PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Skeleton Key

oath
27th November 2005, 02:52 PM
Takes place in Louisianna Bayous and I about a witches and magick and all that good stuff. The magick is actually something called hoodoo which they say is different from voodoo, in that voodoo is relatively harmless but this is the hoodoo magick is that which is the harmful magick. Nothing much to be learned here, at least for me, nothing enlightening or anything of that nature. Fairly good movie, bad ending (the good guys didnt win :cry: ) a little neat as far as the magick symbols and circles used are very much familiar with the real ones. As far as that wouldnt watch it again nor would I the first time if I had known what I know now (with the exclusion of knowing the plot, takes out all the fun :p) unless I was perhaps really bored, nothing on tv, internet etc.. cold outside and wanted to possibly relax (key word: relax=not scary).

Apex
27th November 2005, 07:35 PM
The best endings are those where the 'good guys' don't win.

oath
27th November 2005, 08:19 PM
The best endings are those where the 'good guys' don't win.

Sorlac, I have been noticing your posts lately and they seems quite odd. Negative. Is something wrong? And please don't tell me its the the holidays. I can take this, but its not good for the forum and others, keep things to yourself more ok? or find a better way to dispose of them, go write down your thoughts, or type them out on the internet. Listen to some music, let loose. Also, it might be a good idea to delete those writings when your done as they can carry that energy.

Apex
27th November 2005, 08:28 PM
I'll provide some clarification. The reason I say those are the best endings is because in most movies the 'good guys' win, which is not realistic. The good guys do not always win in real life, often despite their best efforts. That does not mean that the effort is trying was in vain, because it's quite likely some other, alternative outcome that could have been worse was avoided. But putting a bright, superficial, unrealistic (against all odds) happy ending in all movies is going too far.

oath
27th November 2005, 11:04 PM
I'll provide some clarification. The reason I say those are the best endings is because in most movies the 'good guys' win, which is not realistic. The good guys do not always win in real life, often despite their best efforts. That does not mean that the effort is trying was in vain, because it's quite likely some other, alternative outcome that could have been worse was avoided. But putting a bright, superficial, unrealistic (against all odds) happy ending in all movies is going too far.

Okay, Just concerned thats all. And thanks for the reply and clarification.

sash
28th November 2005, 06:41 AM
This director never makes a movie with a good ending (except for The Ring 2 I think, can't remember though).

Dark Water, Skeleton Key, The Ring ...

Most of his films are quite good, and they do focus a lot on spirits, magick and the paranormal.

Sasha

Donald McGlinn
10th December 2005, 02:56 AM
... its not good for the forum and others, keep things to yourself more ok? or find a better way to dispose of them...

Oath,

You are not a moderator nor are you in a place of *any* authority on this forum. There is nothing wrong with Sorlac's post.

It is *not* your responsibility to police this forum. The moderators and admin will decide what is appropriate behaviour and what isn't.
Your post was intimidating and unnecessary.

If you (or anyone for that matter) has a problem with anyone's post in this forum, you are to notify one of the moderators or an admin and they will take what ever action is deemed necessary. Please keep that in mind.

Donald