean?

Well, it's kind of a work of art (the creator of the thing is an artist, anyway), so I expect they look after it quite well.

I'd like to go in there with my husband and... Well. I'll leave that to the imagination. *ahem*