PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Being

JoEMoNK
26th February 2008, 01:18 PM
Hello
I was just wondering if anyone on this forum has had the chance to use or listen to the Beyond Being CD collection form the Transparent corp. (The same people that made Neuro-Programmer2). Its there triple pack of CD's for meditation and altered minds. If so let me know your thoughts about it. I plan on purchasing this set and would like to here other people's opinion about them.

JoEMoNK

ButterflyWoman
26th February 2008, 01:44 PM
I haven't heard the CD, but I LOVE NeuroProgrammer and especially MindStereo (which I use absolutely every day). I would say anything from Transparent Corporation is going to be worth having. I may be a teeny bit biased. ;)

JoEMoNK
26th February 2008, 05:39 PM
Way to twist me rubber arm :lol:. I just purchased it and should be here in about a week or so. I'll let you know how I feel after I start using them.

nightflyer
7th March 2008, 05:33 AM
After listening to you 2 salespersons, I ordered it too & it arrived today. Will try it out shortly & report.

nightflyer
7th March 2008, 07:23 AM
Wow, these CD's are great! Or perhaps its beginners luck. I listener to the third CD on Shamanic Rituals for about 20 minutes, as I have to go out. Shortly after I started I saw 7 dark green stones against a dark background, hovering in the air in a pattern and slowly turning like a kenetic sculpture.No idea what it means if anything.

I'm upstairs in a small office. Although I didn't see my body, it was like I suddenly rushed out the door and down the stairs,which after 6 or 8 steps turned into a tunnel leading downward.Next I was in a large well lit cavern;a native was standing before five elderly natives, four men & a woman. He started tying feathers on strings to his arms,after tying on a few,he stopped and they all turned to face me. He had turned into an owl and I had the strangest feeling it was me.

This wasn't like an OOB & I was awake so it wasn't a lucid dream.This seemed absolutely real; I don't know how to classify it. Can't wait to try the other CD's.

ButterflyWoman
7th March 2008, 07:27 AM
Wow! Keep us posted, I'm very interested. :)

CFTraveler
7th March 2008, 01:24 PM
Beyond Being, you say?

nightflyer
7th March 2008, 08:53 PM
Well I've tried out the second CD. I've been working on a problem for several months now and was kind of at an end having run out of ideas. This CD is supposed to give heightened insight & premonitions. I left it running in the background as I worked; and I did come up with a new slant on things. Don't know yet if this will lead to success or not. This could be coincidence, its hard to know if its the CD after only listening to it once. Overall I'm very happy with these CD's but I think you have to use them for awhile to find out if they really work.

I'm wondering if JoEMoNK has received his yet & what success he's had?

nightflyer
9th March 2008, 04:49 PM
Well, I've listened to the second of the series about a dozen times now.It's supposed to induce your brainwave patterns to those that are most common for heightened insights,premonitions,unique ideas. I have had one more vision (I guess) I've had them before but these are much more intense, more detailed; and last longer. I am starting to have a disagreeable side affect. Immediately after using the CD and continueing for awhile, in my preferrial vision I see what could be described as very large rain drops running down a window, they are a dull orange color. They are very annoying. I guess that its time to move on to the first CD which is supposed to induce spiritual, out-of-body & paranormal experiences.

JoEMoNK
10th March 2008, 08:29 PM
Well I was coming to post that My CD's is at the post office and I should be able to pick it up tomorrow if I have the time (12 hour work day's take allot of time when your working) only to find that the thread has been active :)

After listening to you 2 salespersons, I ordered it too & it arrived today. Will try it out shortly & report.

Wow you got it faster then I did

Wow, these CD's are great! Or perhaps its beginners luck. I listener to the third CD on Shamanic Rituals for about 20 minutes, as I have to go out. Shortly after I started I saw 7 dark green stones against a dark background, hovering in the air in a pattern and slowly turning like a kenetic sculpture.No idea what it means if anything.

I'm upstairs in a small office. Although I didn't see my body, it was like I suddenly rushed out the door and down the stairs,which after 6 or 8 steps turned into a tunnel leading downward.Next I was in a large well lit cavern;a native was standing before five elderly natives, four men & a woman. He started tying feathers on strings to his arms,after tying on a few,he stopped and they all turned to face me. He had turned into an owl and I had the strangest feeling it was me.

This wasn't like an OOB & I was awake so it wasn't a lucid dream.This seemed absolutely real; I don't know how to classify it. Can't wait to try the other CD's.

WOW what a first experience :D I hope it works this well for me. I haven’t logged to many hours with meditation or have never had an OBE. If you don’t mind me asking what was your experience before listening to the cd?

Beyond Being, you say?

Yup it’s by the Transparent Corporation the same people that make Neuro-Programmer 2 and other Brain wave programes.

Well I've tried out the second CD. I've been working on a problem for several months now and was kind of at an end having run out of ideas. This CD is supposed to give heightened insight & premonitions. I left it running in the background as I worked; and I did come up with a new slant on things. Don't know yet if this will lead to success or not. This could be coincidence, its hard to know if its the CD after only listening to it once. Overall I'm very happy with these CD's but I think you have to use them for awhile to find out if they really work.

I'm wondering if JoEMoNK has received his yet & what success he's had?
I'll let you know my experience as soon as I get some time to use the CD's :)

Well, I've listened to the second of the series about a dozen times now.It's supposed to induce your brainwave patterns to those that are most common for heightened insights,premonitions,unique ideas. I have had one more vision (I guess) I've had them before but these are much more intense, more detailed; and last longer. I am starting to have a disagreeable side affect. Immediately after using the CD and continueing for awhile, in my preferrial vision I see what could be described as very large rain drops running down a window, they are a dull orange color. They are very annoying. I guess that its time to move on to the first CD which is supposed to induce spiritual, out-of-body & paranormal experiences.

How long do the Rain drops last for? I guess I should set a side a few hours incase of any side effect that may occur. Thank you so much for posting about your experience :D

nightflyer
11th March 2008, 04:09 AM
A friend introduced me to meditation 8 years ago; 45 minutes into it I had a tunnel experience which was mind blowing to me at that time. Beginning the next day I started a daily practice of 1 to 2 hours of meditation. In the next week I found the Monroe Institute & started the Gateway series. The same week I started taking a yoga class & about 2000 I came across the book Astral Dynamics and started doing NEW. I try to practice all of the above on a daily basis.

nightflyer
11th March 2008, 04:21 AM
The rain drops last 10 to 30 minutes. Today I listened to the first CD and didn't get them at all. Although I tried I did not manage an OOB which isn't a surprise because normally I phase. I had little snippetts of things. I think 12 different things that I either could not understand or didn't make any sense to me. They were like very fast pictures of things. I'll try again tomorrow.

JoEMoNK
11th March 2008, 11:19 AM
A friend introduced me to meditation 8 years ago; 45 minutes into it I had a tunnel experience which was mind blowing to me at that time. Beginning the next day I started a daily practice of 1 to 2 hours of meditation. In the next week I found the Monroe Institute & started the Gateway series. The same week I started taking a yoga class & about 2000 I came across the book Astral Dynamics and started doing NEW. I try to practice all of the above on a daily basis.

Well your experienced and I'm new. It should be interesting to see how the cd's will effect me compared to you... even though two different people in the same situation may have been totally different :P

JoEMoNK
11th March 2008, 11:22 AM
The rain drops last 10 to 30 minutes. Today I listened to the first CD and didn't get them at all. Although I tried I did not manage an OOB which isn't a surprise because normally I phase. I had little snippetts of things. I think 12 different things that I either could not understand or didn't make any sense to me. They were like very fast pictures of things. I'll try again tomorrow.

I’m not sure what CD to start with. I guess I'll decide when its time :)

nightflyer
12th March 2008, 01:19 AM
I'm not sure if this still goes here or under meditation.
Tonight I was meditating while listening to the first CD of the Beyond Being Set and noticed that it was stopping my internat chatter for 8 to 10 minute periods, without trying on my part. When I am trying without this CD I usually last 2 to 3 minutes.

JoEMoNK
12th March 2008, 11:10 AM
I'm not sure if this still goes here or under meditation.

I think we should keep all the talk about Beyond Being here. That way if anyone looks up Beyond Being in this forum this thread will pop up and show our experience :)

Tonight I was meditating while listening to the first CD of the Beyond Being Set and noticed that it was stopping my internat chatter for 8 to 10 minute periods, without trying on my part. When I am trying without this CD I usually last 2 to 3 minutes.

I last a few seconds :oops: but I’m just starting. I hope these cds are not too much for a beginner :!:

ButterflyWoman
12th March 2008, 12:01 PM
I can maintain a meditative state much longer when I use NeuroProgrammer or MindStereo (same technology as the CDs). I also find it much quicker to "get there", although with regular use, I've found that I've kind of "trained" my mind to slip into a conscious trance a lot more easily than it did once.

nightflyer
12th March 2008, 05:38 PM
OlderWiser, what else do you use Mindstereo for?

ButterflyWoman
13th March 2008, 03:57 AM
I listen to music while I'm working, and I use a sub-delta brainwave pattern to manage chronic pain. It works, too. In fact, it works so well, that after months of using it regularly, the chronic pain isn't all that chronic any more. I'm shocked and surprised, but very pleased.

I also sometimes just put it on alpha if I'm working on something creative (digital art, design, etc.), and if I'm feeling groggy and can't concentrate, I'll do a Beta session to wake my brain up. Happily, my life is such that I don't have to be stunningly alert for most things, and I don't do the Beta too often (it can make you anxious if you're not careful).

I have a long history of anxiety/panic disorder, chronic pain/fatigue, and post traumtic stress disorder, but using the combination of brainwave technology and meditation has eased most of that stuff. I'm huge fan, to say the least. :)

nightflyer
13th March 2008, 08:38 PM
My wife has a lot of pain from artheritis, do you think it would help her?

ButterflyWoman
13th March 2008, 10:13 PM
My wife has a lot of pain from artheritis, do you think it would help her?

I honestly don't know. The condition I have is based in the limbic system of the brain, and as far as I can tell, it's actually that your brain overinterprets pain signals, plus there's a sleep component (you don't get quality deep sleep, so your body doesn't have the chance to repair itself properly). A combination of gamma and subdelta waves (I find the subdelta most effective) is good for the limbic system, so that's why it works (or anyway, that's the theory).

Arthritis is actually a physical thing, so I don't know if it would or wouldn't help.

You could ask at the forums over at Transparent Corporation, though. They'd probably have some thoughts on the subject. :)

nightflyer
13th March 2008, 11:53 PM
Thanks I'll get in touch with them. I wondered because of all those people who think Q-Ray bracelet's work on their artheritis.

Korpo
14th March 2008, 11:42 AM
For conditions like arthritis, as I think it has an inflammation component IIRC, I would recommend Qigong. I'd think Dragon & Tiger would be good for that, somehow.

Inflammation IMO reacts rather well to energy work.

Take good care,
Oliver

journyman161
14th March 2008, 12:46 PM
For conditions like arthritis, as I think it has an inflammation component IIRC, I would recommend Qigong. I'd think Dragon & Tiger would be good for that, somehow.

Inflammation IMO reacts rather well to energy work.

Qigong or chi kung is a practice involving movement and regulated breathing which is designed to be therapeutic. In its origin, Qigong is a part of Traditional Chinese medicine. Qigong is mostly taught for health maintenance purposes, but there are also some who teach it as a therapeutic intervention or practice it as a medical profession.

One would think, IMO, that if an exercise involves movement, which it is apparent qi gong does, one might be a little cautious in advocating it for a condition involving inflammation. Particularly given the recent admin warning about such recommendations & the fact that this is distinctly not a site of alternative medicine or practices. This is Astral Dynamics & the ongoing recommendations for practices not actually given by the author would seem directly contradictory to the following caution.

How about less of the 'this book says...' & 'this guru says...' & 'I read somewhere...' & a little more of what has actually been tried & proven by the person making the claims? Just because a movement exists doesn't mean it has any relevant information to contribute - recommending, on the basis of personal opinion, a practice that would clearly exacerbate the symptoms seems both foolhardy & against the direct instructions of the site admin. (see below)

Astral Dynamics is about a process that provides results yet the site is increasingly becoming one where everybody has a favourite guru to provide "The Way" It used to be about what people have tried & either it worked or not, but now the main posts are about who has the better library.

This post is about Beyond Being & the OP has expressed a desire to keep it that way - bringing in alternative practices of little provenance or authority (alternative not only to the post but also to the site) is getting beyond what the site is about.

Personally, given my investment in hemisync technology & what I see as its benefits, I'd rather the guru stuff stays where it belongs & I can read more about the Beyond Being process. For example, does it deal with the Gamma levels as OW seems to imply? Or is that just the NP program?
Is healing a part of the program (either BB or NP) or is what is being talked about a side effect?

This is a general warning to all: This poster has expressed a desire for guidance, however no one here, except for any psychologists that may be reading this forum, has any expertise at all on diagnosing mental or emotional illness. I do not want to see anyone trying to influence someone who is coming for guidance to stop seeing a medical professional or to stop taking prescribed medication. This will be met with swift and possibly final action. I hope this is very clear.

Korpo
14th March 2008, 12:51 PM
So, have I been moderated now? It seems so.

Never mind I have experience with both Hemi-Sync *and* Qigong, both years now, also had my share of battling minor inflammation with Qigong, though certainly not with arthritis, and also never recommended this instead of seeing a doctor.

Oliver

journyman161
14th March 2008, 01:08 PM
And I quote...
For conditions like arthritis, as I think it has an inflammation component IIRC, I would recommend Qigong. I'd think Dragon & Tiger would be good for that, somehow.While there is nothing about 'instead of a doctor' that doesn't cover the recommendation made. The proviso given is that arthritis involves inflammation & the recommendation is to do movement.

Moderation is as moderation does... Sorry.

nightflyer
15th March 2008, 04:20 PM
"Never mind I have experience with both Hemi-Sync *and* Qigong, both years now, also had my share of battling minor inflammation with Qigong, though certainly not with arthritis, and also never recommended this instead of seeing a doctor."
Thanks Karpo, yes I understood that you were not advocating Qigong over the medical establishment. However, in my wife's case the doctors & their pills have been no help. I'll look into Qigong.

nightflyer
15th March 2008, 04:43 PM
OlderWiser, I spent most of last night reading all replies on the Transparent Corp. furum. Unfortunately I think that you have to have bought the NeuroProgrammer Program to join the forum. I tried joining several times & they kept rejecting my email saving they have no record of it. On the other hand, thanks for bringing the forum to my attention,I now have the information from others experiences. When I bought the Beyond Being CD's I missed the forum information.

On the forum I read about 5 different people who had spontaneous out of body experiences using the Beyond Being CD #1 however they could not duplicate the experience. I don't find that listening to the CD's does anything to physicaly relax your body, so this could possibly be a reason. And for the first time in my life, I now have trouble going to sleep at night. I lay awake for hours tossing & turning. I have been listening to the CD's in the evening's, so perhaps there is something in them to keep you awake so that you don't miss your experiences. Just a thought.

Korpo
15th March 2008, 08:55 PM
Hello, nightflyer.

After I had done some energy work I relistened to my TMI Hemisync tapes, and I could feel that they move energy, maybe subtly, but they do. So they might be considered to have similar effects to energy work, maybe some frequencies might impede on your sleep and be best listened to during the day and not close to sleep.

Maybe the effect is intended - mind awake/body asleep. This increases alertness, but may impact sleep. Sometimes after listening to a tape with an exercise to induce OBE I would not have the full experience during listening to the tape, but when I went to sleep I would wake up during the night having the experience. There might be some preset that should help with finding relaxing sleep or even a full sleep or a lucid dream preset, but not everyone is comfortable with sleeping with headphones on or sth like that. I tried some programs, and I don't remember which had which.

Dragon & Tiger Qigong is an exercise in medical Qigong. It works the acupuncture meridians. Its movements are slow, not sudden jerks, slowly work the joints, tissues and musles, and also flush these meridians of energy blocks. The concept is less like working out, more like a fluid, slow motion, and no sudden jerks or changes involved, so I guess your wife might be capable of doing an exercise like this without triggering instant pain. None of the movements is an extreme or a big stretch. All joints are supposed to move at the same rate, continuously turning at the same rate. I think something similar might help.

If you can find a Qigong practitioner with some expertise in medical Qigong in your town or area, (s)he might be able to suggest some exercises that directly apply to your wife's condition and teach her. An expert might be able to identify energy flows to work on for helping mitigate the pain or help easing the condition.

Take good care,
Oliver

JoEMoNK
16th March 2008, 12:46 PM
Well I had a Chance to listen to the third CD and then the first the next day.

With the third Cd i got to listen to about 40 mins out of the full hour. Very relaxing and the sounds where soothing. Well listening to the CD I found it very easy to relax my body. It took a little longer for my thoughts to become minimal and my visual only consisted of green blobs making 3D shapes. I imagine as I continue with meditation and start raising my energy (I started reading the NEW tutorial :) ) that this will start to get more instance. Going through the whole hour might help as well.

With the First CD I didn’t have as much time but I listen to the first half of the full hour. Again I found it very easy to get my body to relax. Once I was able to calm my mind down I noticed that my mind was blipping in and out like I was almost falling asleep but with out the tired feeling.

I haven’t noticed any odd side effect after the session was over.

I'll post more as I have more experiences with the CD's

JoEMoNK

ButterflyWoman
16th March 2008, 01:19 PM
Once I was able to calm my mind down I noticed that my mind was blipping in and out like I was almost falling asleep but with out the tired feeling.
I get that sensation sometimes when I'm in a light meditative state (alpha brainwave pattern). I wouldn't have described it that way, but I understand perfectly what you're saying. :)

JoEMoNK
16th March 2008, 05:45 PM
I get that sensation sometimes when I'm in a light meditative state (alpha brainwave pattern). I wouldn't have described it that way, but I understand perfectly what you're saying. :)

When else are you going to get to use a word like blipping :?: :lol:

orygbus
16th March 2008, 08:11 PM
I've had the BB for a few days now...although it's good for relaxation, I haven't notices much of anything else....

nightflyer
17th March 2008, 05:47 AM
Well Karpo, I've discussed the subject of Qigong with my wife & it seems she thinks its all bs.So I guess she's not yet ready to be helped.I'd like to tell her to lose about 75 pounds, but don't dare :D. I did find a Dragon/Tigar video online by Bruce Frantzies that I think I'll order for myself, I'm starting to get creaky around the edges.

ButterflyWoman
17th March 2008, 09:10 AM
I'd like to tell her to lose about 75 pounds, but don't dare :D.
Trust me, she knows she needs to lose it. She's just not admitting it. ;)

Korpo
17th March 2008, 12:01 PM
Well Karpo, I've discussed the subject of Qigong with my wife & it seems she thinks its all bs.So I guess she's not yet ready to be helped.I'd like to tell her to lose about 75 pounds, but don't dare :D. I did find a Dragon/Tigar video online by Bruce Frantzies that I think I'll order for myself, I'm starting to get creaky around the edges.

That's just as well. There are so many ways to heal yourself out there, acupuncture, herbal medicine, yoga, meditation, shamanic soul travel, etc. Each works in their own ways and might be best for another kind of person. Perhaps the method your wife needs and can accept will cross her path. I hope so. A lot of methods can complement school medicine.

You have to feel comfortable with them, though, or you might get a reverse placebo effect - if you think "This cannot work" all the time, even effective medication might work considerably less or develop side effects.

As for Dragon & Tiger, I'm currently observing quite nice effects for myself. I have observed energy movements in my body of a very good, cool, energy. I have also felt the effects in my aura, and had all kinds of physical effects. It proved helpful to my other practices, and so I think it is effective. You might want to attend a workshop if this is your first experience with movement Qigong, but I have to say the book is extremely detailed in its descriptions. (I tend to skip some instructions because it is extremely detailed sometimes).

Hope you enjoy it. It would also be interesting if you get into it and practice it daily how it changes your experience with the binaureals.

Good success,
Oliver

nightflyer
18th March 2008, 03:53 AM
No wonder you're called OlderWiser.LOL

ButterflyWoman
18th March 2008, 06:44 AM
No wonder you're called OlderWiser.LOL
I'm only wiser than I was when I was younger, which isn't really much considering what I was like when I was young. I don't claim to be wise, but thank you for the compliment. ;)

nightflyer
28th March 2008, 07:20 PM
Just thought that I'd mention that I've experienced nothing further from the BB CD's even though I use them daily. With the single exception that an owl is now in a large number of my nightly dreams. Sometimes it warns me about something in my current dream, othertimes it offers me advice. But it only interacts within my dreams never in real life.Its kinda different having a pet owl.